The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
Gotta say, reading some of the reactions in this thread, you’d think that Neil Druckmann killed somebody’s dog. I mean yeah, the game is heavily flawed and deserves to be criticized, but some people are taking it much too personally and attributing to malice what could just as easily be attributed to stupidity/incompetence.
Considering how Cuckmann himself has reacted to people criticizing his game, and remembering how shit Naughty Dog treated its employees, and seeing how much this game thoroughly shit on its own audience, I'm calling malice and stupidity. Stupidity because Cuckmann is an obvious idiot who can't run a studio and should never have been in charge of a major game production, and malice because he clearly despises his own audience and is a raging narcissistic little bitch who clearly thinks he's the greatest game director of all time, and made this game the way it is knowing people would react negatively because he honestly couldn't give a damn about the opinions of anyone else other than himself and his personal clique of sycophants.

LinkinParkxNaruto[AMV]

I try so hard and got so far
kiwifarms.net
I don't care about TLoU but the drama was hilarious.

I almost want there to be more AAA games going full Anita Sarkeesian and shit on its own fanbase just so i can laugh at the ensuing sandstorm as all sides are very excepcional individuals. The triggering alone makes it worth it and its more fun than what an "interactive movie" type of game could be.

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
Considering how Cuckmann himself has reacted to people criticizing his game, and remembering how shit Naughty Dog treated its employees, and seeing how much this game thoroughly shit on its own audience, I'm calling malice and stupidity. Stupidity because Cuckmann is an obvious idiot who can't run a studio and should never have been in charge of a major game production, and malice because he clearly despises his own audience and is a raging narcissistic little bitch who clearly thinks he's the greatest game director of all time, and made this game the way it is knowing people would react negatively because he honestly couldn't give a damn about the opinions of anyone else other than himself and his personal clique of sycophants.
Honestly, content creators being egotistical assholes, shutting out any influence other than themselves, and letting their projects scope grow far beyond what they’re able to effectively manage* is a pretty common phenomenon and at this point, and it’s not something I really get angry about (after all, Heaven’s Gate is over 40 years old at this point). I just roll my eyes and have a laugh or two at their expense. Hell, sometimes you get shit like The Room where it’s so bad it’s good and I can say that something positive came out of it in that regard. And in the meantime, there’s plenty of other media to enjoy to help cope with any feelings of disappointment.

*I can tolerate the former two of a creator is insanely talented and able to deliver results (i.e., people like James Cameron and Stanley Kubrick).

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
According to pretty much every source I can find, the beginning of TLOU takes place in September of 2013.

Also, yeah, TLOU2 being set much further into the future would have been beneficial to the plot and patched up a lot of holes in the worldbuilding. I really wish they'd gone the anthology route for the series. As much as I love Ellie and Joel, their story was over at the end of the first game. There was enough for fans to speculate about what their life back at Jackson would be like, but not enough to carry an entire new game, especially since both Joel and Ellie's character arcs were pretty much complete and there wasn't much more room to grow.

The series would have definitely benefited by just capping Joel and Ellie's story with the first game and moving on to tell the stories of other people struggling to survive post-outbreak. Maybe they could have a game set immediately after the outbreak, or maybe they could have set it fifty or even a hundred years after the outbreak like you said. It would have been interesting and given fans a whole new cast of characters to become attatched to, and best of all it wouldn't have come at the expense of two fan-favorites.
Yup, the prologue was September of 2013, I remember that clearly because I got the game for my birthday so September of 2013 was when I started playing it, even though the game originally came out in June of that year I think, so that was an extra "whoa" moment to see that the world ends exactly when I was playing the game.

Also, the idea of a game either set immediately after the outbreak or a game set 100 years after the outbreak are great ideas.

Clint Westwood

I feel kinda fly standin' next to you.
kiwifarms.net
Raiden was a good idea, executed poorly. Something Kojima was able to recognize and, with integrity as an artist, go along with.
Was it poorly executed? I think Raiden’s presence was clearly demonstrated in the game; it was just that people didn’t like it not because it didn’t make sense, but that they had to control this inferior version of Snake.

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
Gotta say, reading some of the reactions in this thread, you’d think that Neil Druckmann killed somebody’s dog. I mean yeah, the game is heavily flawed and deserves to be criticized, but some people are taking it much too personally and attributing to malice what could just as easily be attributed to stupidity/incompetence.
That's just it, he did kill someone's dog.(both in TLOU2 and outside of it). TLOU works because of the emotional connection the player gets and develops by playing as Joel. When you just kill him off, in the way they kill him off, you have killed something akin to an emotional dog people have. That emotional response is what Druckmann was aiming for, he underestimated how much Joel meant to TLOU fans.

