The Mysterious Mr. Enter / Jonathan Rozanski's "Growing Around" - IndieGoGo Campaign Failed, John going off the deep end

Hanamura

Darkness, endless, despair, fear no more
kiwifarms.net
isn’t Madoka only a 13 episode series?
12 episodes actually, with the first 2 movies being a condensed version of the series (the third one is an entirely new thing) like you said. Something that could easily be hammered out in a few hours no matter which route you took with it, he's just lazy as fuck.

JelloJerk

kiwifarms.net
He's reviewed faux anime, but never straight up something from Japan itself...unless I missed something.
I remember he did an Admirable Animation on some Pokemon rip-off years ago, I went to look for it (It's called Zach Bell) and apparently it is blocked on copyright grounds (at least for me), so I guess he was onto something:

I haven't watched Enter in years but I think I remember that in this review he said that he doesn't review anime because it's "too long" or "episodic" or something.

Also he's reviewed the Gregory Horror Show, which is teeeechnically anime. Probably the first and last time I watched a show he recommended and I actually enjoyed it.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
I remember he did an Admirable Animation on some Pokemon rip-off years ago, I went to look for it (It's called Zach Bell) and apparently it is blocked on copyright grounds (at least for me), so I guess he was onto something:

I haven't watched Enter in years but I think I remember that in this review he said that he doesn't review anime because it's "too long" or "episodic" or something.

Also he's reviewed the Gregory Horror Show, which is teeeechnically anime. Probably the first and last time I watched a show he recommended and I actually enjoyed it.
To be fair, Zatch Bell (and I speak from past experience with it) wasn't all that fucking good, anyway (better yet, it was extremely half-assed and forgettable.) - Enter needs to find ACTUALLY GOOD anime to talk about, really.

SpergPatrol

You're a faggot Harry
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, Zatch Bell (and I speak from past experience with it) wasn't all that fucking good, anyway (better yet, it was extremely half-assed and forgettable.) - Enter needs to find ACTUALLY GOOD anime to talk about, really.
He won't because he would have to put more effort into writing the script then because anime actually aimed at adults actually are deeper and have darker themes than "oh no I failed my math test today."

He couldn't handle Fluttershy getting pimp slapped by a cartoon bunny without crying for three days over it, do you really think he could withstand something like Perfect Blue or even Beserk with that level of mental maturity?

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
He won't because he would have to put more effort into writing the script then because anime actually aimed at adults actually are deeper and have darker themes than "oh no I failed my math test today."

He couldn't handle Fluttershy getting pimp slapped by a cartoon bunny without crying for three days over it, do you really think he could withstand something like Perfect Blue or even Beserk with that level of mental maturity?
I think this is the real reason. A lot of anime, especially the popular shows that would get those clicks, are generally more mature and heavily-themed than he's accustomed to. This is the same guy who berated an earlier generation pony movie because it wasn't like the "masterful" current one, not to mention attempting and failing to make a show about children running world and all the nauseating sugar-coated stupidity that entails (his weird dystopian answers to plotholes not withstanding).

Of course he will never give such a response like "I'm not going to review anime because it's too complex for my exceptional brain and I'm too much of a pussy to address the serious topics it brings up" so it's nothing but an ignoring it and hope the questions go away situation with him.

Shokew

kiwifarms.net

Awwww... HELL NAH. Especially NOT this particular ponyfag - he'd be whining/crying/shitting himself all too easily! It would still be real fucking fun to see him try, regardless.

LiquidKid

If Lions Like It, You Know It’s Bad.
kiwifarms.net
Another thing could be that the Anime vs Western Animation debate is the most literal form of cancer on the internet and no sane person would ever attempt to touch that can of worms as both sides of the aisle are complete nutcases.
Enter is stupid, but he’s not so stupid as to get caught up in that hell fire

Last edited:

SpergPatrol

You're a faggot Harry
kiwifarms.net
Ok I found something that just gave me the answer to if Mr. Enter kickstarter of his for the pilot episode was actually overpriced or not because another youtuber started their own pilot kickstarter with real professional voice actors and the target goal is 60k that in including all the rewards.

This pilot for this series is 11 minutes long and 70% of its budget is the animation so that is $42,000 out of a 60k budget made to get tv grade quality animation including known tv cartoon voice actors.
That already is way less than the number Mr. Enter was asking for and is the length of a typical animated episode pilot.

Now let's put into the calculations that Enter wanted to make this pilot 22-26 minutes long instead of this 11 minutes. Let's do the lowest number he gave of 22 sense it is the pilot and it the bare minimum it would cost to make this animation.

$42,000 dollars is what 11 minutes worth of tv grade animation costs so all we need to do is times that by 2 and we get $84,000

Mr. Enter Kickstarter was stating he need 250k to do his animation for the pilot, which means Enter was asking for over 198% what it would actually cost to make a tv quality animation alone.

NielBreenLover96

kiwifarms.net
That's the same crazy bitch who made that indiegogo stream I summarized completely unbearable to listen to. Funny to know she's "easily triggered," and even funnier to hear the two soyboys with her trip over themselves to coddle her after she's triggered. Jeez lady, it's just really really shitty writing... get over it.

Edit: One of the soyboys gets so triggered that he "literally can't even" and leaves partway through the stream.

(The triggering starts at 1 hour and 48 minutes)
The comment section is equally cancerous.
Shit, does anyone have an archive of this livestream? I need to see Robobuddies go into a frothing rage over a book for children in real time. Not just me, but the world itself.

