Infected The Magical Girl fandom -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, it should be pointed out that a ton of these Tumblrinas constantly shriek about wanting more representation and diversity in magical girl anime... seemingly forgetting that these shows are created for a Japanese audience by Japanese people. Japan is an extremely homogeneous society; you're not going to find nearly as much diversity over there as you will in America. People also claim that magical girl anime lacks people of color, ignoring the fact that the Japanese are considered POC.

In other words, they force extremely Western viewpoints onto non-Western shows and demand that they conform to what they want. For the record, as a whole the anime industry ignores Westerners and exclusively focuses on a Japanese audience because that's where the money comes from.

tumblr_muwdriy4B91r25rhdo1_500.png
tumblr_nphk4st3lg1r25rhdo1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_nqrkobJBot1sswfbao2_r1_1280.png
tumblr_n4b01gNrjs1sswfbao1_1280.png
tumblr_nhkiwtv9Ql1r25rhdo1_500.png

Operator Kyoko Sakura

Magical Operator Operating Operationally
kiwifarms.net
Don't magical girl animes often have a lot of underage panty shots? Do the SJWs not find that problematic, but really these days it's just a crapshoot as to what they'll claim is problomatic next
Not all the time, there are quite a few aimed towards small children, so they try to tone it down a bit on the fanservice.

Oh the other hand, some magical girl animes will have it, but usually they're the ones considered "darker" and "more mature".

Le Bateleur

Major Arcana
kiwifarms.net
Also, it should be pointed out that a ton of these Tumblrinas constantly shriek about wanting more representation and diversity in magical girl anime... seemingly forgetting that these shows are created for a Japanese audience by Japanese people. Japan is an extremely homogeneous society; you're not going to find nearly as much diversity over there as you will in America. People also claim that magical girl anime lacks people of color, ignoring the fact that the Japanese are considered POC.

In other words, they force extremely Western viewpoints onto non-Western shows and demand that they conform to what they want. For the record, as a whole the anime industry ignores Westerners and exclusively focuses on a Japanese audience because that's where the money comes from.

Why would anyone with significant magical powers not be able to make themselves slim and attractive? Loltumblr.

Operator Kyoko Sakura

Magical Operator Operating Operationally
kiwifarms.net

Good gawd, when will tumblr realize the whole world doesn't consist of America and that in Japan, they're not really interested if a character is autistic, trans, or some other flavored special snowflake.

c-no

I Love Me Some White Sauce
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No Japanese person wants that. The bread and butter of the Japanese market is waifu having otaku who don't care.
Yeah, the otaku's that want to make Sailor Moon/whatever other magical girl their waifu, down to buying plastic crap and body pillows plastered with their image. It would no doubt piss off western fans of Magical Girls since they'd say it's violating their safe-space, even though these things would no doubt be confined to Japan unless they were imported.

Good gawd, when will tumblr realize the whole world doesn't consist of America and that in Japan, they're not really interested if a character is autistic, trans, or some other flavored special snowflake.
They might never realize it. All the tumblr nuts of the Magical Girl Fandom want to do is complain and be pandered to. What @Cosmos said about them wanting some Japanese cartoon made for a Japanese audience cater to them really does come off as a sort of imperialism. Since one of the images said there are dark skinned Japanese, one would ask how much are they in terms of percentage? Even then, how many may just be people trying to follow some fad like ganguro?

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
The sad thing is that Japan still has racists (mainly from the older generation) that think black people are inferior. For a long time that shadow was looming so there was less of a market for dark-skinned characters. It's going to be a while until we get as big of a diversity there as it is in the states.

Speaking of that one comment about magical boys, there is a webcomic that answers the concept.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
The guy in the black coat's expression is priceless :story:

I honestly didn't know the magical girl fandom attracted so much drama and SJWs.

I thought the worst thing about the fandom was yuri, lolicon, and creepy fat guys drooling over their waifu or some shit.
And they're starting to seem like the least annoying.

Problematic Kawaii

Nohr, the Path of Tiddy
kiwifarms.net
Don't magical girl animes often have a lot of underage panty shots? Do the SJWs not find that problematic, but really these days it's just a crapshoot as to what they'll claim is problomatic next

They're either edited out or most SJW fans scream about it, but keep watching it because muh female leads. Seriously, they excuse so much shit with magical girl shows.

Mostly white Westerners demanding shit from the Japanese is always funny and racist.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
They're either edited out or most SJW fans scream about it, but keep watching it because muh female leads. Seriously, they excuse so much shit with magical girl shows.

Mostly white Westerners demanding shit from the Japanese is always funny and racist.
Thank God, the Japanese just laugh at these people and ignore them.

skeletonfucker

professional boner
kiwifarms.net
Also, it should be pointed out that a ton of these Tumblrinas constantly shriek about wanting more representation and diversity in magical girl anime... seemingly forgetting that these shows are created for a Japanese audience by Japanese people.
Most of the people that I know who like magical girls are from tumblr, and I've found that most of the fans on tumblr are kin of said magical girls, and get into fights over them. Nothing's immune from the tumblr crazy it seems.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember this one Sailor Moon forums site. It was pretty chill and had a diverse userbase of both guys and girls who liked the franchise and also talked about a wide variety of topics. It closed down about 10 years ago.

Now we have tumblr articles.

Last edited:

Gazelle_Bro

LETS CLEAR THIS WITH NO CONTINUES
kiwifarms.net
wizard-24.jpg

I just don't understand to be honest. Can't people just enjoy a show and be a fan of it? Why do they always go full autism on it? I like magical girl anime. It's cute and fun in my dull life. I didn't even know that magical girl shit even warranted a thread, but then again Tumblr does usually ruin everything.

DonutSluts

kiwifarms.net
The immense hatred of anything hetero reminds me of this one post on tumblr I had the misfortune on running into once by an artist who seems to have some sort of massive hate boner for anything male. Pretty much all of their terrible "art" basically consists of male characters in anime being violently killed by girls the artist ships. The best part is that usually with each picture they have these massive wall of texts sperging about how much they hate anything that could possibly hint at heterosexuality and how Precure is ruined forever.

(terrible guro photoshop warning)
https://archive.md/uFBju

And then there's this nonsense.

(terrible guro in general warning)
https://archive.md/s9XXI

I was going to call this art not that bad, but then I realized that a lot of this art is probably ripped off from Mortal Kombat brutalities. I honestly don't know what to think about this individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.