• ”Life is a cartoon; we are all the characters of the larger; the cartoons we make are part of our own universe; we're all a reality cartoon.”

the merits of throwing quarters at the monkey to make him dance

Discussion in 'Phil Burnell / DarkSydePhil' started by Commander Keen, Oct 25, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over DSP. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Limit discussion of body parts and functions. DSP is gross. Discussing his gout in detail is unnecessary and disturbing.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.
  • Write descriptive topic titles. "[14-Sep-2015] Livestreaming Sonic 2006" is better than "new update".

no one can help you

1. Alright, hotshot. Then make a thread for discussing the merits of throwing quarters at the monkey to make him dance. You’re great at making threads, should be a piece of cake.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Commander Keen

Commander Keen in GOODBYE GALAXY!!!

kiwifarms.net
  2. If you’re giving a cow money you’re the one getting trolled lol

• Agree Agree x 28
    • Like Like x 3
    Testaclese Maximus

Testaclese Maximus as friendly as a rabbit
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. If you continuously give money to a lolcow, you are a fukin idiot.

You are not a detractor or a troll. You are a supporter.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. If you give money to DSP in the name of "Trolling"

Good job you got played. Supporting the person you claim to hate even if it's just a quarter.

But thank you for letting me laugh at your :autism: since you think it actually does something to him.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    Equinox_

Equinox_ Binge Monster tbh

kiwifarms.net
  5. This is essentially a case of tu quoque from a hate-watcher; they want to put us on their own stupid level, all while ignoring they're still more autistic for wasting money on something that you can get for free; Dave reeeing. That's because the exceptional hatebase who gives Pigroach money is still a fan. They're just fans in the most autistic way possible since at least the normal Pigcult members own up to just liking the spectacle if not the trashfire failing to control it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Adamska

Adamska Last Gunman
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. I'll throw my 25 bits into this.

Personally, I see no reason to throw money at Phil in an attempt to "make him dance" or to get him to say something stupid, simply because 9.9 times out of 10 he'll do it for free anyways. Phil's entertainment never came from him reading dumb troll cheers - it came from him being ignorant and incompetent at every game he plays. Even if it is a "slow day" and he's being boring as fuck to watch, then so what? You can come back later, or just catch up on twitter to see if he said or did something stupid. Chances are he'll say even dumber stuff then because he won't even be getting his pile of quarters.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  7. I agree its stupid my whole point is that its also stupid to give a shit about troll cheers.

Insulting troll cheerers is neither entertaining nor informative.

It just proves you care too much about daves shittiness.

• Autistic Autistic x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Powerlevel Powerlevel x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  8. I suppose the argument could be "if I don't give this person money, will I get no more lolz?"

Although, a true cow will make lolz whether or not they're getting paid for it, so I dunno.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Sword Fighter Super

Sword Fighter Super I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. The last year and a half or so some of the most entertaining DSP content has been his super desperate begging and REEEing about money. The more dumbasses troll cheer/sub/tip just to get ignored or banned the less good content we get.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. There’s a disconnect here and the people who get their nuts up whenever DSP gets a 25 bitch ear and rush on here to say how cooler and sexier and smarter they are than random jackass #2198 are missing something.

Odds are, most detractors who laugh at the troll cheers aren’t the ones making the troll cheers. Last night, DSP went on a wild rant about nachos and memes from “other streams” (he knows where it came from but he can’t admit to it or he would be fucked) for the low low price of...how ever many cents those guys spent, I dunno. So now we know that nachos triggers DSP and there will probably be a few new names in chat based around nachos or Tex-Mex food.

I am now entertained and will continue paying attention to DSP. What will happen? Will DSP ban anyone who asks if he’s made tacos recently? What new drama will arise out of this? Will it be funny?

I’ll shit on the guys who make stupid troll cheers that don’t lead anywhere, but I would shit on the guy who just typed something in and got swatted by the mods. Entertain me. I don’t care how you do it, just get it done. If the only way you think you can bring a smile to my face is by dangling 50 cents in front of Phil, then don’t let me stop you but be aware that if you fail you’ll look all the dumber.

