The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

Begemot

This is a land of wolves now.....
kiwifarms.net
I just don't think something 2 generations ago needs to be remade. RE 2 was remade because that was tank controls and shit like that, it was early survival horror. RE 4 is like on the cusp of a remake or just an improvement (I think we should get a remake but its not getting one, but w/e). I just don't see the need to remake something this soon. Is it to justify interest in a sequel? Is it to milk it out of a wrecked franchise? Is it to retcon the non-remake? I don't get the reasoning.
I think remakes of 7th gen games are kind of redundant. I was thinking about Enslaved:Journey to the west, and it was okay controller-wise, graphically as you'd expect. I can't play the original silent hill versions on ps3 because the controls annoy me (I skipped that generation of consoles).

Compared to a similar game like Uncharted 1, the ps3 version looks good, the ps4 version slightly better. The only weird thing is shaking the controller occasionally, it's not enough to completely revamp the game until druckmann wants to link it to his warped TLOU2 fetishes.

Anya15

kiwifarms.net
I just don't think something 2 generations ago needs to be remade. RE 2 was remade because that was tank controls and shit like that, it was early survival horror. RE 4 is like on the cusp of a remake or just an improvement (I think we should get a remake but its not getting one, but w/e). I just don't see the need to remake something this soon. Is it to justify interest in a sequel? Is it to milk it out of a wrecked franchise? Is it to retcon the non-remake? I don't get the reasoning.
The answer is simple: to make money off of new fans that came via the tv series & Namely to sell ps5s and get those newbs into Sony’s eco system.

Hangula Hungui

Please don’t push me, mummy packed me yoghurt
kiwifarms.net
The answer is simple: to make money off of new fans that came via the tv series & Namely to sell ps5s and get those newbs into Sony’s eco system.
Sony is currently testing in Poland to add anime and tv services to PS+, pretty sure a simple port of TLOU1 would be way cheaper than having the Naughty Dog B-Team working on a remake.
From what I remember, the decision to work on this remake came from Druckmann, simply because he has nothing for the B-Team to work on. At least that’s what Jason Schreier said.

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net
Sony is currently testing in Poland to add anime and tv services to PS+, pretty sure a simple port of TLOU1 would be way cheaper than having the Naughty Dog B-Team working on a remake.
From what I remember, the decision to work on this remake came from Druckmann, simply because he has nothing for the B-Team to work on. At least that’s what Jason Schreier said.
New IP? Screw that, we're now getting Last of Us: golf edition

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
At least that’s what Jason Schreier said.
Would you like to buy a bridge made out of bitcoins?

Yes this is pretty much why, it's not any deep conspiracy. It doesn't even sound like it's going to be majorly reworked because they don't have the dedicated staff to do something on par with what Bluepoint does. I'm honestly expecting something along the lines of Dark Souls Remastered. The big telling sign would be the VA's get hired to record new lines, then it's probably going to be heavily redone because then you have to fuck with motion capture which also opens the door to data incompatibility like Spiderman had since they changed the system to Sony's new standard mocap tech. They used the PS3 version for the PS4 version and changed very little other than adding the DLC to be on disc. So a full on brand new remake adding brand new shit would mean taking data that originated from the PS3 and expecting it to mesh well for the PS5 is going to be a big under taking, because more than likely it won't work.

You're at this point looking at the cost of a brand new game instead of an entry point budget release.

New IP? Screw that, we're now getting Last of Us: golf edition
We will be getting new IPs with the PS5, I just hope nobody got to attached to Sackboy because that sounds like he's on his way out.

Last edited:

Anya15

kiwifarms.net
true, but Sony doesn’t want to just sell a port or a game, they want to sell thier newest console too.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Apparently Zombieland Saga Season 2 referenced the game.

Which means that, much like how westerners laud bad anime because it's foreign, the same can be said for the Japanese.

They too can fall under the guise of something exotic being enough to cover up apparent flaws.

The Doom Slayer

Tempered by the fires of Hell
kiwifarms.net
So is ND just a TLOU factory now? It seems like it's literally all they're interested in making, between this, the TLOU1 remake, the (reported) TLOU2 multiplayer game, helping with the TLOU TV show, etc.

There's such a thing as franchise fatigue, y'know. Especially when you completely raze the universe to the ground as hard as TLOU2 did.

There's a deep, dark part of me that actually hopes it does happen, though, just to see what other kind of deranged shit Druckmann can push. Maybe there will be full-on pedophilia, furshit or bestiality. I can just imagine Ellie becoming a deranged femcel and having to resort to fucking those farm animals after her girlfriend left her.

