The Mining Pit -

An Ghost

So zetta-mogus
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
getting a verified coinmama account was really easy cause i'm not skeeved out by sending pics of my ID to websites i've never heard of. however my bank hates coinmama but i also can't buy dominos gift cards online so i should have expected this. anybody have any experience with using visa prepaids for buying cryptocurrency? and why can't we get the old not paypal thing back? that worked but it got canned when hatreon came around but that also got canned.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
We already do that

No we don't. We just dox them for fun. I think it would be unethical to demand money or internal mule drug smuggling in return for not doxing them.

Also if we do decide to do that, I'd prefer exotic research chemicals that have not yet been illegalized.

Mysterious Capitalist

Collect [REDACTED] as you pass
kiwifarms.net
Would it be a problem if the miner was activated only on a specific page of the forum, rather than all of it? (I've read somewhere in the thread that implementing in a limited fashion could be the solution)

Like, a single thread (maybe forum wide accessible, like a rules thread) with blocked answers where you can decide the amount of throttle from the OP itself, like when it was in the footer

Then people would just have to leave the page open and let the computer do the work

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Would it be a problem if the miner was activated only on a specific page of the forum, rather than all of it? (I've read somewhere in the thread that implementing in a limited fashion could be the solution)

Like, a single thread (maybe forum wide accessible, like a rules thread) with blocked answers where you can decide the amount of throttle from the OP itself, like when it was in the footer

Then people would just have to leave the page open and let the computer do the work
I just wrote a mining tutorial for those who are interested, you can mine directly to Null if you want to: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/mining-for-noobs.35956/
Null's various wallet addresses: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/supporting-the-forum.27022/
If anyone does this, announce it along with what pool you've chosen so others can coordinate on the same pool. Alternatively you can mine for yourself and send a portion to Null.

His Dewliness

One dope MLG pope
kiwifarms.net
I just wrote a mining tutorial for those who are interested, you can mine directly to Null if you want to: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/mining-for-noobs.35956/
Null's various wallet addresses: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/supporting-the-forum.27022/
If anyone does this, announce it along with what pool you've chosen so others can coordinate on the same pool. Alternatively you can mine for yourself and send a portion to Null.
Thanks man, I've been meaning to get started on mining for a while now and this looks like it'll be pretty helpful. Hopefully once I have the time I can start making pitiful amounts of e-bux and occasionally give Null some cyber-pennies

Cantaloupine

soy boy toy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So Firefox just updated to Quantum and it seems the Miner bar is missing now? I've disabled Adblock but that's not helped. I don't mind going back to an older version of Firefox but I was wondering if this was an issue that's got a simpler solution?

blah

kiwifarms.net
It's gone. I'll be announcing a new thing soon that's more exciting.
This is taking WAY too long, I missed the first chance for my computer to be a zombie miner and give you my money; I DEMAND a way to give you neetbux through the internet on a steady basis.

EDIT: Also, web developer and backend programmer.. if there is any way to help with menial labour or code monkey shit that would work too.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
This is taking WAY too long, I missed the first chance for my computer to be a zombie miner and give you my money; I DEMAND a way to give you neetbux through the internet on a steady basis.
Just mine whatever crypto you want and send it if you so choose.

As for web backend, perhaps. I have some ideas but it's really hard to work on shit solo just for motivation reasons. If you actually know PHP and want to do stuff I might have some ideas.

blah

kiwifarms.net
Just mine whatever crypto you want and send it if you so choose.

As for web backend, perhaps. I have some ideas but it's really hard to work on shit solo just for motivation reasons. If you actually know PHP and want to do stuff I might have some ideas.

I'll look into setting up a mining rig, but I'd prefer a way to parasitize on all the visitors instead.

I know PHP it was what I started out working with, made some semi big sites using memcached and MySQL. Lately I've been dicking around with node.js and postgresql when it comes to 'full stack' though. (no frameworks, fuck that; makes people less than exceptional), but woudn't take that long to get into whatever codebase that would be relevant if it's not something REALLY special..

Trying to quit smoking so I've been very dim the past few days, but as soon as I'm not feeling physically ill every waking moment I'd love to take a talk with you about any specifics..

Works as a consultant/system developer from home, I get paid but due to some fuckup with the scheduling I've not actually had to do anything. Boredome abound.

Whatever, point is that I'll be having so much energy and nothing to do very soon and I'd live to give back some resources to a site that I spend a lot of time on. Just give me a holla or send me a PM with IRC or contact information and I'll make sure to help you out very soon.

WhaleOfDale

kiwifarms.net
Hi there guys, just wanted to ask if anyone mines via cloud technology using some sort of a contract like hashflare or anyhting like that.
I thought about trying it out but wanna ask a few questions for clarification. 1) How can you compare cloud mining profit to a regular one? I know it makes less money but how much? 2) What is the purpose of the websites like this ? All I understood is that they provide some bonuses for your contract. Should they even be considered or is it just a nonsense? Thanks in advance for any answers, help is appreciated.

Lesbian Sleepover

Party Announcement
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Contract mining always seems like a scam to me I only mine my own farm with all it's wacky fail over and power supply . I don't know enough about contract mining but my circle of crypto friends prefer trading contracts on an exchange and day trading it versus renting someone else's bandwidth

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hi there guys, just wanted to ask if anyone mines via cloud technology using some sort of a contract like hashflare or anyhting like that.
I thought about trying it out but wanna ask a few questions for clarification. 1) How can you compare cloud mining profit to a regular one? I know it makes less money but how much? 2) What is the purpose of the websites like this ? All I understood is that they provide some bonuses for your contract. Should they even be considered or is it just a nonsense? Thanks in advance for any answers, help is appreciated.
Contract mining always seems like a scam to me I only mine my own farm with all it's wacky fail over and power supply . I don't know enough about contract mining but my circle of crypto friends prefer trading contracts on an exchange and day trading it versus renting someone else's bandwidth

Almost all "cloud mining" operations are scams.
Your best best is to use something like nicehash and rent other people's hashing power for mining.

Btw, we have an entire subforum for crypto shit here, which is a better place to discuss this than here:
https://kiwifarms.net/forums/cryptoshekels.88/

I'd suggest making a thread there on the topic because there are quite a few knowledgeable people around about that stuff.