The Mysterious Mr. Enter / Jonathan Rozanski's "Growing Around" - IndieGoGo Campaign Failed, John going off the deep end

LiquidKid

Same Management, New Name
kiwifarms.net
Wow I never realized how little I gave a shit about the titles of Ed Edd n Eddy episodes. What does he have against Kanker sister episodes? I liked those ones a lot.
Unnecessary rant aside, a lot of those titles were actually references to old phrases and literature that far exceed Enter’s 1985 starting year for culture. “A Pinch to Grow an Ed” actually makes a lot of sense and is a lot more clever than “High Heel Ed.” Think outside of the box Enter, stop thinking like a 5th grade literary student

Just_a_Bored_Guy

kiwifarms.net
Wow I never realized how little I gave a shit about the titles of Ed Edd n Eddy episodes. What does he have against Kanker sister episodes? I liked those ones a lot.
IIRC, in his review of the Christmas episodes, he mentioned that the show tended to put them in at the last minute when the Eds are about to come out on top.

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
I don't have a problem with a kid saying they're genderless or whatever. Kids aren't really defined by masculinity or femininity very much, and I can understand not wanting to get lumped into either the "dolls and dresses" or "sports and video games" categories. Except that second point doesn't even apply to Growing Around because everyone is so tolerant to the point where the line dividing genders may as well not exist depending on the episode. It feels like Enter is just throwing in these half-baked token characters for diversity points without bothering to implement them in any meaningful way. They're just there to hop on trends and say "Hey we have gay, non-binary, and non-white characters! If you're into that stuff you should watch my show!" It's ironic, he was bitching about how forcing diversity into bad shows gives diversity a bad name when he takes a lazier route and doesn't bother to even make them real characters.
Kids are way more judgemental than this show likes to portray.
If they think a boy is a sissy, his life should be ruined

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
IIRC, in his review of the Christmas episodes, he mentioned that the show tended to put them in at the last minute when the Eds are about to come out on top.
That's because you're not supposed to like the Eds, or at the very least Eddy. Their entire shtick is to scam kids out of their money for jawbreakers, sometimes putting the kids through massive amounts of pain (Big Picture Show) or through endangering their lives due to the shoddily built scam upheaving itself.

We do learn later that some of the other kids are fuckin' assholes themselves, but that doesn't change how up until the series finale, Eddy was still kind of a prick (Ed and Double D were more either complicit or too stupid to realize what was happening until it was too late). That said, the Kanker Sisters are easily much worse as they're not only depicted as literal trailer-trash no-lifes, but are kinda sexually abusive to the Eds (enough so that it stays comedic, but still).

Enter wouldn't know character complexity and subtext if it hit him like a sack of bricks; it's just "the Kankers are abusive and that's bad, m'kay", not "The Kankers are meant to act as their comeuppance" (see Jingle Jingle Jangle).

Last edited:

Bread Fetishist

Public enemy to bakers everywhere
kiwifarms.net
I'll admit, Ed, Edd n' Eddy's titles can be rather confusing, because several times, they don't have much to do with the actual episodes. I dare you, without looking it up, to tell me what happened in the episodes Scrambled Ed and Hand Me Down Ed.

LiquidKid

Same Management, New Name
kiwifarms.net
That's because you're not supposed to like the Eds, or at the very least Eddy. Their entire shtick is to scam kids out of their money for jawbreakers, sometimes putting the kids through massive amounts of pain (Big Picture Show) or through endangering their lives due to the shoddily built scam upheaving itself.

We do learn later that some of the other kids are fuckin' assholes themselves, but that doesn't change how up until the series finale, Eddy was still kind of a prick (Ed and Double D were more either complicit or too stupid to realize what was happening until it was too late). That said, the Kanker Sisters are easily much worse as they're not only depicted as literal trailer-trash no-lifes, but are kinda sexually abusive to the Eds (enough so that it stays comedic, but still).

Enter wouldn't know character complexity and subtext if it hit him like a sack of bricks; it's just "the Kankers are abusive and that's bad, m'kay", not "The Kankers are meant to act as their comeuppance" (see Jingle Jingle Jangle).
I highly disagree with that statement. I see that particular argument a lot. The Ed’s weren’t supposed to be disliked by the audience. They’re a modern version of the three stooges. Their comeuppance is their own stupidity when it came to their scams, always taking the easy way out instead of doing very minimal testing. The Ed’s themselves, including Eddy aren’t nearly as big of assholes as just about every character, Nazz being probably the only one who isn’t consistently a jerk to someone. Which I is important because every character gets physically abused at some point in the series. You’re supposed to like to be around the Ed’s, but also realize how and why their plans don’t work. The series actually shows the superficiality of kids fairly well

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When I first found his videos, I thought he was playing a character, like how James Rolfe pretends to have over the top tantrums at old vidya games. Then I realized Enter was being genuine in his reactions.

Anyway, his rant on Twitter is out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf1shMwwU_U

And another bland OC:

Angry

kiwifarms.net
When I first found his videos, I thought he was playing a character, like how James Rolfe pretends to have over the top tantrums at old vidya games. Then I realized Enter was being genuine in his reactions.
This was the case for me, too. The first video I saw of his was the one about how Patrick was secretly an asshole. I legitimately thought it was a pretty funny joke list. It wasn't until a few videos later that I realized he legitimately thought Patrick was an asshole and was listing evidence for it.

mooo

kiwifarms.net
Never unstestood the hate for this guy besides Growing Around, Latest Technocracy video was really on point.
His thoughts on politics and society usually aren't offensive, even if they can be underdeveloped. It's everything else about his videos that make him so detestable. First off he has the most grating voice out of any other longstanding youtuber. He sounds like a fat balding middle school teacher who hates his life and takes it out by sounding as condescending to everyone as possible. Worse yet, he fails to rerecord bad takes. Then comes the content of 90% of his videos, which is just whining because he didn't understand a joke or thinks a show isn't suitable for overly sensitive kindergarteners. Often he'll get hung up on a harmless 5 second scene for over a minute. He calls so many things the worst thing ever and acts as if narratives have cut and dry rules that should never be broken unless he's writing the script. I swear the last 5 or 6 videos I watched, he mentions a show breaking "the number one rule for [genre]." When he's not autistically combing through moments only soccer moms would find offensive, he's incredibly vague. Other reviewers will often categorically review in depth the characters, setting, plot, visuals and so on and take care to note how well or badly these things work together, whereas Mr. Enter will usually just say they're all bad because they're mean, it doesn't work in his mind, or isn't funny to him. He hardly seems to be qualified to review fiction because he takes every show at face value and complains if something isn't how it would work in reality and as if every character's purpose was to impose a rigid sense of poor morals onto the audience. I don't know how anybody could bother to unironically watch him lately, because he just goes after low hanging fruit like Norm of the North like we don't all know that's bad and don't have a dozen other reviewers who reviewed it better.

That said, he once said on stream that he's playing a character when he does his reviews, so I guess you can't get mad at him personally. Rather, it's his idea of an entertaining review show that's disappointing.

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net
Tbh, these days John Enter is more pathetic than “hatable” these days, he REALLY wants his cartoon fully realized, but refuses to actually learn how to improve himself. He’ll just keep spinning in circles for eternity until he either gives up or changes his approach

Reactions: Mr. Awesome Man

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino