The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
With worse writing (I mean, come the fuck on, you have an explosives expert actually say things like "killed my soul with bombs" and "defuse my sins"?)
Nah, Kojima has stated in interviews the dialogue in the early Metal gear games were heavily influenced by late 80's early 90's action movies. It's supposed to be over the top and bombastic.

I honestly think that's why the Quiet caused such a meltdown among sjw fags. If Quiet had been introduced in the 90's no one would have cared. The culture changed radically between the early 2000's and the 2010's.

mandatorylurk

kiwifarms.net
The dipshit doesn't even try to qualify it by genre or by the last 2-3 years. A fucking 30 year old who just grew up around games but never played them would be able to point out 10 longer games through cultural osmosis, from GTA to Final Fantasy games alone. Throw in Kingdom Hearts just for extra buffer and it's done.

Jason Wojnar likely took 30 hours to beat the game with the super easy accessible modes turned on.

The handsome tard

Currently targeting Bill Gates, you are welcome!
kiwifarms.net
Sorry to cut in a little late regarding that weirdo with the shrine room but part of me wouldn't be surprised at all if those copies of the game on that display weren't actually copies of the game - Gamestop and other companies that display games like that have dozens of covers they just stick in empty shells and they throw those away once the promotion's done so unless our little freak actually spent money on each copy (which also wouldn't surprise me at all), those are probably just empty PS4 shells with the covers he got from Gamestop.

I sure wish I had money to waste flagrantly like that regardless. Surely no one actually sleeps in that, right?
oh my sweet summerchild....

Not to mention, 3 was loaded with potshots at Raiden. People hated Raiden at that point and Kojima opted to join in on the mockery. If it were Druckmann (or basically any other game director in the last decade), they would have lashed out at the audience for not liking their character.
Indeed tho I will always feel like the Raiden hatred was rather childish and based on the fact that people wanted to play more as snake (but I dont see anyone having a heart attack over you playing as Big Boss in MGS3). Honestly, the older I get, the better MGS 2 becomes on the simple fact it managed to be post-modern and subversive without making a complete ass of itself and the franchise.

Wooz

Public enemy #1
kiwifarms.net
He's trying to set himself up as an auteur like Kojima, where if you think of one of his games, you invariably think of the man himself. He's succeeded, sort of, but in all the wrong ways. Enjoy your stalker, retard.
It's funny since Neil Druckmann himself said that the shtick he pulled with swapping Joel's models in the marketing was inspired by Metal Gear Solid 2's own marketing. Bitch, what you pulled was more akin to Halo 5's false advertising.

oh my sweet summerchild....

Indeed tho I will always feel like the Raiden hatred was rather childish and based on the fact that people wanted to play more as snake (but I dont see anyone having a heart attack over you playing as Big Boss in MGS3). Honestly, the older I get, the better MGS 2 becomes on the simple fact it managed to be post-modern and subversive without making a complete ass of itself and the franchise.
You also have to understand that it took years and two games (MGS4 and MGR) for people to warm up to Raiden as a character. I don't see the same happening to a character like Abby, unless Neil makes a hack n slash game where she fights another roided up beef cake as the final boss.

Last edited:

Hangula Hungui

Please don’t push me, mummy packed me yoghurt
kiwifarms.net
It's funny since Neil Druckmann himself said that the shtick he pulled with swapping Joel's models in the marketing was inspired by Metal Gear Solid 2's own marketing. Bitch, what you pulled was more akin to Halo 5's false advertising.
If I remember correctly, the advertisement for MGS2‘s scenes with Snake were actually real. It’s just that all the scenes including him were either from the Tanker mission or when he joins Raiden in Arsenal. No model swap or anything like that.

The handsome tard

Currently targeting Bill Gates, you are welcome!
kiwifarms.net
You also have to understand that it took years and two games (MGS4 and MGR) for people to warm up to Raiden as a character. I don't see the same happening to a character like Abby, unless Neil makes a hack n slash game where she fights another roided up beef cake as the final boss.
Yeah but even back in MGS 2 I feel like he didnt deserve as much hate as he got. Goofy moments? I remember everyone loving Big Boss having those in MGS 3. Besides, its not like Raiden disrespected Snake, if anything, he was meant to be a fanboy of him. He didnt steal the spotlight from Snake, if anything, Snake NOT being in the spotlight was part of his "arc" in it, he had ascended into a more important role but it all still felt in character. Besides, Snake still had his moments to shine in the beginning, middle (as Pliskin) and at the end (his speech is to this day very meaningful, being a message that everyone can make a difference, even "you", the player). Raiden still had his moments to shine but, obviously, not at the cost of Snake's.

I get why someone wouldnt like Raiden (especially MGS2 Raiden) but most of the hate towards him come from reaction to the subversion of playing as him rather than Snake (who the players already had an attachment to). Also calling him a "pretty boy" and that his romance with Rose was cringy (the only argument I think held some water, I really felt their romance could have been paced much better but it wasnt by itself bad).

