The Mining Pit -

W

WW 635

kiwifarms.net
I mostly post in just one area exclusively but am aware of the support attempts with mining. I mostly visit this site from work and mobile so I can't really be productive enough. I've reviewed the support thread several times... are other ridiculous options like xoom, venmo, facebook money, etc an option since Paypal isn't viable? Even undocumented immigrants can send money from point A. to point B. let's figure this shit out LOL. Don't make me mail it/buy stamps damn it! I haven't mailed something in years. o_O
You, and everyone here, can donate to the Farms via cryprocurrecy. Coinbase is very easy to use. You can very easily purchase and send Bitcoin, Ethreum, and Litecoin to @Null to support Kiwifarms.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You, and everyone here, can donate to the Farms via cryprocurrecy. Coinbase is very easy to use. You can very easily purchase and send Bitcoin, Ethreum, and Litecoin to @Null to support Kiwifarms.
Be careful about buying BTC with credit cards. They treat you like a criminal and you'll likely have to wait a considerable amount of time. It might seem easier than going to an exchange, but it's honestly not if you consider how long verification can take.

Whatisgoingon

Delgado Bee, Pronouns are Hoss and Hoss-self
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Be careful about buying BTC with credit cards. They treat you like a criminal and you'll likely have to wait a considerable amount of time. It might seem easier than going to an exchange, but it's honestly not if you consider how long verification can take.

This is the biggest reason why I can't donate with bitcoin. I understand why they do it, so they can prevent people with stolen cards making a quick buck, but there's no way in hell I'm directly linking my bank account to CoinBase just to buy bitcoin.

DarkAlien

No.
kiwifarms.net
This is the biggest reason why I can't donate with bitcoin. I understand why they do it, so they can prevent people with stolen cards making a quick buck, but there's no way in hell I'm directly linking my bank account to CoinBase just to buy bitcoin.
This, I rather send cash in an envelope than that, then again I'd feel self conscious about not giving enough, maybe donate in all dollar bills to make myself feel better, like it's a stack. Throw in a couple of quarters and randomly send $23.50 xD :biggrin:

W

WW 635

kiwifarms.net
You just provide proof of identity and then wait 24 hours for verification. It's faster than buying a gun in some US states.

You don't have to link your bank account.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I just noticed something RetroGAF is doing. They're using a miner as verification in a Captcha of sorts. You can apparently opt out of it, but conceivably, this could be set up so it could only be voluntarily operated, like you could have an interface to jack it up and offer more. There would be no valid complaint of "malware" if the only option were valid.

Remailer networks used to use something called "hashcash" which was a pure proof-of-work with not other value to it to prevent spamming.

You could also use this to throttle problem users like spamming lolcows.

Just an idea.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I just noticed something RetroGAF is doing. They're using a miner as verification in a Captcha of sorts. You can apparently opt out of it, but conceivably, this could be set up so it could only be voluntarily operated, like you could have an interface to jack it up and offer more. There would be no valid complaint of "malware" if the only option were valid.

Remailer networks used to use something called "hashcash" which was a pure proof-of-work with not other value to it to prevent spamming.

You could also use this to throttle problem users like spamming lolcows.

Just an idea.
I can't use Coinhive for this. I would have to write it myself.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

The reason for this is Bitcoin (and cryptocurrency in general) is really nice to the recipient. Once the confirmations are on the blockchain, it's impossible to reverse. That particular feature, non-repudiation, means the sender can't later cheat you out of the money. By comparison, shit like Paypal or credit cards allow lots of fraud where someone can buy something, get it, claim their credentials were stolen, reverse charges, and the person who sent is screwed.

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

All legit exchanges and even ones that use credit card have to ask for your ID by law.
KYC = know your customer

Since they're essentially a money exchange service, there's good reason for it. If the companies didn't have to do it by law, then they sure as fuck wouldn't bother with it because it pisses people off.

The only alternative is a service like localbitcoins.com

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
All legit exchanges and even ones that use credit card have to ask for your ID by law.
KYC = know your customer

Since they're essentially a money exchange service, there's good reason for it. If the companies didn't have to do it by law, then they sure as fuck wouldn't bother with it because it pisses people off.

Autists don't want to go to public places and exchange money for crypto like some kind of drug deal with a ridiculous vig on it too.

G

GS 281

kiwifarms.net
KF should set up a new system where you have to donate like $1 or something to join, but you have to do it through cryptocurrency. @Null could set a very elaborate how-to video up instead of captcha. The point would be to show new people how easy it is to use it.

DumbDosh

space worm drugs are pretty cool
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
KF should set up a new system where you have to donate like $1 or something to join, but you have to do it through cryptocurrency. @Null could set a very elaborate how-to video up instead of captcha. The point would be to show new people how easy it is to use it.

It should be $10, and it should be mandatory to view old threads, we could call it KiwiFarms Archives Upgrade or something.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
KYC = know your customer

KYC/AML doesn't usually kick in until you hit a certain limit. Credit cards are assumed stolen by default, bank transfers are not. Most exchanges have a $2000 limit/time period (month?) before any level of real verification comes into play.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
KYC/AML doesn't usually kick in until you hit a certain limit. Credit cards are assumed stolen by default, bank transfers are not. Most exchanges have a $2000 limit/time period (month?) before any level of real verification comes into play.

Yes, but if you associate any kind of crypto-related account with a bank at all, they're going to insist on all that shit.

Banks exceed rather than fail at complying with KYC/AML because the penalties if they fuck up are so severe.