This isnt to say I think ita a good thing people have such a strong(?) emotional connection to pixels, but they do nevertheless.

talent99

Did I spook you yet?
kiwifarms.net
This week's Japan sales:
Ghost of Tsushima sold 53.387 copies, a 74,93% decline from last week's 212,915.
Compared to TLOU2's 178.696 to 25.993 drop from week 1 to 2 (85,45%), GoT beats TLOU2 by 10%.

Unless TLOU2 comes with a more than 1000% increase in sales, GoT also outsold TLOU2 IN GENERAL. (266,302 copies vs TLOU2's 220,618 last week.)

Like last week, TLOU2 is not in the top 10, and I expect it won't hit the top 30 either. So tomorrow, I can't calculate the exact decline in sales. what I CAN do, is calculate the minimal drop, based on the sales of the lowest game on the list.

Also notable is Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which actually INCREASED by 30,90%, with 94,115 copies sold.
94.115 is 47,33% of 178.696.

A game from March is selling almost 50% of TLOU2's opening week. wow.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/famitsu-sales-7-20-20-7-26-20

Dysnomia

Party like it's COVID-1999
kiwifarms.net
20-30 hours is short by RPG standards. Seriously if you play an RPG and you're done within 20-30 hours without even trying to rush it, you should usually get a "that was it?" sort of reaction. Whoever wrote this must have been really trying to jerk this game off.
Sounds like it was written by someone whose idea of gaming is playing Candy Crush on the toilet.

Blitzkrieger

LGBTQWTFLOLLMAO
kiwifarms.net
Yup, the prologue was September of 2013, I remember that clearly because I got the game for my birthday so September of 2013 was when I started playing it, even though the game originally came out in June of that year I think, so that was an extra "whoa" moment to see that the world ends exactly when I was playing the game.

Also, the idea of a game either set immediately after the outbreak or a game set 100 years after the outbreak are great ideas.
Just to put an end on this discussion, this is what the playstation website says:
In the world of The Last of Us, September 26 marks the day the cordyceps fungus hit critical mass: it is known as Outbreak Day.
https://www.thelastofus.playstation.com/outbreakday

Sekirodiealot

kiwifarms.net
I keep forgetting that all the female characters, especially the human enemies are fugly as sin. Not sure why druckmann bothered doing that when even lgbt people hates how he handles the female characters design. Also has he considered that people are not looking for role models in video games?
ESPECIALLY mel. Ugly as hell

Urbanmech

Got an AC 10 and not afraid to use it!
kiwifarms.net
This week's Japan sales:
Ghost of Tsushima sold 53.387 copies, a 74,93% decline from last week's 212,915.
Compared to TLOU2's 178.696 to 25.993 drop from week 1 to 2 (85,45%), GoT beats TLOU2 by 10%.

Unless TLOU2 comes with a more than 1000% increase in sales, GoT also outsold TLOU2 IN GENERAL. (266,302 copies vs TLOU2's 220,618 last week.)

Like last week, TLOU2 is not in the top 10, and I expect it won't hit the top 30 either. So tomorrow, I can't calculate the exact decline in sales. what I CAN do, is calculate the minimal drop, based on the sales of the lowest game on the list.

Also notable is Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which actually INCREASED by 30,90%, with 94,115 copies sold.

Keep in mind GoT also couldn't keep up with demand in Japan and told people to buy it digitally if you want it now.

The handsome tard

Currently targeting Bill Gates, you are welcome!
kiwifarms.net
You know something I realized?

The last of us part 2 is the Anti-God Of War (Ps4)

Both feature fathers with dark pasts
Both feature them with their son/daughter figure

I think I should first talk about how they differ when dealing with the fathers' dark pasts.