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net
Ok I found something that just gave me the answer to if Mr. Enter kickstarter of his for the pilot episode was actually overpriced or not because another youtuber started their own pilot kickstarter with real professional voice actors and the target goal is 60k that in including all the rewards.

This pilot for this series is 11 minutes long and 70% of its budget is the animation so that is $42,000 out of a 60k budget made to get tv grade quality animation including known tv cartoon voice actors.
That already is way less than the number Mr. Enter was asking for and is the length of a typical animated episode pilot.

Now let's put into the calculations that Enter wanted to make this pilot 22-26 minutes long instead of this 11 minutes. Let's do the lowest number he gave of 22 sense it is the pilot and it the bare minimum it would cost to make this animation.

$42,000 dollars is what 11 minutes worth of tv grade animation costs so all we need to do is times that by 2 and we get $84,000

Mr. Enter Kickstarter was stating he need 250k to do his animation for the pilot, which means Enter was asking for over 198% what it would actually cost to make a tv quality animation alone.
This chick *could* have done the whole thing for cheaper. You’re forgetting that “tv grade” has always been relatively minor quality. Most expenses in network funded shows comes from unions and the fact that you can’t pay an animator $3 an hour like in japan and Korea.
I could see this 11-minute pilot going for the $30k she has right now, but $60 would definitely make it prettier
To be a tad harsh, despite coming from an alleged full time illustrator who turned down network options for this project, the character designs look very newgrounds. Still better than Enter’s deviant art look, and she put together a far better presentation, but something like a Long Gone Gulch is a better example of tv quality crowd funding

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 2.00.30 AM.png

Then, literally two days later...

Oh, boy. I've seen trainwrecks before, but uploading one review of an entire series every single day for over a month? He has literally NEVER worked this fast before, and for good reason.

I'm just gonna say it, because he hasn't said it in years: "What I'm doing is wrong, and I know it's wrong, but I'm gonna do it anyway."

(Also, rendering the entire video in 4:3, mispronouncing "Casagrandes" AND a completely unnecessary ContentID violation from 1:05 - 2:42 that I'm surprised the video wasn't blocked for? We're off to a fantastic start already.)

The Pink Panther

Ate Pinkly
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 983240

Oh, boy. I've seen trainwrecks before, but uploading one review of an entire series every single day for over a month? He has literally NEVER worked this fast before, and for good reason.

I'm just gonna say it, because he hasn't said it in years: "What I'm doing is wrong, and I know it's wrong, but I'm gonna do it anyway."

(Also, rendering the entire video in 4:3, mispronouncing "Casagrandes" AND a completely unnecessary ContentID violation from 1:05 - 2:42 that I'm surprised the video wasn't blocked for? We're off to a fantastic start already.)
Ouch.

The Autism's gonna kick in halfway through and he'll just cancel this activity.

Shokew

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 983240

Let the failure BEGIN and the stupidity BE ABUNDANT.

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 983240

>Casagrandes.

Oh dear, Loud House got a spinoff already, the Autism never ends does it?

On topic: I'll be surprised if he actually sticks it out for this whole project, the quality will be abysmal, and a lot of the shows he's already covered at least once, so it seems silly to go back and do them again.

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 983240

So if there's really been around 50 Nicktoons that have aired on Nickelodeon over the past 30 years (disregarding the actual accuracy of that number), how exactly does he plan on going through every single one of them in 30 days? Even if he skips over the ones he's already reviewed, he'll still have to potentially double up episode releases in order to make that end-of-month mark.

This thing is gonna crash and burn so fucking hard.

Just_a_Bored_Guy

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 983240

It might be nice to get some shorter and simpler reviews from the guy, as well as some renewals on topics he discussed long ago (personally, I don't think he gave Sanjay and Craig a fair shake). However, I am concerned he'll lose interest or cancel it out of stress. It wouldn't be the first time.
Not to mention, his editors aren't exactly known for being quick, so that might be a factor. I hope they knew about this beforehand.

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
So if there's really been around 50 Nicktoons that have aired on Nickelodeon over the past 30 years (disregarding the actual accuracy of that number), how exactly does he plan on going through every single one of them in 30 days? Even if he skips over the ones he's already reviewed, he'll still have to potentially double up episode releases in order to make that end-of-month mark.

He counted roughly 46 shows in this video (which does include DreamWorks shows, for some reason), and he's starting "the day after Thanksgiving," so if he stuck to one every day, he still wouldn't be done until January 13th.

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net

Most Nicktoons only lasted a brief amount of episodes, they often started with what they called a “6-pack” of 6 episodes. Most disappearing forever after that.
Then he can cheat around some of them like reviewing Action League Now with Kablaam and Rugrats with All Grown Up since they were offs. He’ll likely do all of Frederator in one go, those being Chalkzone, fairly odd parents, my life as a teenage robot). Dreamworld will probably be a similar thing. Was the Rabbids show on his list?
I could also see him either overlooking the stuff like Peslwick, Kappa Mikey, Dancing Sushi, Edgar and Ellen, Making Fiends, and Speed Racer: The Next Generation, all shows considered to be nicktoons because they were made by Nick, I’m guessing he’s gonna pull more tricks to avoid doing all of them. Oh Yeah Cartoons is also absent despite being a prominent compilation show that all Frederator nicktoons were spun off from
When you condense it that far, you’ll probably get 30 videos since he will avoid Christmas(thought he could have done Super Santa on Xmas)

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino