The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
What the hell is it with Western devs and every "strong female" has to have a shaved head of some kind and be androgynous?

for the same reason male soldiers have a shaved head and look butch.
besides that does the game have a fucking character creator, the first pic is just the one they used for promo materials, it's like getting your panties in a twist about default female shepard.
story-wise you're a life-long soldier getting some magical powers, that's why you're built like gina carano.
this is a fucking nothingburger.

By avoiding making a stereotypical girl character design they make a different stereotypical girl design

>waaaah that girl doesn't look like a soldier
>waaaah why does that girl look like a soldier

at some point it gets retarded.

The Doom Slayer

Tempered by the fires of Hell
kiwifarms.net
How does the magic work?
Explain some of the magic. How real is the magic?
There's a lightning storm that gives you space magic powers. You can shoot fire out of your hands and shit like that.

I've only played its demo but I kind of liked it. The writing is dumb schlock where everyone is an angry, retarded meathead and there's chest-high walls conveniently placed everywhere. It kind of feels like it fell out of a time portal from 2005.

Too bad it apparently doesn't work half the time - thus I'll probably wait a few months to play the full thing. Unfortunately a common trend in gaming these days.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Boy bands do a better job at the corporate approved androgynous look anyways. Stronk "female" characters are just ugly.
That's probably because K-Pop groups don't spend thousands of dollars to cover themselves with ink and piercings and to intentionally make themselves look ugly.

The feminist groups have internalized the "IM BEAUTIFUL ON THE INSIDE" so they've intentionally made themselves look like ogres on the outside. Because if you judge them to be ugly that means YOU are the shallow person, however it seems that in the majority of instances the outside does match the inside.

Mary the Goldsmith

kiwifarms.net
They realized they wrote themselves into a corner.
Same reason why they're remaking Last of Us 1 rather than making a new entry in the story.
If the story continues as Ellie, they'll be forced to deal with the elephant sized Abby in the room.
If the story continues as Abby they'll have thoroughly alienated the people who cared about the story of the first game, and instead the audience is left with a unsympathetic plank
If Cuckman wasn't so attached to Abby we could have gotten a sequel and even a long running franchise where installment you play as a big person protecting a smaller person. I made a comment before but have the new protagonist be the son of someone Abby killed he kills Abby with an impractical weapon, the game is marketed with Lev as the protagonist, they get to jack themselves off about "le first transgender vidya hero". But the true protagonist is Abby's killer and he travels with a disabled girl.
TLOU 4 The daughter of someone our previous protagonist killed, comes loooking for revenge and beats him to death with a spoon, the game is marketed with the disabled girl from the previous game as protagonist they jack themselves off about her being "le first disabled vidya heroine", but the true protagonist is the killer.
Rinse and repeat each entry revolving around a duo of a bif strong person and a smaller person he/she must protect, and the player character gets killed in the next game with increasingly impractical weapons.
There I just wrote you an "epic award winning franchise", but this won't happen because Cuckman would never dare kill Abby.

Anya15

kiwifarms.net
but this won't happen because Cuckman would never dare kill Abby.
Well.... he was originally gonna kill her before gross campaign for like 6 months to not kill her. It wouldn’t surprise me if he caved because gross wouldn’t stop or let up on it (personal observation: they seem to have a very turbulent relationship tbh. Especially with how they talk to each other on twitter)

Last edited:

Dysnomia

Is Reimu gonna have to smack a bitch?
kiwifarms.net
here we go, a game about white people impersonating asians

Nikki-chan could probably offend a whole room of games journalists alone.

I used to hang out at Game Gallery playing this one and Road Rash on the 3DO demo console. :lol:

I don't think I ever beat Way of The Warrior. The little fake Chinese kid trying to avenge his grandfather is hard. I usually played as the drunken Australian Crocodile Dundee wannabe or angry white boy soldier.

It's actually not half bad from what I remember. But it is a Mortal Kombat clone. And yeah, all those fake Asians. It's amazing what was gotten away with then. i'm sure Naughty Dog would love to erase it from history.

View attachment 2110817
View attachment 2110837

Hey more Abby inspired 'female' characters.
These are from outriders.

