Culture The making of a YouTube radical - YouTube algorithms, the IDW and BreadTubers

How likely and/or credible is this story?

• This is 100% true and anyone who questions it is an alt-right neo-Nazi white supremacist

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • This is 100% bullshit and anyone who seriously believes any of this is a fucking exceptional individ

Votes: 33 27.5%
  • I don't know/I'm not sure

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Nice shilling for "BreadTube" there, NYT

Votes: 22 18.3%
  • I love the strong undercurrent of "right-wing bad, left-wing good" here

Votes: 14 11.7%
  • Is the mainstream news media even trying to hide their left-wing biases anymore?

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • Some parts of this article are true, others are false

Votes: 7 5.8%

• Total voters

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it's called Hollywood.

Not joking. Do some study on cinematography. There's an entire industry devoted to getting the audience to experience the right emotion at the right time. So they have it down to a science, the camera angles, the lighting, what's in focus, what's out of focus, the surroundings in frame, the very sequence of images to induce the emotion they want in the audience.

(That's what makes bad movies so much fun. They're either incompetent or rushed, so they can't pull off their emotional goals. This leads to the laughter in the audience because the conscious mind can see what the emotion is supposed to be but the film failed to convey.)

The media knows how to use that process.
It's probably why sociopaths are so successful at being in the film industry, because they know just the way to act, or just the way to frame and organize a shot to invoke maximum emotional response.

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net
It's probably why sociopaths are so successful at being in the film industry, because they know just the way to act, or just the way to frame and organize a shot to invoke maximum emotional response.
A question for philosophers. Are sociopaths attracted to the machine, or does working in an emotion machine train one to become a sociopath?

Journalists on the other hand, we know have messiah complexes.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
so how many "sad lonely white male turns to the only people who will listen to him" articles are there?

and these people still think "if i shit on sad lonely white males all the problems will go away?"
There was some interview with Jordan Peterson Kermit Hitler a year or two back where the interviewer started out by identifying him as a figure that straight white males looked up to and magnetized toward and asked what he thought of that. He responded that he used to make an effort to deny that only FWMs liked him by pointing out that his audience had a good deal of diversity, but he got fed up arguing the point because doing so legitimized the socjus assumption that straight white males shouldn't ever have any role models or anyone else to look up to or help them feel good about themselves. What is supposedly so wrong with white males finding hope for growth and success somewhere, he asked? Everyone else gets to celebrate their confidence and overcoming adversity.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
In reality, YouTube has been a godsend for hyper-partisans on all sides. It has allowed them to bypass traditional gatekeepers and broadcast their views to mainstream audiences, and has helped once-obscure commentators build lucrative media businesses.
Ever notice the main people mad about this fact are in fact those very same gatekeepers? Sure gets your noggin a joggin.

HeyYou

seriousposter
kiwifarms.net
We've seen this article four billion times, why don't you do an article on BreadTube (especially Contra) using the same "bro it's irony" defense when they say shit like "eat the rich" and "overthrow the government", and the absolute shitholes that are left wing subreddits like Chapo, BreadTube, FullCommunism, etc?

Reactions: Flexo

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
I read earlier that despite Difranco asked to be removed from the collage in the web version, he still showed up in the printed issue. Well, Phill, what did you expect? He actually thought it would be easy to get away from the stigma that has been put on him? That he only needed a few polite words? LOL. Most people there are right wingers but not alt-right and no matter how much they've been asking, demanding, and even begging to not being called alt-right, progressive media doesn't give a shit. Why did he even think this wouldn't happen to him? You're fucked, just like everybody else.

See, I don't want to sound like I wanna force my politics on others, but people like him or Laci Green could claim to be "centrist" and objective but they aren't. They still believe all that progressive crap that is around without realising it's crap. I'm not talking about having social awareness, that's fine. You wanna fight racism? That's fine. Good for you. That ain't the problem, the problem is that they still have this very basic mindset around how words are violence, that political correctness is right, that there are minorities that are IN LITERALLY MORTAL DANGER if someone uses a slur, and that there is nothing wrong with transgenders because transwomen are women. They buy that crap and they spread it around. It's as bad as the "alt-right" sperging about IQ and DNA without properly understanding the words they're saying. Both groups are actually spreading misinformation and anti-science based on their feelings. Yes, poor Difranco who was sucked into this mess, but he's also part of the problem and not just because he's bland, but beacuse he's willingly ignorant.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I read earlier that despite Difranco asked to be removed from the collage in the web version, he still showed up in the printed issue. Well, Phill, what did you expect? He actually thought it would be easy to get away from the stigma that has been put on him? That he only needed a few polite words? LOL. Most people there are right wingers but not alt-right and no matter how much they've been asking, demanding, and even begging to not being called alt-right, progressive media doesn't give a shit. Why did he even think this wouldn't happen to him? You're fucked, just like everybody else.