Either way, Im glad people have warmed up to the character eventually (it only took him losing his human body, humanity and will to live, with him only getting two of those back later on).

But oh man, can one imagine the reaction if the sons of liberty were truly led by Solid Snake and Raiden had to kill him? I assure you, the hatred at the character and Kojima would be unlike any other...

If I remember correctly, the advertisement for MGS2‘s scenes with Snake were actually real. It’s just that all the scenes including him were either from the Tanker mission or when he joins Raiden in Arsenal. No model swap or anything like that.
Thats because Snake had a healthy amount of action and scenes in MGS 2 to the point he didnt feel missing in the game.

Cuckmann had to cheat to "trick" us, probably wasting so much money to change the models just for advertisements...

Zeke Von Genbu

Behold my Blade PANDORIA
kiwifarms.net

Contender for the stupidest article written about TLoU2?
20-30 hours is short by RPG standards. Seriously if you play an RPG and you're done within 20-30 hours without even trying to rush it, you should usually get a "that was it?" sort of reaction. Whoever wrote this must have been really trying to jerk this game off.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
20-30 hours is short by RPG standards. Seriously if you play an RPG and you're done within 20-30 hours without even trying to rush it, you should usually get a "that was it?" sort of reaction. Whoever wrote this must have been really trying to jerk this game off.
Oh, let me guess, was Skyrim #1?
And then there was Fallout 3/NV/4 somewhere on the list?

Reactions: AmarettoPie

Zeke Von Genbu

Behold my Blade PANDORIA
kiwifarms.net
Oh, let me guess, was Skyrim #1?
And then there was Fallout 3/NV/4 somewhere on the list?
No to both of those. They state that they're staying away from open world games in favor of more "narrative focused" games, so no Skyrim. Even then this list is shit. You can probably put most JRPGs here and most JRPGs are linear as fuck.

The list and how many hours according to this author is

10: Sekiro Shadows Die Twice (28 hours)
9: GTA V (31 and a half hours)
8: Bloodborne (34 hours)
7: Okami (34 hours)
6: FF7R (34 hours...for the 3rd time)
5: Death Stranding (40 and a half hours)
4: Metal Gear Solid 5 (46 hours)
3: Dark Souls 1 (46 hours) they mention every Dark Souls is longer then TLOU2.
2: Red Dead Redemption 2 (47 and a half hours)
1: Persona 5 (97 hours) they mention JRPGs take 30-50 hours yet ignore most of them.

Wooz

Public enemy #1
kiwifarms.net
Actually, some of the trailers showed Snake in scenarios that he wasn't in at all in the final game such as fighting Fortune.

Gehenna

With every step, my Autism grows.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No to both of those. They state that they're staying away from open world games in favor of more "narrative focused" games, so no Skyrim. Even then this list is shit. You can probably put most JRPGs here and most JRPGs are linear as fuck.

1: Persona 5 (97 hours) they mention JRPGs take 30-50 hours yet ignore most of them.
I we sure the writer wasn't subtly suggesting "Play any of these BUT TLo2"? That's a pretty solid list of games.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

>"staying away from open world games"
>RDR2
>MGS5
>GTAV
>Death Stranding
>Okami
>Dark Souls

3/5 of the games on that list are open-world games.

Zeke Von Genbu

Behold my Blade PANDORIA
kiwifarms.net
>"staying away from open world games"
>RDR2
>MGS5
>GTAV
>Death Stranding
>Okami
>Dark Souls

3/5 of the games on that list are open-world games.
Those games have "focused narratives", according to this author, while Bethesda games don't because of their sand boxy nature or something. At least I think that is their point. I still don't get why GTAV is there, that has about as much of a narrative focus as Skyrim does where yes it has a narrative but most people are playing these games to go fuck around and do dumb shit outside of the narrative the majority of the time.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Those games have "focused narratives", according to this author, while Bethesda games don't because of their sand boxy nature or something. At least I think that is their point. I still don't get why GTAV is there, that has about as much of a narrative focus as Skyrim does where yes it has a narrative but most people are playing these games to go fuck around and do dumb shit outside of the narrative the majority of the time.
This author is a complete dumbass.
There was literally no focused narrative for Dark Souls, you had to piece the lore together yourself,
MGS5 bounces around from "revenge" to "wolbachia" to "Volgin wants revenge" to "psychic russian can take over robit" to "such a lust for revenge! Whoooooo?" to even more "wolbachia". I'm one of the people who think the story was unfinished.

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
MGS5 bounces around from "revenge" to "wolbachia" to "Volgin wants revenge" to "psychic russian can take over robit" to "such a lust for revenge! Whoooooo?" to even more "wolbachia". I'm one of the people who think the story was unfinished.
The game pretty much was rushed near the end given that was I think why Konami ultimately let Kojima go - which is ironic given the unfinished final mission Kingdom of the Flies (basically Sahalenthropus Round 3) only exists in unfinished cutscene and concept art, but what does exist looks great despite its unfinished state having dudes fall over dead when Sahalenthropus just points it flamethrower wiener at them.

Tags
None