The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

Internet's Boyfriend

Whoa.
kiwifarms.net
A microsoft internal document leaked, apparently Microsoft wants to copy TLOU2 with their own original IP, they want to also up the ante on diversity for in game characters.

It's grimey transexuals all the way down!
st04hkrcqpw61.png

Are we sure this is a legit thing? Because some parts sound like the sort of dick-sucking you'd hear from the die-hard fans and the layout looks like someone trying to do a fake magazine article for a school assignment.

I honestly, sincerely hope nobody in the games industry actually thinks Naughty Dog games are the future of gaming. The overly linear, forced-walking movie-game shit makes me want to commit sudoku.

Also I saw this posted on r/PS4 and the OP put the "significantly ahead of anything on console or PC" quote in the title without context despite that line only referring to visuals, which is a very reddit thing to do.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2138673

Are we sure this is a legit thing? Because some parts sound like the sort of dick-sucking you'd hear from the die-hard fans and the layout looks like someone trying to do a fake magazine article for a school assignment.

I honestly, sincerely hope nobody in the games industry actually thinks Naughty Dog games are the future of gaming. The overly linear, forced-walking movie-game shit makes me want to commit sudoku.

Also I saw this posted on r/PS4 and the OP put the "significantly ahead of anything on console or PC" quote in the title without context despite that line only referring to visuals, which is a very reddit thing to do.
You're asking if Microsoft would copy surface level stuff from a competitor without regard for established norms or function just for the sake of having an also ran carbon copy that could be mistaken for the original software but just different enough so they don't get sued?

Have you seen windows 10?

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2138673

Yep it's real:

The Doom Slayer

Tempered by the fires of Hell
kiwifarms.net
A microsoft internal document leaked, apparently Microsoft wants to copy TLOU2 with their own original IP, they want to also up the ante on diversity for in game characters.

It's grimey transexuals all the way down!
That's... really not what it says at all. Nothing about their original IP or "diversity" is mentioned once.

It's apparently legit though, it's an internal document that leaked because of all the Apple vs Epic court stuff going on right now. It looks like MS basically has people review competitors' games. Not really surprising, most of it sounds like a puff piece.

I did get a laugh out of: "Naughty Dog still can't seem to make decent gun combat in any of their games, and this one is no exception." :story:

ChefKiss

kiwifarms.net
Even if it’s legit, it could be nothing more than an internal proposal to come up with more IPs to get Microsoft competitive again.
It's common practice for games companies to do internal reviews of competitors games as part of market analysis for business plans for making new games.
That's why it sounds so fawning at times, they're trying to sell the suits on the idea of investing in a game like that but which fixes the perceived faults with it

ellroy

kiwifarms.net
It's common practice for games companies to do internal reviews of competitors games as part of market analysis for business plans for making new games.
That's why it sounds so fawning at times, they're trying to sell the suits on the idea of investing in a game like that but which fixes the perceived faults with it
That’s what I figured after reading the document. I think Microsoft couldn’t lose if they delved into cinematic games but they shouldn’t use the TLOU2 as the gold standard.

Sekirodiealot

kiwifarms.net
Its pretty obvious they don't play games. One is an antagonist, not a playable character. Another can be designed to whoever you want to be, not even having a 'canon' appearance until the third game, Returnal is a very very recent, AA game that resembles Risk of Rain 2.

What they have in common is that one is very recent and a journo favorite, another is super popular on Twitter for the thirst generated and another is...I don't even know why they put fem shep on as she's formerly beloved but Mass Effect is basically a shit stain franchise right now.

Its very clear they're running out of money and shit to print out so they're quite desperate and have to display their complete incompetence.

Abby is an ugly troon designed by a fucking retard. Literally any female character is better.
Abby stans that attack people for not liking her muscles will always be ironic when they continue to bitch about hot female characters that get more love than her and with dimitrescu being recent, they still seethe.

Sekirodiealot

kiwifarms.net
What are the chances that none of these people have ever seen an inside of a gym?
Next to none. Oh well all they can do now.is go on about how tlou2 won awards like it exempts it from criticism since most people are aware it doesn't deserve to win anything. Considering druckmann wants a part 3 focused on abby, i fear for the future of the franchise. Plus they never consider the majority of the detractors are actual fans of the first game and most of them, like me wasn't aware of the leaks

Thiletonomics

조 바이든 승리의 쌀.
kiwifarms.net
So Dr. Uckmann made an appearance on the TV show Face Off, as a guest judge for a Last of Us-themed competition:

45ziwxau79x61.jpg

This reeks of narcissism and overcompensating for people not liking the game.

Night Owl

How long have I waited...
kiwifarms.net
So Dr. Uckmann made an appearance on the TV show Face Off, as a guest judge for a Last of Us-themed competition:

This reeks of narcissism and overcompensating for people not liking the game.
That episode was in 2017.

And Face Off hasn't had a new season since 2018.