The Fresh Maker

kiwifarms.net
This is exactly what I was afraid of. At this point it's painfully obvious Naughty Dog is trying to turn The Last Of Us into a cash cow. With the announcement of a remake to a game that's less than 10 years old when the sequel wasn't even a year old at the time of the announcement and not bothering to focus on other franchises, they're giving it the same treatment Disney gave to Star Wars. Like Jesus, at least give it a break.

Begemot

kiwifarms.net
This is exactly what I was afraid of. At this point it's painfully obvious Naughty Dog is trying to turn The Last Of Us into a cash cow. With the announcement of a remake to a game that's less than 10 years old when the sequel wasn't even a year old at the time of the announcement and not bothering to focus on other franchises, they're giving it the same treatment Disney gave to Star Wars. Like Jesus, at least give it a break.
Wouldn't a reset of Uncharted be much easier? Wouldn't that be more....accessible? I like both series but Uncharted is the easier choice for a soft reboot, surely?

ChefKiss

kiwifarms.net
So is ND just a TLOU factory now? It seems like it's literally all they're interested in making, between this, the TLOU1 remake, the (reported) TLOU2 multiplayer game, helping with the TLOU TV show, etc.

Not just ND, they wanted almost every other studio they had to become support studios for ND, Bend, Japan studio, Bluepoint etc, they wanted fucking everyone sacrificed at the altar, that's why so much talent left. ND itself lost 70% of its talent already and they just destroyed every other team too

and without their support studios, what's left of ND has been sitting with their thumb up their ass waiting for more sacrifices.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net

There's such a thing as franchise fatigue, y'know. Especially when you completely raze the universe to the ground as hard as TLOU2 did.

There's a deep, dark part of me that actually hopes it does happen, though, just to see what other kind of deranged shit Druckmann can push. Maybe there will be full-on pedophilia, furshit or bestiality. I can just imagine Ellie becoming a deranged femcel and having to resort to fucking those farm animals after her girlfriend left her.
It doesn't matter if ND becomes a TLOU factory, Sony is setting up around 10 or so other first party studios to replace them. They're putting in 200 million into new first party studios and partnerships for exclusive games. To put it in perspective a timed exclusivity deal is usually around 3-5 million for a large game like Monster Hunter. So even if you have 3 large exclusive titles at 30 million each that's 90 million and you have 110 million left over.

Neil Druckman could crash ND into the fucking ground and all that would happen is that the legacy IPs like Jak and Uncharted get developed by a different studio.

Sekirodiealot

kiwifarms.net
They realized they wrote themselves into a corner.
Same reason why they're remaking Last of Us 1 rather than making a new entry in the story.
If the story continues as Ellie, they'll be forced to deal with the elephant sized Abby in the room.
If the story continues as Abby they'll have thoroughly alienated the people who cared about the story of the first game, and instead the audience is left with a unsympathetic plank
They're realizing it even winning several awards?

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It's partially because it was a new IP that sold better than expected, and partially due to that sunk cost fallacy you have when something fucks up. Lastly the Cuckman is an abusive retard out to control all that he partially worked on.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's ironic as hell because if you go back and read the 2012 Game Informer cover story on The Last Of Us they more or less flat out said it's meant to be a standalone game.

Now they're milking it for all it's worth!

Wouldn't a reset of Uncharted be much easier? Wouldn't that be more....accessible? I like both series but Uncharted is the easier choice for a soft reboot, surely?
Best thing to do with Uncharted would be to make a prequel game about a young Sully.

Begemot

kiwifarms.net
It's ironic as hell because if you go back and read the 2012 Game Informer cover story on The Last Of Us they more or less flat out said it's meant to be a standalone game.

Now they're milking it for all it's worth!

Best thing to do with Uncharted would be to make a prequel game about a young Sully.
A retro UC would be pretty interesting. Make it like an 80's Miami style heist.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently Zombieland Saga Season 2 referenced the game.

Which means that, much like how westerners laud bad anime because it's foreign, the same can be said for the Japanese.

They too can fall under the guise of something exotic being enough to cover up apparent flaws.
Not really surprised. Zombieland Saga was adopted by Tumblrites and came off pretty pozzed.

That said, I remember reading a lot of Japanese didn't understand why Ellie didn't kill Abby and hated the game for it. The meme was it was dishonorable and pretty much a culture clash. So I'm certain this is just artists being out of touch faggots no matter where they are more than Japan liking the game.