See, I don't want to sound like I wanna force my politics on others, but people like him or Laci Green could claim to be "centrist" and objective but they aren't. They still believe all that progressive crap that is around without realising it's crap. I'm not talking about having social awareness, that's fine. You wanna fight racism? That's fine. Good for you. That ain't the problem, the problem is that they still have this very basic mindset around how words are violence, that political correctness is right, that there are minorities that are IN LITERALLY MORTAL DANGER if someone uses a slur, and that there is nothing wrong with transgenders because transwomen are women. They buy that crap and they spread it around. It's as bad as the "alt-right" sperging about IQ and DNA without properly understanding the words they're saying. Both groups are actually spreading misinformation and anti-science based on their feelings. Yes, poor Difranco who was sucked into this mess, but he's also part of the problem and not just because he's bland, but beacuse he's willingly ignorant.
I honestly don't know enough about defranco or Laci Green to judge for myself that they are these things, but I know a lot of people are like this so I can at least say you're correct about the problem.

Sonork

kiwifarms.net
Here is his old twitter account. Doesn't seem very active for someone who was drawn into the alt-right nazi dark web.

Edit: Something about his story smells like bullshit. He says he went down the rabbit hole in 2014, he didn't join twitter until 2015, and the first people he followed on twitter was Athene's crew from world of warcraft, not the people like stefan molyneux, or ben shapiro who he claims to have been binge watching in 2015.
1b53n643m57.png

Here is a snip from the NYT article about him. He was allegedly watching stefan molyneux on october 4th 2015
caleb 2.png

But he wasn't following stefan molyneux on twitter and this was what he was tweeting about in october 2015

caleb 1.png

Last edited:

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
I honestly don't know enough about defranco or Laci Green to judge for myself that they are these things, but I know a lot of people are like this so I can at least say you're correct about the problem.
The last big sperg we allegedly had from Laci was when Trump was elected. Soon after that, everybody claimed she'd been "redpilled" after she said she'd be open to other people's ideas. Guess what? She kept sperging about opression.

The thing about being "open to new ideas" is that you have to accept the fact that you could be wrong and the things you believe are wrong. Feminism, the ideology Laci Green supports, says that women live under a system of oppression in which men have all the benefits and opportunities while women are left behind. You're free to believe this, but if you are "open to ideas", you're gonna be exposed to most accurate science debunking this and will discover that any so-called oppression women suffer has a male equivalent, so such system does not exist. After Laci had debates and said she would listen to the other sides, she still is a feminist. She still believes in Social Justice, Feminism, that women will lieterally be like the Handmaid's Tale if abortion is abolished, that Trump hates Muslims, and all that nonsense. She hasn't changed, she just doesn't want everybody who isn't a liberal to be dead but she still believes they're very wrong and she's right while conservatives and right wingers are nothing but mean propagandists who want to put her on a burka.

123.png

And she's also a degenerate ho.

whore.png

So, yeah. It's hard to feel sorry for her or Difranco. It's funny thatsomeone like Difranco, who is a lowkey SJW was involved on this, but it's quite obvious he believes many of the people also mentioned in the article are alt-righters who deserved it. It's funny because many people would now think the same about him.

Iceland Heavy

kiwifarms.net
We've seen this article four billion times, why don't you do an article on BreadTube (especially Contra) using the same "bro it's irony" defense when they say shit like "eat the rich" and "overthrow the government", and the absolute shitholes that are left wing subreddits like Chapo, BreadTube, FullCommunism, etc?
All these articles are already shamelessly shilling Breadtubers as the brave resistance fighting against the youtube alt-right media complex. This one even went out of its way to suck off Contra and fucking Destiny.

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net
The last big sperg we allegedly had from Laci was when Trump was elected. Soon after that, everybody claimed she'd been "redpilled" after she said she'd be open to other people's ideas. Guess what? She kept sperging about opression.

