The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

madeinabyss31

kiwifarms.net
Cringe videos like this. "The first game was about hope!" - The Last of Us 2 looks like trash, but why does everyone ignore the ending of the first game is as much of a problem as what we are seeing here? It was barely even an ending and forced itself to have a sequel and completely destroyed the theme it was pushing throughout.

The ending was hardly uplifting or "hopeful". The little girl you were attempting to save spits in your face and tells you she wanted to die.

You know what Im actually looking forward to this game... because I have a feeling that this will be the beginning of the end fo the woke infiltration of western gaming

You would need an industry collapse for that to happen. Too many people will be writing this off as "It's not the politics that ruined it, just bad writing"

Heck, I just posted a video of a YouTuber saying this.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
But nobody wants that. Apparently.

well, the division did that.
but generally watching the day to day life of a community trying to get back on their feet is kinda boring. where's the DRAMA? where's the ACTION? although, a steel dawn eastenders could be kinda interesting (for all the wrong reasons).

however, where the whole post-apoc thing falls apart, especially when woke writers try fellate their own cleverness, is that they know fuck all how shit works (or would work) in a scenario like that, and that's what's causing the disconnect. might as well have flying humans (while there are reason to go on way or another, and there's nothing wrong with it, if you base your setting on hard realism it needs to be fucking realistic).

Maslow's_Hierarchy_of_Needs.jpg

The technique pioneered by the scumbags at Electronic Arts. Buy out a successful indy operation, then meddle in its operations and utterly fuck up the franchise they bought, then blame the poor mooks they bought and shut them down.

in EA's defense (I know I know) they're big. big company's are slow with a fuckload of management and bureaucracy. more often than not the issue is not them fucking up a franchise on purpose with executive meddling, but giving the unqualified people in charge more than enough rope to hang themselves. happened back with molyneux ("here's a wad of cash, no questions asked, make us another magic carpet"), romero with ion storm, levine with bioshock (that fucking dlc is literally taking your ball and going home after producing fuck all for 6 years) etc. it's not even down to "rockstar-devs" as single point of failure, just look at all the shenanigans of bioware/dice, that's not something that happens with tight company oversight. coincidentally you don't see any activision studio shitting up twitter with woke nonsense.

and sony is even bigger, so you can probably guess how that goes. just two words: sony pictures (and yes, they still give amy pascal money).

Lightning in a fucking bottle. You were given capital, industry talent and free fucking rein. And you fucked it up so bad that Naughty Dog would be lucky to break 10 mil. This is truly a monumental fuck up, and please, Neil, please, keep telling people not to buy it. That worked out really well for Dice, didn't it?

where did he say that? seem to have missed it in all the leaks (and don't really want to scour 60 pages). 🙏

Look, we're here to laugh at the fuckup Cuckman and him burning a beloved franchise to the ground and then destroyed by his own hubris in amazing fashion. Please, can we not console war? Or whatever the fuck?

to be fair, given the bomb it is discussing how it will affect the playstation brand is kinda related - last of us is one of sony's biggest titles after all (not necessarily in sales, but mindshare).

was about to reply to some posts, but I'll just condense it in here: the next console generation is new in that it isn't a hard reset. SeX will be back-compatible, PS5 too unless sony is beyond-saving retarded, so this needs to be considered discussing any effect it will have. (EDIT: it's all about platform now, hardly anyone is buying 2 consoles, even less subscribing to both ps+ and xbl and leaving behind the library they have accumulated. it also matters a lot what your friends play on, and there's a lot more playstations out there).

as I said before sony probably wanted to postpone it to salvage what they could till fall to push the ps5 launch, which the leaks just took a big dump on. if that's the case the druckman is in an even bigger world of hurt, shit like that goes way up to levels you only want to know your name positively.

