The more things change, the more they keep chaining -

120969-S.jpg
I just wanted to put this out there for people to chew on. I don't think it's really political, but It's obvious that's what I'm thinking about.

The US is getting wired. Maybe one or two of the things that are going on that are just awful could be patched up or worth waiting out, but after fixing one or two thing, you'd just be stuck wading though garbage same as before. Realising this, it makes any idea of patching anything a lost cause, because then the question becomes who are you patching it for if you aren't even gonna have a chance to enjoy it because of all the other problems facing you. The expression, "I don't know whether to fish or cut bate" comes to mind. Work on fixing things, take on liability, be made vulnerable, and lose more possibility faster.

Bitcoin since it's start seemed like it would really need a market where you can buy normal things consistently for it to become practical. Any crypto-currency (all of them) could be come equally as much a tyranny as our current financial system given the chance to become popular and widely adopted. I often imagine who I would explain the JBP explanation to why tranny pronoun thing is bad: They get to choose what they're called and they can change it at anytime, which means that you can be liable for not complying with their demand of a specific pronoun at any time, and if you are found liable menaces (more fines) can be decreed against you. So, you have to always avoid anything to do with trannies at almost all costs, but you have to do it secretly because if this is know publicly, you can also then liable for both discriminating against tarnnies (even if it's for legal problems created) and for not being ever made to be potentially liable for their pronouns. (Like how red-light avoidance is a crime.) Obviously, it would be easier if this was not in the legal system, and you wouldn't have to worry about getting sued for using She and not He or one of the made up ones. In our current climate of 'give people what ever they demand ...and hope that they go away' the Tranny Problem creates an immense burden on businesses as Yaniv's antics have demonstrated. Money can never be a way out for as long as the government has a tyrannical monopoly on the financial system.

Bitcoin is not as personal a technology as cash or ever charge cards. If you want someone to trust you're not scamming them and to take the leap of the new tech and associated buy-in that bitcoin is, then your customers are going to need to be able to trust you. I don't mean trust as a concrete thing, I mean feel comfortable with who you're going business with and that's there not going to scam you. Knowing to any degree of certainty that you are not going to be scammed is almost impossible on anonymous websites with anonymous site runners. Though this is the only option in the US because of the legal situation there. Therefore, *in the US* bitcoin has a significant bottleneck to adoption. As has been pointed out my many proponents of bitcoin, other less traditionally assumed to be stable countries do not have this problem with bitcoin. If people in those countries want to buy groceries, then it's not like their grocer is going to be on the hook for unpaid capital gains as they would be in the US. It feels like you have this bag full of holes in it's bottom. The bag has water in it daring from the holes. You can't know if you patch one hole which hole you should patch next. As the water starts to be completely drained from the bag, the holes become bigger from being worn by the water that's already drained out and the bag drains faster.

It's hard to see upsetting things everywhere that you want to help fix, but can't because if you did, even successfully, you'd be wiped out and not around to help yourself.

And sometimes OP is a faggot with a semblance of a point, yet still terrible spelling.
I'm British. Fuck you.
This is true for every currency, crypto or otherwise.
Sorry, I realise it doesn't come across in the post. What I'm actually upset about is the mislabeling of food products in the United States. I was only talking about Bitcoin as an example of how the US is not leading in Crypto because the US is having too many domestic problems and it's showing. If you think of the backing system as part of the social technology in the US, then KYC and other banking restrictions are preventing the US to lead in Crypto. But at the same time, the US can't accept Crypto as it is and would just enforce there restrictions though it if they were adopting it. It's good for Crypto that the US is not in the lead. The US can only go on to hurt its self further without current Crypto.

After watching Das schreckliche Mädchen I learned fixing things is really unforgiving. It would be theoretically possible fix food labeling, but there would be many other problems leftover. There is a lot of personal liability involved in these things, so it does not make economic sense to bother. Better off shopping around for a new country. But the banking law-making from MadAtTheInternet podcast had me thinking about it anyway.
Welcome to the human condition, OP. Enjoy your stay.
I'm merging in 2022, so it's not going to be a problem for much longer.

CanonPrinter

Cunt
kiwifarms.net
I'm British. Fuck you.
Yeah, I bet your being from the UK excuses the ample brainfarts:

"I don't know whether to fish or cut bate" comes to mind.
And what about the bait?

Bitcoin since it's start

Any crypto-currency (all of them) could be come equally

I often imagine who I would explain the JBP explanation to why tranny pronoun thing is bad:

and that's there not going to scam you.

It's hard to see upsetting things everywhere that you want to help fix, but can't because if you did, even successfully, you'd be wiped out and not around to help yourself.
The sentiment is positive and all, but maybe next time put the bottle down before opening a thread.

mario if smoke weed

I'm super duper, with a big tuper.
kiwifarms.net
If you stare at error messages, surely you could've stared at the title long enough to change the damn typo you made, right?

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Isn't like 90% of bitcoin of bitcoin is owned by like two people? Seems like a really prime target for it to go tits up really fast.

Isn't like 90% of bitcoin of bitcoin is owned by like two people? Seems like a really prime target for it to go tits up really fast.
I haven't read that before. I guess statistics could be done on a block explorer to see how many PKs own most of the coins. A more concerning thing BTC is that has hard coded source for the block chain that then gets mirrored p2p. Peers can read from each other, but creating the network requires some centralisation. It's the same reason you don't use torrent download over TOR; you IP gets put into a pub-list so that other peers can find it. Turns out not just peers can find it too. In reality the bitcoin foundation must own the server. You are just a free mirror that might get a kickback for sharing your compute resource with network. Bitcoin really isn't the right tech to look at to learn about p2p. Better are SETI At Home or Torrents.

Bitcoin wouldn't be my first choice. XMR is better per privacy, but you have more problems with trusting you're not getting scammed. ETC seems popular, but I can only imagine problems arising from smart contracts. I have no idea what proof of stake means. The people who use ETC seem like closeted Communists, who never explain that they actually just want to get paid at the end of the day and will instead say that it's decentralised, no-one can own it, and you will have more control. But they never actually talk about anything practical. Like, "I want you to come buy my ETC book or educational course or some thing else." So you end up with a lot of high talk and not that many new users actually using it as money. When ever I hear about ETC from regular users, they don't just talk about it as money, they more think it's an identity; seems un-trust character.

It's really the social technology that's lagging behind on this stuff. There are too many speculators in Crypto and it's preventing adoption by normies. I just like the idea of the convenience of it. It would be really easy to make businesses and get paid if I don't have to go though someone like a bank who can just turn around and say 'no' to me at any point. It's the tranny stuff that makes me concerned about how money will be abused against people. At that point it would be good to have BTC or some Crypto and a backup.