So if someone gives Phil a thousand bucks and he does something outlandish that I’ll laugh about for the rest of my life whenever I think about it, I’m not gonna shit on that guy too much. I’m exaggerating for the sake of humor a bit, but the point is valid.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    Commander Keen

Commander Keen in GOODBYE GALAXY!!!

kiwifarms.net
  11. If people really think that DSP's legacy would've lasted this long, or that he'd have been this entertaining without his "special" reactions to troll cheers/tips/forum posts/fortnite dance moves then they're clearly fucking delusional.

The mountain you're all sitting on top of was formed on the back of autists throwing pennies at a monkey. The monkey is DSP and his dances without pennies aren't interesting at all.

Maybe before Twitch he reacted to TIHYDPs and people talking shit in voice chat, but this is the new era of DSP autism and pennies that get thrown at DSP are one of the few things that bring entertainment to an otherwise stupid, boring, gouty, balding fat man sitting on his love seat for 8 hours at a time.

Sure there's the odd saga that doesn't revolve around troll tips/cheers but they're usually boring.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    #11 neger psykolog, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    neger psykolog

neger psykolog moon goons for communism detection
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. I can't for the life of me think of anything that troll cheering has done besides lengthening prestream time or baiting the occasional rant from him, which he will usually get fired up about something every once in awhile to rant about on his own. Most of the hilarity for me comes from the salt from him playing games poorly and from low attendance/low "interaction." Look at his SC6 gameplay last night, where he didn't get a tip for most of the stream and he ended up bitching about it and banning people who bitched about him bitching.

Sure, as neger said, pennies will make him dance, but holding money will make him fucking sperg.

• Agree Agree x 10
    kiwifarms.net
  13. upload_2018-10-25_22-1-7.png

If he actually knew how to control his reactions to dumb shit then no one would be interested in him at all. He's been asked by his fans and detractors a million times to shorten prestreams but he's too exceptional to manage it and would rather spend 40 minutes talking about detractors after asking people to not talk about detractors for 10 minutes before the 40 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. See Destro, take notes.

Troll cheering is exceptionally dumb. Some of the best content that came from a Phil in the last week or so was this gem of a break during his Soul Caliber 6 online stream.

The best DSP moments are done for free. Don’t even need any coercing.

• Agree Agree x 6
    thebonesauce

thebonesauce The black wind howls...

kiwifarms.net
  15. But he did get troll cheers didn't he?

$5 in troll cheers being his only income for a stream would be more galling than making nothing if you ask me.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    kiwifarms.net
  16. I don't even get what this debate is about, because you're never going to be able to stop troll cheers.
    Even DSP's own fanbase send him facetious cheers all the time and ask about detractors.

This whole argument is like saying "water is wet"

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. People should just let Troll cheers happen and just enjoy the show. Have some laughs that they're doing it and most of the time wasting their own time, have the laugh when once in awhile DSP actually falls for a troll cheer.

Agree or disagree about it. It'll happen so just have a good laugh and continue on. Don't need the arguments and exceptional fighting with one another.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Equinox_

Equinox_ Binge Monster tbh

kiwifarms.net

18. That's exactly my point. He was trying to use "well Dave got mad cause he didn't get any tips" as evidence that it's more entertaining when he doesn't get troll cheers, but in that stream he DID get troll cheers.

I agree though and my whole issue is with the hateful rants about troll cheerers that contribute nothing. Troll cheerers are either long time fans who just want to fuck with dave a little, long time detractors who don't mind throwing pennies at a monkey, or brand new detractors who are excited by the thrill of making a 35yo man do something for pocket change.

I don't understand why we talk about them at all, let alone why there's so much hateful vitriol.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  19. Phil isn't your monkey. He won't dance for you, if you give him money. All he will do is laugh his way to the bank. And if you give him money, You're a twat.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  20. He'll dance with or without money:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.