Last edited:

Cardenio

#SlavaChargers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think you've put your finger on it: Cuckmann, and people like him, don't believe there is a disparity. That's why they're happy to see trannies compete in women's sport. I'll give them points for consistency at least.
They're not necessarily that out of touch with reality to think that men and women should compete against each other. Everyone sane is well aware that if we eliminated gender divisions in the Olympics then the only field women would have a remote shot in competing would be Figure Skating. And even then those male figure skaters would be able to pull off more demanding routines. Trans is a different can of worms that to this day the Olympics are navigating a minefield of controversy. Some of those shittier MMA circuits allowed that brute Fallon Fox to pummel women which was just a total disgrace.

It's more about setting the example that video games are not "sexist" because they put female characters in the sidelines. That these are ultimately all works of fantasy and there's no reason we shouldn't allow male characters to be on equal footing to women because otherwise you neglect a whole segment of the population. This leads to idiocy like DICE making a "WW2" game where you have female soldiers fighting alongside men. Which ended up being the first major failure in DICE's history of developing the Battlefield series.

It reminds me of when Anthony Burch responded to the question of why almost every character he wrote for in Borderlands 2 had to be either bisexual or gay, despite the fact that the LGBT is demographically a minority and always will be. In Burch's opinion it makes for a better society to have more LGBT featured in games. Logic and sensible storytelling be damned. Attached is Burch's insanity and Druckmann most likely agrees with the logic since they drink out the same progressive well and goddamn TLOU2 is just filled with Lesbian tonsil hockey.

Attachments

• 1412739090966.png
    1412739090966.png
    4 MB · Views: 300

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
You would need an industry collapse for that to happen. Too many people will be writing this off as "It's not the politics that ruined it, just bad writing"

eh, doesn't need to be the whole industry, it's simple corporate darwinism: if your shit doesn't sell you don't make money, so you either get taken over or go bankrupt and someone else fills the void, and since the world isn't 100% retarded (even if it looks like it if you check social media) there's still a chance someone high enough gets wind of it and gets rid of the rot - however that won't happen publicly, the closest you'll hear is schreier whining about "the poor industry getting hit again" when whole studios close and everybody's getting fired.

Which ended up being the first major failure in DICE's history of developing the Battlefield series.

*cough* battlefield 4. 3 if you want to be nitpicky.

Dang Woodchucks!

Starlight Kid is my oshi
kiwifarms.net
where did he say that? seem to have missed it in all the leaks (and don't really want to scour 60 pages). 🙏

Cuckmann posted a macro of that "legendary" Kurcobain chimp-out where he tells people not to buy his stuff if you're (paraphrasing) "anything that ends in -ist" on his Instagram (and keeps reposting it with obvious false-flag messages).27e.jpg

vertexwindi

That's for employing me for eight years!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We just got DMCA'd y'all.
>someone at sony actually went through my shitposts just to see if it needs to be dcma'd
Holy fuck this is the best timeline.

To help out, here's part of the final fight because fuck Sony:

Last edited:

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Cuckmann posted a macro of that "legendary" Kurcobain chimp-out where he tells people not to buy his stuff if you're (paraphrasing) "anything that ends in -ist" on his Instagram (and keeps reposting it with obvious false-flag messages).

thx. only saw the cobain pic itself, never the druckman post (or I'm too tarded).

The only to possibly redeem the game is to have this play during the final boss

nah, just have the moonman kkk song playing during the credits while a montage of joel getting beaten to death and ellie brutalized runs in slomo in the background. in black & white and slomo for that artistic cred and honesty.

EDIT for clarification from earlier:
Which ended up being the first major failure in DICE's history of developing the Battlefield series.
battlefield 4 was a bigger shitshow than V at launch on every level and took months to fix, fucked up EA's release schedule for a good while and required them to pour millions into post-launch support to get some goodwill back instead of simply releasing a premium pass with some half-assed dlc and a sequel 2 years later, to the point they had to give most of it out for free.
and even then dice pulled shit like the naval strike dlc.

battlefield 4 only became really playable after dice la took over (with a good helping of visceral who did hardline at the time, RIP), no one seems to remember what an utter failure it was at release. dice la/visceral also don't get enough credit, 60 tick servers? not with dice sweden, who even defended their stupid blue pissfilter as "artistic integrity" and became utterly butthurt after people modded it out. I think at some point they even said 60 ticks isn't technically possible or some nonsense, can't find it atm.