I really hate that bulldyke cut. Although they aren't that bad otherwise. The top one would be prettier with normal hair.

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
If it makes you guys feel better, the D.I.C.E. awards had a ceremony a few days ago, and the winner of the Game of the Year award was not Last of Us Part II but Hades.

I don’t have a PS4 nor have I played LOUII, so I can’t give an honest opinion on the game, but I played Hades and it’s a fantastic and incredibly addictive game. I highly recommend it.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
Color me surprised they actually had enough self awareness to realize absolutely no one wanted more Abby. Baby steps I suppose.
She's a whitewashed Nadine (and voiced by the same person) but this time there's no character to share the DLC with so I guess it makes sense that they cancelled the DLCs.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Remaking TLOU seems like an exercise in pointlessness. There's absolutely no reason to remake it. Remaking MGS V makes more sense and would probably make more money since that game is actually unfinished.

It's not old enough for a remake and the gameplay is fine as is. For a studio to retcon it's own game to justify its retarded sequel is just...wow. The epitome of spite. If they did that I think Neil Druckman gets the crown for worst major creative.

I have seen studios basically retcon or outright overwrite bad or panned sequels from an amazing original but I have NEVER seen the reverse.

It's the height of fucking hubris to think otherwise. That people just don't get YOUR vision so you have to go back and remake it. I have no doubt Druckman will do some half assed shit like including Abby coming in after Joel murders her dad and crying over his corpse so we give a shit about random NPC who was going to knowingly murder a child. The type of cheap emotional exploitation you find in shit movies.

He will not be able to help himself and he NEEDS to validate himself smugly like the hipster faggot he is.

Druckman is a shit writer and ND is just full of his sycophants. TLOU 2 is a garbage story that is retarded with a MtF tranny that only simps like.

People who love this game remind me of My Hero Academia Fans in that they live in this bubble and don't realize shit outside it exists. They only play this game and get ass mad when people are, rightfully, unimpressed.

There's a reason SP DLC gets canned. And it is not because the main game is popular.

Begemot

This is a land of wolves now.....
kiwifarms.net
Remaking TLOU seems like an exercise in pointlessness. There's absolutely no reason to remake it. Remaking MGS V makes more sense and would probably make more money since that game is actually unfinished.

It's not old enough for a remake and the gameplay is fine as is. For a studio to retcon it's own game to justify its retarded sequel is just...wow. The epitome of spite. If they did that I think Neil Druckman gets the crown for worst major creative.

I have seen studios basically retcon or outright overwrite bad or panned sequels from an amazing original but I have NEVER seen the reverse.

It's the height of fucking hubris to think otherwise. That people just don't get YOUR vision so you have to go back and remake it. I have no doubt Druckman will do some half assed shit like including Abby coming in after Joel murders her dad and crying over his corpse so we give a shit about random NPC who was going to knowingly murder a child. The type of cheap emotional exploitation you find in shit movies.

He will not be able to help himself and he NEEDS to validate himself smugly like the hipster faggot he is.

Druckman is a shit writer and ND is just full of his sycophants. TLOU 2 is a garbage story that is retarded with a MtF tranny that only simps like.

People who love this game remind me of My Hero Academia Fans in that they live in this bubble and don't realize shit outside it exists. They only play this game and get ass mad when people are, rightfully, unimpressed.

There's a reason SP DLC gets canned. And it is not because the main game is popular.
As someone who only recently went back to TLOU after years of ignoring it, I'd say the game holds up well on the PS4. It does have some peccadilloes of its time as a PS3 game but overall these are minor. Once you get into the actual emotional interactions between Joel and Ellie I found any foibles in graphic fidelity or gameplay to be overridden by the story.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just don't think something 2 generations ago needs to be remade. RE 2 was remade because that was tank controls and shit like that, it was early survival horror. RE 4 is like on the cusp of a remake or just an improvement (I think we should get a remake but its not getting one, but w/e). I just don't see the need to remake something this soon. Is it to justify interest in a sequel? Is it to milk it out of a wrecked franchise? Is it to retcon the non-remake? I don't get the reasoning.