The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's because you didn't play the first one of the reboot trilogy. That one is really dumb. Really really dumb. Second one I actually liked a lot. Third was okay. Writing was fine in both 2 and 3, it was just the first one where it was egregiously bad.
I think that's because they reined in Rhianna some as the games went on. I don't think she's involved in the third one.

Troutsmacked

kiwifarms.net
All of this made me realize that i wont be buying whatever game that bitch cory balrog also makes. the next GOW will be soyfest central
I have zero doubts that it'll be full of black and brown Norse gods because there's no fucking way were ever getting another AAA game with an all white cast of characters like that. In fact I'm convinced the only reason they got away with it in 2018 was because Kratos is voiced by a black guy. Of course now we're at a point where person of race A voicing character of race B = problematic, so who knows what Kratos will even sound like in the future.

Also Brok (the blue dwarf) will be gay or revealed to be a tranny or some equally absurd shit.

fffd.jpg

Titos

Can't stop. Won't stop. Please stop.
kiwifarms.net
I have zero doubts that it'll be full of black and brown Norse gods because there's no fucking way were ever getting another AAA game with an all white cast of characters like that. In fact I'm convinced the only reason they got away with it in 2018 was because Kratos is voiced by a black guy. Of course now we're at a point where person of race A voicing character of race B = problematic, so who knows what Kratos will even sound like in the future.

Also Brok (the blue dwarf) will be gay or revealed to be a tranny or some equally absurd shit.

View attachment 1441078
We live in a world where Ninja Theory of all devs has more of a grasp of mythology than a huge dev studio like SSM, that's pretty sad. At least NT had the understanding to not portray Garmr as just another giant furrybait dog like most popular portrayals do. Can't wait for them to try to sidestep the part of the myth where Kratos' son gets fucked by a horse. Cory is a massive fag.

Flight Deck

kiwifarms.net
To be fair, sending death threats to people over the internet - directly to them, tagging them on Twitter, etc. - is exceptional behaviour. More so over fiction, no matter how shit. That it provides ammo for the gamers are dead types, as @The_Penultimate_Warrior points out, just makes it even more counter-productive.

However, a few things to note. In his little collage, Druckmann includes a tweet that is only legitimate criticism with no slurs, which is thunkful. Posting the harassment is actually useful, because it is too easy for people to just pretend they're getting harassed and be believed. But when you've got form for posting any harassment you receive, it is also thunkful about any claims that this is just a small taste of a larger pool of morons, or the majority of all the real harassment you've received.

And while they are sure to blame this on all evil gamer dudebro chuds, and they do exist though not nearly in the numbers people like Druckmann claim, there's a difference between his hate mail and Laura Bailey's. Because there is a group of fans who are known for not being able to separate art from artist, who blur the lines between whether something fictional has real-world consequences, and think that actors should be held accountable for portraying bad things. And that group is decidedly not the gamers who just want to shoot zombies in peace and not be constantly lectured at about politics.
You make some good points about this, points that don't get highlighted enough when there's fan-related controversy.

It's frustrating that the bare minimum of people ever want to point out how any loud assholes that do things like send death threats don't represent the majority of people in a group. Yes, they absolutely exist. No one reasonable is trying to deny that such people exist. No one reasonable is trying to justify harassing any actors or actress just because their characters might be shit, either. But they still are a minority, an exception and not a rule.

The same "evil (gamer) dudebro chud" motions that people go into with situations like this are so fucking tired.

Over time, I've become more comfortable with moving away from the idea of any individual fanbase being the "worst", and reaching towards the conclusion that: A lot of people are just shitty, and those people are involved with a lot of things, some of those things you like. It's a hell of a lot more productive than doing the fanbase pity party any time some shit like this happens.

Gamepad

kiwifarms.net
I think that's because they reined in Rhianna some as the games went on. I don't think she's involved in the third one.
She wasn't involved, and the bad writer of the third did get reined in to begin with. I think they went on to work for Unknown Worlds afterwards.

Medafag

> tfw no big tiddy elf gf :c
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1441555

I dunno what's up with the UK. But this isn't the first one like this I've seen.
No PSOne or PS2, only PS3, PS4 and a lot or Marvel shit, yeah, this fucker only got into videogames once the medium became mainstream and cool a decade ago

Edit: Well shit, it's actually worse than that

shrinetomyqueen.jpg

Are those unopened games? they look like they still have their original plastic wrap

Last edited:

MeltyTW

kiwifarms.net
It's because you didn't play the first one of the reboot trilogy. That one is really dumb. Really really dumb. Second one I actually liked a lot. Third was okay. Writing was fine in both 2 and 3, it was just the first one where it was egregiously bad.
yeah i could see that, the first one didnt sound enticing at all so i never got it

The only person who is owned is him. By Sony.
every time someone buys tlou 2 for the irony cuckman dries his tears with a their 60 dollars. seriously people act like hopelessness of one purchase mattering excuses it, no these things take a lot of people saying "no" you might not matter and most likely wont but everyone saying "well i cant change it" helps perpetuate it. the only way it could ever possibly change is someone saying no and saying yes just decreases the chance from hopeless to unthinkable. i dunno people should sacrifice even that little bit if it even increases the likelihood by an infinitesimally small amount. i dont understand the mindset of just presenting your moist gaping wallet to get fucked by some soyboy and a line of clueless chinamen

Tags
None