battlefield 3 depends on who you ask, there's certainly an influence of bc2 in there because EA was too retarded to have 2 separate battlefield lines, even when they tried to push medal of honor twice. it was also the time they catered hard to cod players while having questionable content that was a usually buggy (1 shot hitscan smoke grenades were fun tho for a while, but people don't really want instagib when playing battlefield) on an incredible stupid release schedule based on console certification to save money, meaning those bugs lingered for months on pc - if they were fixed to begin, bf3 got dropped hard for bf4.

it was also the time EA started to double dip with rented servers.

it's surprising bf1 turned out the way it did, even with the healthy dose of battlefront in there.

Last edited:

albert the programmer

In Memoriam Of Vangelis (1943-2022)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>Now after seeing this, I think I understand why.
You never played the first game, but you're gonna share your opinion on the second game?
Meant to clarify:
I played the original on the PS3 before I bought the remastered (I was one of those people who wanted to see the difference between the graphics during the gameplay – since this was around the time when people were caring more about story than gameplay)

If this type of writing is what we are going to get for the sequel, along with others talking about completely changing the story to appeal to a different type of audience, then maybe it might be a good choice to save my money.

CIA Nigger

Not a fed, just a random object on the street.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think the reason they're DMCAing this shit so hard is because it's being badly received outside of places like ResetEra, so they want people to forget about it. Big gamedevs tend to DMCA endings of AAA video games before the games come out or in some cases even content ID them Microsoft style. Usually either the ending leaks and people forget about the leaks or the ending is praised and it actually increases hype. In the case of something like Halo Reach, the ending was still seen as unique even when taken out of context. I mean how many other games have endings where it's a infinite fight that only ends when you die in game complete with your player character being involved?

Then there's this dumpster fire. It's more along the lines of something like NBA Elite 11 to the point where one viral video made EA can it and recall all copies, or when some guys got a early copy of that Sonic Boom game and did a playthrough that resulted in it showing how broken that game was. The screencap of the tranny ending has become a meme of the week that Sony can't contain with all the DMCAs and lawyers they wanted to, and killing off characters has pissed off fans of the first that still cared. Sony might as well just delay this game and rewrite the story, but you know they'll just release it later when you've forgotten about it and hope it sells.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Brutal
kiwifarms.net
I think the reason they're DMCAing this shit so hard is because it's being badly received outside of places like ResetEra, so they want people to forget about it. Big gamedevs tend to DMCA endings of AAA video games before the games come out or in some cases even content ID them Microsoft style. Usually either the ending leaks and people forget about the leaks or the ending is praised and it actually increases hype. In the case of something like Halo Reach, the ending was still seen as unique even when taken out of context. I mean how many other games have endings where it's a infinite fight that only ends when you die in game complete with your player character being involved?

Then there's this dumpster fire. It's more along the lines of something like NBA Elite 11 to the point where one viral video made EA can it and recall all copies, or when some guys got a early copy of that Sonic Boom game and did a playthrough that resulted in it showing how broken that game was. The screencap of the tranny ending has become a meme of the week that Sony can't contain with all the DMCAs and lawyers they wanted to, and killing off characters has pissed off fans of the first that still cared. Sony might as well just delay this game and rewrite the story, but you know they'll just release it later when you've forgotten about it and hope it sells.
Seems to me that Sony never heard of the Streisand Effect and didn't realize that by doing this, it's only gonna attract more attention to the leaks and how fucking awful the game's story is. There's already people complaining about getting their videos taken down that just talk about the leaks, not even showing them, just talking about them. That's only going to attract more attention to Sony in the long run. I don't know if staying quiet would have helped in this situation given how poorly received the leaks were, but their decisions are only making it worse.

Shield Breaker

Blabber Mouth
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Last I checked, ResetEra was upset about the violence and killing gays.

CIA Nigger

Not a fed, just a random object on the street.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Last I checked, ResetEra was upset about the violence and killing gays.
I just remember them whining about people leaking the game itself, but I wouldn't be surprised they were not thrilled with the ending either.