The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

Parthenos

Why hast thou let me see this, Lucifer?
kiwifarms.net
Archive doesn’t work with the site so I‘ll just post the link here:
Artist at ND uploaded the Abby render to an artist platform and some based slavic devs are making fun of it

View attachment 1420938
View attachment 1420939
View attachment 1420940
Say what you will about CDPR being "cucked" or whatever with CP2077, that last comment shows at least they're in better shape than a good chunk of the industry since they have the good sense not to fire a skilled artist for expressing their opinion.

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Say what you will about CDPR being "cucked" or whatever with CP2077, that last comment shows at least they're in better shape than a good chunk of the industry since they have the good sense not to fire a skilled artist for expressing their opinion.
Idk CDPR fired their social media guy with lightning speed after he made a rather tame "did you just assume my gender?" joke.

Parthenos

Why hast thou let me see this, Lucifer?
kiwifarms.net
Idk CDPR fired their social media guy with lightning speed after he made a rather tame "did you just assume my gender?" joke.
If you're a social media guy for anyone, then you'd better believe that being the primary fall guy comes with the job. I just don't think that they'd do a Druckmann-style mass firing for anyone with conflicting viewpoints, that's all.

Clint Westwood

I feel kinda fly standin' next to you.
kiwifarms.net
The Woke-Off continued on Twitter yesterday, as ND's favorite critic made a comment and Troy Baker got triggered.

View attachment 1415718

View attachment 1415719

View attachment 1415720

tweet / archive / tweet / archive
Here's a quote Troy should look into.

Without debate, without criticism, no Administration and no country can succeed--and no republic can survive. That is why the Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy. And that is why our press was protected by the First Amendment-- the only business in America specifically protected by the Constitution- -not primarily to amuse and entertain, not to emphasize the trivial and the sentimental, not to simply "give the public what it wants"--but to inform, to arouse, to reflect, to state our dangers and our opportunities, to indicate our crises and our choices, to lead, mold, educate and sometimes even anger public opinion. - John F. Kennedy
Troy Baker is legit my favorite VA but he's literally just a VA, idk what kind of education he thinks he has that puts him on a separate plane of existence from gamers.
Meh. Steve Blum and Fred Tatasciore are much better. Their talent, though, not them as people, that is. The voiceover industry is full of echo-chamber retardation.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net

bricked

kiwifarms.net
And Cuckman's career is in the toilet. Nobody's going to let him be in charge of anything ever again.
as said before, unfortunately the higher ups in these companies don't seem to understand exactly how badly those under them have fucked up, plus, the "right politics" seem to carry people through these jobs pretty well. tlou2 will likely sell well enough to convince an executive that he did a good job and throw another project his way. just look at what happened with rian johnson after last jedi.

I think if anything, this will be a legitimate test on whether "muh story" and "muh characters" actually means anything to TLoU fans, and not just brand power. Might even be a good study on whether a game with good graphics but mediocre gameplay and sub-par story can still go gangbusters or not.
i think a lot of the fans of tlou are fans because it's "mature storytelling" to them. basically that mindset that because people say the fuck word and edgy gory death happens out of nowhere they're totally adults consuming adult product. it's like being a fan of the game of thrones TV show. or even the books really, both are just exercises in making yourself miserable at the end of the day.

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
as said before, unfortunately the higher ups in these companies don't seem to understand exactly how badly those under them have fucked up, plus, the "right politics" seem to carry people through these jobs pretty well. tlou2 will likely sell well enough to convince an executive that he did a good job and throw another project his way. just look at what happened with rian johnson after last jedi.

i think a lot of the fans of tlou are fans because it's "mature storytelling" to them. basically that mindset that because people say the fuck word and edgy gory death happens out of nowhere they're totally adults consuming adult product. it's like being a fan of the game of thrones TV show. or even the books really, both are just exercises in making yourself miserable at the end of the day.
Probably. I've said it before and I'll say it again - unremitting grimdarkness is not mature, it's pubescent. Adults like character development. Bleakness for its own sake is the domain of edgy teenagers.

I suspect you're right about Neil Druckmann failing upwards. He, like Rian Johnson, have made a career of it.

Atomsk

Pirate King
kiwifarms.net
Here's a quote Troy should look into.

Meh. Steve Blum and Fred Tatasciore are much better. Their talent, though, not them as people, that is. The voiceover industry is full of echo-chamber retardation.
I mean, Steve Blum wrote a 5 paragraph essay on facebook right after Trump got elected saying that people voted against their own interest and all this other dumb shit. Pretty sure he's since deleted it because I can't find it anywhere but it was really funny.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
it's like being a fan of the game of thrones TV show. or even the books really, both are just exercises in making yourself miserable at the end of the day.
I'd disagree with that, because Game of Thrones wasn't just grimdark. There's catharsis, there's resolution, and the show might have screwed the pooch but there is a big difference in how, say, Arya's revenge plot ends vs. Ellie's, even though there's a superficial similarity in that they both stop before the final kill.

The game luxuriates in its misery the way the TV show, at least (I've not read the books) mostly avoids. I'd say Game of Thrones is brutal, while The Last of Us Part 2 is self-righteously miserable.

Bread Fetishist

Public enemy to bakers everywhere
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, a lot of voice actors are spergs. They tend to be either smug, woke, egotistical, thin-skinned or some unholy combination of the four.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Really shows that they don't think.
which makes you think.

You see it's a vicious unbreakable cycle.

Like a titanium unicycle with wheels made out of razorblades and being driven by clown. But not like an evil clown, a clown who just found out that his third wife is leaving him for that french mime next door. A clown who has nothing else to lose. The scariest type of clown of them all.

Tags
None