The thing about being "open to new ideas" is that you have to accept the fact that you could be wrong and the things you believe are wrong.
Thomas Sowell called it the difference between the "constrained" and "unconstrained" visions of humanity. It's basically a dividing fundamental assumption to a worldview that divides right and left. So in your examples, while DeFranco & Laci may have some agreements with right-wingers nowadays, at their heart they are still operating from the unconstrained vision.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: spiritofamermaid

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net

The thing about being "open to new ideas" is that you have to accept the fact that you could be wrong and the things you believe are wrong. Feminism, the ideology Laci Green supports, says that women live under a system of oppression in which men have all the benefits and opportunities while women are left behind. You're free to believe this, but if you are "open to ideas", you're gonna be exposed to most accurate science debunking this and will discover that any so-called oppression women suffer has a male equivalent, so such system does not exist. After Laci had debates and said she would listen to the other sides, she still is a feminist. She still believes in Social Justice, Feminism, that women will lieterally be like the Handmaid's Tale if abortion is abolished, that Trump hates Muslims, and all that nonsense. She hasn't changed, she just doesn't want everybody who isn't a liberal to be dead but she still believes they're very wrong and she's right while conservatives and right wingers are nothing but mean propagandists who want to put her on a burka.

View attachment 793239

And she's also a degenerate ho.

View attachment 793235

So, yeah. It's hard to feel sorry for her or Difranco. It's funny thatsomeone like Difranco, who is a lowkey SJW was involved on this, but it's quite obvious he believes many of the people also mentioned in the article are alt-righters who deserved it. It's funny because many people would now think the same about him.
I see some of what you're saying, but it also seems like you're saying that if somebody is open to new ideas and is listening in good faith there's no way they could come out of it not being a conservative/right-winger?

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
I see some of what you're saying, but it also seems like you're saying that if somebody is open to new ideas and is listening in good faith there's no way they could come out of it not being a conservative/right-winger?
You can be a liberal while still not believing in feminism or social justice. I know a few of those. An actual liberal, I mean.

Like I said, people should be free to believe whatever they want, but we cannot deny that some beliefs are already outdated and believing them makes you quite dumb, like Communism.

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
You can be a liberal while still not believing in feminism or social justice. I know a few of those. An actual liberal, I mean.

Like I said, people should be free to believe whatever they want, but we cannot deny that some beliefs are already outdated and believing them makes you quite dumb, like Communism.
According to the definition, pretty much anyone outside of radicals should be a liberal.

Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed, and equality before the law.[1][2][3]

If you read what the definition of conservatism is, it doesn't fly in the face of liberalism at all, and you could be a conservative liberal.

Conservatism is a political and social philosophy promoting traditional social institutions in the context of culture and civilization. The central tenets of conservatism include tradition, human imperfection, organic society, hierarchy, authority, and property rights.

As soon as you move into the extremes, is when you need authoritarianism to force people to accept your point of view.

It's really social politics that rub people the wrong way.

Left-wing politics supports social equality and egalitarianism, often in opposition to social hierarchy.[1][2][3][4]

Right-wing politics hold that certain social orders and hierarchies are inevitable, natural, normal, or desirable,[1][2][3]

Left wing politics proposes you can enforce, legislate and control humanities natural inclinations towards social hierarchies and group identities. But at the same time they will hold it against you that you don't believe that's a good way to do things, and punish you for it. Breaking their own egalitarian rules themselves.

So it's perfectly possible to be a Right Wing Liberal Conservative.

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking

DanteAlighieri

Anti authoritarian asshole asshole
kiwifarms.net
According to the definition, pretty much anyone outside of radicals should be a liberal.

Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed, and equality before the law.[1][2][3]

If you read what the definition of conservatism is, it doesn't fly in the face of liberalism at all, and you could be a conservative liberal.

Conservatism is a political and social philosophy promoting traditional social institutions in the context of culture and civilization. The central tenets of conservatism include tradition, human imperfection, organic society, hierarchy, authority, and property rights.

As soon as you move into the extremes, is when you need authoritarianism to force people to accept your point of view.

It's really social politics that rub people the wrong way.

Left-wing politics supports social equality and egalitarianism, often in opposition to social hierarchy.[1][2][3][4]

Right-wing politics hold that certain social orders and hierarchies are inevitable, natural, normal, or desirable,[1][2][3]

Left wing politics proposes you can enforce, legislate and control humanities natural inclinations towards social hierarchies and group identities. But at the same time they will hold it against you that you don't believe that's a good way to do things, and punish you for it. Breaking their own egalitarian rules themselves.

So it's perfectly possible to be a Right Wing Liberal Conservative.
That's why these words are essentially meaningless when talking about politics, and why it's so hard to come to common terms in discussions which leads to misunderstandings and talking past each other. We need a different scale/spectrum, with more solid terms that leave less room for confusion.

• Feels
That's why these words are essentially meaningless when talking about politics, and why it's so hard to come to common terms in discussions which leads to misunderstandings and talking past each other. We need a different scale/spectrum, with more solid terms that leave less room for confusion.
The compass is a major upgrade over the left/right line but still their is room for improvement

• Agree
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino