The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

Gehenna

With every step, my Autism grows.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Except it has still sold over 5 million copies. Granted, this is below expectations but the fact that there were that many bugmen willing to day-one or preorder it despite the warning signs is deeply concerning.
Many would not have actually SEEN warning signs, in fact I'd say a majority. The largest group probably heard there were leaks and... nothing else. Consciously avoiding them because the first game was story driven. So pre-order sales is not indicative of future sales on this one.

The handsome tard

Currently targeting Bill Gates, you are welcome!
kiwifarms.net
Except it has still sold over 5 million copies. Granted, this is below expectations but the fact that there were that many bugmen willing to day-one or preorder it despite the warning signs is deeply concerning.
Are those counting refunds or not?

Besides, I say good luck selling any games after this Naughty Dog. Normies forget,gamers do not.

Edit: I also forgot to mention what Gehenna did, just because it sold a lot on day 1, doesnt mean it kept a healthy number of sales through the following weeks and months to pay itself. TLOU part 2 had a HUGE drop in sales the time after the very first few days. A good opening sales dont instantly equal sucesses. Dont even get me started on the international market.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
Are those counting refunds or not?

Besides, I say good luck selling any games after this Naughty Dog. Normies forget,gamers do not.

Edit: I also forgot to mention what Gehenna did, just because it sold a lot on day 1, doesnt mean it kept a healthy number of sales through the following weeks and months to pay itself. TLOU part 2 had a HUGE drop in sales the time after the very first few days. A good opening sales dont instantly equal sucesses. Dont even get me started on the international market.
TLOU2 might somehow break even, but the absolute shitshow of coverage despite Sony paying off innumerable reviewers (and some of those reviewers even subtly and not so subtly stating problems with the game's...everything) is not something that I think Cuckman can overcome so long as his name is attached to the project. And that son of a bitch is absolutely about his ego so there isn't a chance in hell he won't shove his ass in the spotlight for a potential third installment.

On top of that, the game really doesn't look that great on paper. Seven years, $100 million budget, and we're only a few months out from release and nobody's talking about it? With an eviscerated studio that's lost most of its original talent? With an extremely high-profile leak that unquestionably did damage because how many copies would have sold if not for the exposure that Joel dies and is replaced by Abby leading to pre-order cancelations?

The handsome tard

Currently targeting Bill Gates, you are welcome!
kiwifarms.net
That's the first time I've seen that cutscene. How the hell is Abby not out cold after getting repeatedly hit in the face with a bat? I can only suspend my disbelief so far, it looks ridiculous how she's still struggling at the end.
No one is allowed to be head smashing strong like Abby, I thought you would know that by now. They could have hit her with that bat to the head over an hour and she would still be mostly fine. Just a flesh wound with old Abby

TLOU2 might somehow break even, but the absolute shitshow of coverage despite Sony paying off innumerable reviewers (and some of those reviewers even subtly and not so subtly stating problems with the game's...everything) is not something that I think Cuckman can overcome so long as his name is attached to the project. And that son of a bitch is absolutely about his ego so there isn't a chance in hell he won't shove his ass in the spotlight for a potential third installment.

On top of that, the game really doesn't look that great on paper. Seven years, $100 million budget, and we're only a few months out from release and nobody's talking about it? With an eviscerated studio that's lost most of its original talent? With an extremely high-profile leak that unquestionably did damage because how many copies would have sold if not for the exposure that Joel dies and is replaced by Abby leading to pre-order cancelations?
Giving how Sony isnt in a hurry to show the american numbers, if TLOU somehow breaks even it will be like The Rise of Skywalker...it will be a VERY slow crawling increase with them just barely reaching the finishing line when other games released after it had already passed it a few months already. They will praise it as a victory to the press obviously, but behind the scenes they know that they didnt made this trashfire to sell the borderline expected bare minimun. I also suspect there are some meddling with the numbers (because leftists love those), are we counting refunds or not? Or hell, are some of the people that bought the game even alive? Maybe a dead cat bought the game at this point.

No one is allowed to be head smashing strong like Abby, I thought you would know that by now. They could have hit her with that bat to the head over an hour and she would still be mostly fine. Just a flesh wound with old Abby
TBF hitting that thing with a bat is much like shooting a grizzly bear with nerf darts and expecting it to keel over.

Gehenna

With every step, my Autism grows.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Giving how Sony isnt in a hurry to show the american numbers, if TLOU somehow breaks even it will be like The Rise of Skywalker...it will be a VERY slow crawling increase with them just barely reaching the finishing line when other games released after it had already passed it a few months already. They will praise it as a victory to the press obviously, but behind the scenes they know that they didnt made this trashfire to sell the borderline expected bare minimun. I also suspect there are some meddling with the numbers (because leftists love those), are we counting refunds or not? Or hell, are some of the people that bought the game even alive? Maybe a dead cat bought the game at this point.
Game sales numbers work slightly different to movies. What the publisher counts as a sale is a sale of a single unit to a store for retail (for physical copies). The only direct point of sales is Digital, but the majority of sales are still Physical.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
I'd watch it if there were a crossover with Mazin's Chernobyl. One where Abby accidentally tosses a golf club into the control panel of a long abandoned nuclear power plant and winds up causing a reaction in space time that sends her hurtling into the heart of Chernobyl's Reactor 4, causing an explosion. Instead of it killing everybody, Abby absorbs the nuclear radiation and becomes an even more bulked out version of the Hulk. She then decides to murder everyone on Earth named Joel, but since she's stuck in a country where no one is named Joel, she gives up and starts bench-pressing the blocks of graphite scattered around Reactor 4. Then Dyatlov shows up and starts calling her delusional, causing her to merge with him and become the most powerful living meme that has ever been created. People are both amused and horrified. Craig Mazin now steps out and calmly explains that this is all the fault of Donald Trump. Mazin then backs up into Niel Druckman (who is standing behind him), causing both men to rip their clothes off and have violent buttsex for 5 minutes.

Fin.

Tags
None