To say Kratos has a dark past is not doing it justice. Kratos was a borderline villain in the god of war saga. He was a very aggressive psychotic demi-god who had an obessession with honor, power and revenge. Personally, Kratos was fitting for the era and pantheon he represented, most interpretations of greek mythology are very "family friendly" when it comes to its storytelling and myths, God of War, while not being a perfect representation, does feel like a more thematically fitting game set in greek mythology. He started off as a greek tragedy and rose to become a greek apocalypse on a pantheon that might have actually deserved all of it. However, killing the greek gods led to nearly all live in Greece being destroyed, only chaos being left. However, when realizing what he had done and that the one small thing that can fix things is inside of him, instead of giving it to someone who would rebuilt it in her image, Kratos takes a surprisingly selfless decision and "kills" himself to release hope upon humanity so they will be rebuilding the world, not any new god. Turns out Kratos wasnt good at dying, not even at his own hands. He would go on to survive and travel to a new world where he would start a new family, eventually ending up just with his son and wife's ashes. Kratos in the new God of War is a different man, and yet haunted by the one he used to be. The series adapted to the new era of gaming, especially gaming that took a more cinematic direction. No way they could keep Kratos as borderline villainous killer in today's time where characters having complexities was the way to go (I mean, lets face it, Kratos came out in an age where most gaming mascots were trying to be more gray and some werent even good guys, like Sly Cooper. We seem to now prefer more complexity behind our main characters now, obviously this wasnt new or anything but Im just saying whats trending on the moment). So now Kratos is an older, wiser warrior struggling with controlling his inner demons, his rage...he is as powerful as one can be now but he works at keeping his rage controlled, only letting it out when he has no choice. In his quest to fulfill his wife's wishes to spread her ashes at the highest peak, he works to guide and protect his son into being better than him. Kratos and Atreus's relationship is an amazing one, feeling organic and human, with ups and downs but you know that they both ultimately love each other. God of War is a beautiful powerful tale of a father and son facing external and internal conflicts and by the end of it, both Kratos and Atreus are better and connected now more than ever (however with the looming dread of dangers still yet to come...)

Excuse me for the huge wall of text but its true, God of War is a series I grew up with and its current entry is absolutely amazing (and this is coming from someone who thought the new entry would suck until he actually played it).

I wont do the same for Joel because most of it has been said already, Joel is far from a good person, he has done horrible things...but its how both of their pasts are dealt with that differ both games from each other.

The funny thing is that Kratos is the most evil and selfish between the two of them and yet the plot treats his mistakes with far more maturity than Joel's. The focus isnt on Kratos' past but there are connections here and there to show that he cant ever fix his mistakes but he can prevent future ones by his son. Joel has no such thing, he isnt allowed to reflect and adapt around his actions (and unlike Kratos, they were far more morally ambiguious so calling them "a mistake" is rather wrong), he is never forced to face with its consequences (no, his death scene doesnt count since he never came to learn who the hell Abby even was...bitch told him to "guest" and she seriously expected him to actually know...Abby is such an arrogant bitch, holy shit). Joel isnt a character in TLOU Part 2, he is a plot device, a reason to kick off the plot and nothing else. The closest things to developtment he gets are in the flashbacks and those obviously kind of make it all worse in my eyes since it shows they could have given us a better product and yet choosen not to. We wanted to see his actions being confronted and faced, have that strain his relationship with Ellie (tho not the way it was done in the actual game where they kind of remain separated for a long while with neither of them attempting to patch things up until its far too late). We wanted the game to be around the consequences of his actions and how him and Ellie would deal with it as they face the harsh world together again. And by the end they would come out stronger from it (I for one dont think Joel should have died in part 2 at all unless it was really well done).

But while GOW made me feel connected to these characters and invested in their external and internal challenges, TLOU Part 2 just makes me wonder how can you fuck up a franchise this freaking much and yet still claim moral superioty over your "haters".

I assure you,Kratos deserved to die far more than Joel and yet he was allowed the gift of actual character developtment while Joel was doomed to be a sacrificial lamb for an awful sequel by an arrogant, unlikable, grotestically shaped roided "chick".

And it stands to reason why GOW is still selling well even after all this time and people are counting the days until the sequel gets announced while no one is talking about TLOU anymore, outside of complete mockery and criticism and how it all crashed down thanks to a deranged arrogant jewish soy boy.

talent99

Did I spook you yet?
kiwifarms.net
This week's Japan sales:

It's a miracle, but TLOU2 is still in the top 30. It dropped from 22 to 27.
TLOU2 sold 2,325 copies, a minuscule drop of 4,20% based on last week's 2,427. It seems like TLOU2 has plateaued.

The handsome tard

Currently targeting Bill Gates, you are welcome!
kiwifarms.net
Can we agree that the true heroes of TLOU Part 2 are the infected that tried to kill Abby at the beginning of the game? They were trying to save Joel and the franchise. That explains why they were so rabbid and determined at getting her, they knew if they failed, the entire brand would be destroyed.

One of them got SO close to getting a bite in that would stop this evil once and for all...but ironically he gets killed by the same man he tried to save...if he could speak, he would only warn Joel that "he doesnt know what the hell he had just done..."

Tags
None