The Life Upgrade Lives On (Chris back on PS3)

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlson

kiwifarms.net
_blank_ said:
Batman said:
Did you expect any less?

Sadly, no. I'm not saying I relish Chris suffering or anything, but autism or no, I would have at least hoped something might click in Chris' head and he'd say "Hey, thing's are fucked up now. House is gone and we're homeless. Mom is sick and she needs me. Maybe I should put in some effort and pitch in, and not play vidya until 4 n the morning and sleep in through most of the day." But that's Chris for ya.

It might be a coping method of sorts. Chris has never dealt with real tragedy until recently with the death of his father, his arrest, and now the house fire. I don't think it's a matter of not caring or being too stupid or insane to understand as much as it is Chris trying to forget everything that's going on by retreating into his hugbox. If he pretends that his life is still normal, maybe he hopes that it can BE normal.

Zim

Facebook District Manager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
_blank_ said:
Batman said:
Did you expect any less?

Sadly, no. I'm not saying I relish Chris suffering or anything, but autism or no, I would have at least hoped something might click in Chris' head and he'd say "Hey, thing's are fucked up now. House is gone and we're homeless. Mom is sick and she needs me. Maybe I should put in some effort and pitch in, and not play vidya until 4 n the morning and sleep in through most of the day." But that's Chris for ya.

Chris only "changes" if he's dragged kicking and screaming due to some sort of outside force. Even then he reverts to what's most convenient for him unless said outside force continues. Homeless or not these are two people who will just lump around and collect their sweet sweet :tugboat: . They still have food, shelter, and vidya so really only the location and influx of donations have changed. Everything else is the same.

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
soooo the nuzlocke was a bust?

Solid Snake

kiwifarms.net
Well it's good to know that Chris has his PStriple to distract him from the crippling depression and his mother. Chris-chan never changes.

Coldgrip

Agreed upon laws of the wild
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Solid Snake said:
Well it's good to know that Chris has his PStriple to distract him from the crippling depression and his mother. Our Pet Lolcow never changes can't change.
Fixed that for you.

DrChristianTroy

kiwifarms.net
Batman said:
Jewelsmakerguy said:
Spork said:
Until we have the fire report (or a picture of the school, or a more descriptive report from Chris), we're not going to be able to figure out how severe the damage to Chris's room was.

We are talking about Chris after all. For all we know, we may never find out.

No, we'll find out. He loves to tell all, especially if there's china involved.
He also overexaggerates to make himself a victim. If we find out we still might not know the extent, or lack, of the damage.

Sauce

unrepentant priveledged white cis hetero scum
kiwifarms.net
As usual, Chris has shitty taste in games...and well, pretty much everything else. :briefs:

Also, if he's still sleeping all day and playing vidya at night I doubt he's been much help in the aftermath of the fire, despite what was said on Facebook.

4Macie

The Cow Dullahan
kiwifarms.net
Don't worry, even if he has his PS3 on and running, he'll be back to his 3DS cuz Pokemon X and Y has stated on facebook and twitter that the PokeBank is open and available for everyone in the NA region.... Chris can now have all the pokemon he's ever caught in one handheld device... oh wait, did the fire destroy them????

milkshark

Subtle Internet Blurb
kiwifarms.net
4Macie said:
Don't worry, even if he has his PS3 on and running, he'll be back to his 3DS cuz Pokemon X and Y has stated on facebook and twitter that the PokeBank is open and available for everyone in the NA region.... Chris can now have all the pokemon he's ever caught in one handheld device... oh wait, did the fire destroy them????

If the Lego High School survived with a little melting, it's possible his Pok'emon cartridges made it out playable. Even if he did lose them, this is Chris. He'll rebuy the old games and earn back all his critters in no time.

Tubular Monkey

Very much Greatly extroverted
kiwifarms.net
I understand getting hooked on Pokyman for awhile, but 15+ years? Is the compulsion to button mash and hoard really that strong?

DrChristianTroy

kiwifarms.net
Tubular Monkey said:
I understand getting hooked on Pokyman for awhile, but 15+ years? Is the compulsion to button mash and hoard really that strong?
He's a fan of the series. We've seen regular people love the game (see fellow board members) so I don't see why it grabbing Chris as a big deal.

Also it's a sperg magnet as Batman said.

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Batman said:
DrChristianTroy said:
Also it's a sperg magnet as Batman said.

Well, that's not quite how I said it.

In any case, I wonder if Chris will throw a fit and refuse to play any Pokemon once he finds out the creator has Asperger Syndrome.

I forget where he said it, but he is aware and doesn't care.

Right Back Man

kiwifarms.net
I find it odd how Christopher doesn't seem to be the least bit concerned about the fire. He must be like "Well, my palace of autism. Better e-beg and play vidya!"

At least he reacted better than [attention whore] who just sat there arguing with a troll and sending his copy-paste condolences to Christopher.

Oh, what should we make of this?

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Right Back Man said:
I find it odd how Christopher doesn't seem to be the least bit concerned about the fire. He must be like "Well, my palace of autism. Better e-beg and play vidya!"

At least he reacted better than [attention whore] who just sat there arguing with a troll and sending his copy-paste condolences to Christopher.

Oh, what should we make of this?

Chris's living situation sucked before the fire. He apparently couldn't play his PS3 too much because of Barb and was limited to mobile devices so his video game collection was already effectively limited before any potential damage. Now he gets to play DS in a clean (for now) rental home as he functions under whatever his assumptions are regarding how insurance works.

He didn't really beg. He asked for help. What he asked for wasn't unreasonable. That attitude could change the moment the donations stop and any expectations he has regarding insurance aren't met.

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay, I was cool with him going to see the LEGO movie. We all need time to relax and unwind, right?

Somehow though, spending $50 the following day to buy the tie-in videogame however; especially when I would think now would be a good time to be evaluating ones life after your house was gutted by fire... that doesn't quite seem responsible. Then again, it's typical Chris.

LEGOMOVIE-CASHGRAB_zpsc3339618.jpg

Still waiting to see any PS4 games pop-up. All a matter of time...

Arkangel

Computer Science and Computer Violence
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm disappointed, but not surprised that Chris bought this game. $50 dollars could have bought Chris some much better things (food, clothing, etc) in his current situation.

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If he plays it for hours non-stop then I think we can assume he has his own room and TV at the new place.. in which case the house catching on fire is the best thing to happen to him in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.