The Last of Us: Part 2 - This thread has been double-DMCA’d by Sony Interactive Entertainment

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She has everything but the appropriate voice for it: Has the body of a demi-god, seamlessly excels at everything, and was raised at a medical as well as militaristic environment (giving her a natural advantage against almost any other survivor.) It's like a fleshy terminator that is not deprived of the human instinct or intuition. There's absolutely no need to grant her a tragic story or anything. Go all dark with this character. Have the audience twinge and barf in disgust at someone so deranged as to pass for the devil without ever mistaken for an edgy Joker or a junked-up nihilist. Show the absolute worst of the human conditioning and how someone could perfectly incorporate such disturbing attributes into a healthy psyche, without seeking moral justifications to exculpate her actions.

If that would not, ahem, "subvert expectations", I dunno what would.

Make her bald, no hair at all, not even eyebrows, nearly white as a ghost, like not Caucasian but almost to the point of unearthy. Don't explain ANYTHING about her. She's a force of fucking nature. She is the primal definition of selfishness, human survival and manipulation. Have her chase Ellie and Joel across the game, tormenting them. Killing their friends in brutal and horrific ways. Just absolutely heinous shit. When they ask her why, she just smiles.

At the end of the game, they think they manage to escape, with only Joel, Ellie and Ellie's love interest surviving. Some zombies attack and they get separated. You think she's ok, but out of the darkness, 'Judge' grabs her mouth and they both disappear into the darkness of the forest, just a stone's throw away from Joel and Ellie. Later a group of survivors find they body and are disgusted and horrified by what they see, but you don't show it or describe it.

The last scene is Joel and Ellie trying to confront her, but they're horrified at the sight of her naked, alone and dancing in front of a fire, claiming she's the devil and she will never die. Joel covers Ellie's mouth and they quietly sink away in the darkness.

If you want to rip something off, rip off the best living American Author, you chuckle fucks. Also everyone read Blood Meridian, you philistines.

Archived, because I like Critical Drinker

> The whole thing was written by a straight white man who sexualizes teenage lesbians and got his job forcing a more talented woman out.

It always is, isn't it?

EDIT:
Fuck, now I want a Blood Meridian horror game. Which I will never have. You made me sad.

QuokkaCaptain

The happiest of all the marsupials
kiwifarms.net
lol, still don't give a fuck. Joel > Random NPC You are FORCED TO KILL.

Druckman fundamentally misunderstands this. You are FORCED to do this. You don't have a choice. Why would we get upset over something we had no control over? There's no emotional resonance here. You're forced to do it because the narrative requires it.

The lie is the hook for the second game, not this stupid shit. A normal person would think 'Why wouldn't he do that?'

Random NPC, by the way, who was willing and about to cut into the skull of a very living young girl, one who the player has been bonding with over the course of the game.

I mean, independent of the fact that this is a video game and you don't have a choice, the emotional conflict is Joel deciding whether or not Ellie is worth being sacrificed for a world that's fucked and dystopian, with a lot of shitty people left in it. The emotional conflict is "possibly saving thousands of people" versus "losing this girl I love like a daughter". The conflict is in the larger choice of "save the world or save one person".

The conflict is not in putting a slug in the head of an NPC doctor who is about to kill Ellie. We don't know him, and in the eyes of (most) players, Ellie's continued life and safety outweighs his.

It is not difficult to understand why Joel would kill a bunch of Fireflies to save Ellie. We spend the whole game watching a relationship develop between the two of them.

There's an art to making someone feel bad about the things they are forced to do in a video game. Killing some rando NPC to save a major character you've been bonding with until now is not it.

SolidZone 26

My name is Aaron Wing Li
kiwifarms.net
For the record, I don't "name the Jew" lightly.

But you have to understand, I wanted to give Druckmann the benefit of the doubt, I wanted to believe TLOU2 would be great and instead we get just about the clearest middle finger from SJW media yet.

It can only happen so many times before enough is enough and you start asking difficult questions.
Sony has been pushing this SJW agenda for a while though.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So Ive finally decided to bite the bullet and play TLOU. So far my impressions are similar to my opinions of Ocarina of Time and Half Life 2. Well made really fucking good but highly overrated
That’s typically what happens when you’re late to the party on playing a big game like that. The buildup is almost impossible to live up to.

madeinabyss31

kiwifarms.net
Random NPC, by the way, who was willing and about to cut into the skull of a very living young girl, one who the player has been bonding with over the course of the game.

I mean, independent of the fact that this is a video game and you don't have a choice, the emotional conflict is Joel deciding whether or not Ellie is worth being sacrificed for a world that's fucked and dystopian, with a lot of shitty people left in it. The emotional conflict is "possibly saving thousands of people" versus "losing this girl I love like a daughter". The conflict is in the larger choice of "save the world or save one person".

The conflict is not in putting a slug in the head of an NPC doctor who is about to kill Ellie. We don't know him, and in the eyes of (most) players, Ellie's continued life and safety outweighs his.

It is not difficult to understand why Joel would kill a bunch of Fireflies to save Ellie. We spend the whole game watching a relationship develop between the two of them.

There's an art to making someone feel bad about the things they are forced to do in a video game. Killing some rando NPC to save a major character you've been bonding with until now is not it.

To be fair, Druckmann wasn't the one who started this. The supposed "moral gray area" of this started at the end of the The Last of Us. I still stand by what I said earlier in this thread, the ending of The Last of Us put itself in the corner in terms of story while also pushing itself towards needing a sequel.

While Druckmann took the story in the worst possible direction, I'm not entirely sure there was any great route to go with this in a sequel. The reveal in those final minutes just ruined the game for me that was really only above average to begin with, then the DLC came along and it just got worse.

Boobie Bomb

kiwifarms.net
download - 2020-05-01T201020.241.png

The fuck is this nigga talking about? People have made videos about the Sony investigation and they are calling bullshit on Sony's part. Holy shit! How dense can this nigga be? Stay salty, Sony Ponies.

AmHole

Am Many Holes Ed Boy
kiwifarms.net
Sony might as well pull an ET, count their losses, and find a nice landfill for all the unsold copies of this game. That or package them alongside a specially marked box of All Together Cereal, now with more inclusivity.

Turning-purple-with-pride-Kellogg-stands-against-anti-bullying-with-limited-edition-All-Togeth...jpg

ShortBusDriver

kiwifarms.net
Even so, people mostly were complaining that main character doesn’t fit the history settings, and most likely would be fine with female lead if it was based on real female army companies, which were a thing in ww2. And telling a story of war from the perspective of women soldiers/snipers/etc is an interesting idea which would be more respectful to actual women who went through war.
But it’s way easier to think the problem is in sexism/homophobia, and that people who doesn’t want to buy your product are bad just because they realized that that’s not something they want to pay for.
Battlefield V was specifically England vs. Germany neither of which fielded female troops.

Of course then there was the expansion in the pacific theater where a black soldier would even be less likely because the Marines didn't intergrate until the 1950s

Keystone

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My two dumb shitposts pissed them off enough to be in that DMCA Null got :story:

View attachment 1263198

Well that just looks like a zombie with a little bit of fungus on it.
View attachment 1263239
„...I‘m Redfield.“

Press X to dilate
Well that special edition comes with an Ellie figure and a steelbook with ellie's face that the fans should like enough to spend the extra money for. Then the story they tell just shits on everything about her lol.

Druckman thinks he's George RR Martin or what?

Edit: ummmm, so was pointed out to me. That book Abby has is City of Thieves. Written by David fucking Benioff.

View attachment 1263251
Literally just a bigger version of Ellie, but better at everything with no flaws at all. She even has no problems getting guys and all that. How was her life "ruined" again?
View attachment 1263236
I'm genuinely confused right now.... Why is Dexter Morgan in this game now?

View attachment 1263480 View attachment 1263481
"The Last of Us has always had great writing and exposition"
View attachment 1263488
This is what a true and honest woman looks like according to Neil Druckmann
View attachment 1263492
For the record, here is what muscular women look like:

View attachment 1264067
Note the large arms but small torso and upper body with small hands. Curves are still visible. Female body-builders are a thing and definitely look more freakishly jacked than that but this is after years of hard training and muscle-building--things that would not be present in an apocalyptic world.

Here's Abby for reference.

View attachment 1264079View attachment 1264080

Flat chest, complete lack of curves, large upper torso, broad shoulders attached to jacked man arms, large male hands, thick legs and wide body.

This thing is a troon. There is no feasible way it is not.

A_throwaway_name62919

kiwifarms.net
For as much of a shitshow as Bethesda's been these past few years, I don't think I've ever seen a company have this much of their game leak over such a short period of time, and with new information coming in such frequent bursts from the same leaker no less. Actually, scratch that: never before have I seen any piece of media this massive have its source code/main footage leak...well, ever, really.

Yeah, this is highly unusual in terms of leaks. For a bit of a comparison of leaks, I think it bears mentioning that the ending cinematic to Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm was leaked back in December of 2010. That expansion to SC2 was ultimately released in March of 2013. The leak did not cause much of a stir. Here's a copy the video itself:

It was clearly an early draft video. Voiced by the voice actors, but with animation that was crude and incomplete. Blizzards response was to tell one of the first sites reporting on it to take it down, and tell another site reporting on it slightly later that they did not comment on rumors or speculation. After that they also ceased attempts to get it taken down as far as I can tell. Fans for their part largely ignored it. Some didn't care as they were only interested in the multiplayer gameplay. Some assumed it was a hoax, despite obviously being voiced by the actual VAs. Some figured that it was a scrapped ending or at least a draft that was expected to change. So despite having corny dialogue and two really dumb plot points, it raised no real outcry. When HotS did finally come out, the ending cinematic was substantially the same:

They more or less fixed the two really dumb plot points, but the corny dialogue and the general gist of the cinematic was the same. They didn't even bother fixing one line that no longer really made sense after fixing the first plothole. So if the final cinematic had been what was leaked instead, I doubt much would have changed. At the end of the day, the basics of the cinematic - two heroes killing the villain before one of them leaves to hunt down a future villain - was something people would have been expecting.

So that's what it looks like when an important cinematic leaks, and it isn't actually a big deal. It even had an easily traceable source in that it clearly came from a production company that Blizzard contracted for their cinematic work. People didn't care either because they were only interested in the gameplay, or because nothing was so egregious that it didn't warrant the benefit of the doubt. The company mostly managed to keep from overreacting.

When you compare that to what has been going on with this leak and Naughty Dog and Sony, you've really got to wonder how the fuck the TLOU2 leaker got so much of the nearly finished game, and why they were sufficiently incentivized to leak it. While Sony/ND's reponse is clearly them blatantly panicking for fear that people knowing the plot will cause them to not buy the game.

Atomsk

Leader Of The Sussy Squad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The first game was fucking garbage, I'm glad that both the 2 MC's from the last game and this entire franchise is getting destroyed.
What do you get when you stop making more cartoony games that are actually fun for cinematic, photo-realistic shit that has a boring, pseud-intellectual story and plays like trash? You get what you fucking deserve.