The Mysterious Mr. Enter / Jonathan Rozanski's "Growing Around" - IndieGoGo Campaign Failed, John going off the deep end

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
I could also see him either overlooking the stuff like Peslwick, Kappa Mikey, Dancing Sushi, Edgar and Ellen, Making Fiends, and Speed Racer: The Next Generation, all shows considered to be nicktoons because they were made by Nick, I’m guessing he’s gonna pull more tricks to avoid doing all of them.
In the description: "I'm only sticking with the official Nicktoons this year, so no import shows like Winx Club or Wayside, and nothing that was exclusive to Nickelodeon's sister network, Nicktoons, like Making Fiends."

I'm still surprised he's not skipping the DreamWorks cartoons. You'd think he would come up with an excuse like "No co-productions. Nickelodeon has to own exclusive rights to the franchise." That would cut at least three shows from the list.

LiquidKid

If Lions Like It, You Know It’s Bad.
kiwifarms.net
In the description: "I'm only sticking with the official Nicktoons this year, so no import shows like Winx Club or Wayside, and nothing that was exclusive to Nickelodeon's sister network, Nicktoons, like Making Fiends."

I'm still surprised he's not skipping the DreamWorks cartoons. You'd think he would come up with an excuse like "No co-productions. Nickelodeon has to own exclusive rights to the franchise." That would cut at least three shows from the list.
Pelswick both wasn’t exclusive to nicktoons and wasn’t or imported, he’s just ignoring it for the sake of ignoring it

Colloid

This is the baby sun now. Feel old yet?
kiwifarms.net
Pelswick both wasn’t exclusive to nicktoons and wasn’t or imported, he’s just ignoring it for the sake of ignoring it
It wouldn't surprise me if he's also avoiding it because he's uncomfortable with talking about all of the self-deprecating jabs of Pelswick being in a wheelchair too. Enter avoids dark humor like the fucking plague.

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
Extra Credits part 1 is here:
Just started it, and it took nearly 3 minutes to get to the subject. Not a good sign.

UPDATE: That video was pretty eh. Apart from the typical problems of length and necessity, there didn't seem to be anything particularly wrong with this one.
TL;DW, he specifically talks about "Games Should Not Be $60 Anymore" and the Lootboxes two-parter. He claims that EC did a poor job substantiating their claims, especially when talking about the nearly-indefensible topic of monetization schemes, and that it feels like they've sold out to the big companies.
I just thought about this:

Enter doesn't even acknowledge that most people spending thousands of dollars on loot boxes probably aren't mentally stable, and it isn't the game developers' responsability to baby them

Chewy Suarez

kids eat free on monday!
kiwifarms.net

If he’s not going to review that one Sketchers Nicktoon that was basically a giant ad, the NFL bobblehead cartoon and the Rob Dyrdek show then what’s the point?

What a waste.

Bon Bon

My name is Amanda Hugankiss, this is my story.
kiwifarms.net
I never understood the point of themed months that youtubers seem obsessed with. Why not just.. review things over time rather than insisting it has to be done in a big block? Like.. Why?
they want to feel like a real entertainer, their (especially with these 90s cartoon people) ideas of "real" entertainment are based on junkfood tv, they haven't thought deeply enough to know that dumping a show in a huge block is more often than not a sign of the show doing badly and the network needing to generate short term hype.
like most things youtubers do, it's a limp imitation of something they're not actually thinking about

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
I never understood the point of themed months that youtubers seem obsessed with. Why not just.. review things over time rather than insisting it has to be done in a big block? Like.. Why?
they want to feel like a real entertainer, their (especially with these 90s cartoon people) ideas of "real" entertainment are based on junkfood tv, they haven't thought deeply enough to know that dumping a show in a huge block is more often than not a sign of the show doing badly and the network needing to generate short term hype.
like most things youtubers do, it's a limp imitation of something they're not actually thinking about
Or maybe he did think about it, and this burst of cheap repetitive content is a ploy to get YouTube's algorithm back on his side.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Shokew

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
I think this is the real reason. A lot of anime, especially the popular shows that would get those clicks, are generally more mature and heavily-themed than he's accustomed to. This is the same guy who berated an earlier generation pony movie because it wasn't like the "masterful" current one, not to mention attempting and failing to make a show about children running world and all the nauseating sugar-coated stupidity that entails (his weird dystopian answers to plotholes not withstanding).

Of course he will never give such a response like "I'm not going to review anime because it's too complex for my exceptional brain and I'm too much of a pussy to address the serious topics it brings up" so it's nothing but an ignoring it and hope the questions go away situation with him.
It would be hilarious to see how badly Berserk would break him.

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net
Doug Walker started the trend over a decade where January was a different block each month. It created an almost holiday like surge of anticipation among his audience and even people who didn’t follow him regularly would watch his themed month. As we all know, Enter is heavily inspired by Walker, so it’s no surprise he’s also dabbling in a Nickelodeon month.

Actually, the back to back episodes on network television is usually reserved for a popular show during syndication to drum up network viewership rather than show viewership. When Two and a Half Men was hot, and we all hate to remember that it was once the most popular show on tv, air an hour or two of it in the middle of the day could drum up viewership in a normally anemic time slot

Bon Bon

My name is Amanda Hugankiss, this is my story.
kiwifarms.net
Doug Walker started the trend over a decade where January was a different block each month. It created an almost holiday like surge of anticipation among his audience and even people who didn’t follow him regularly would watch his themed month. As we all know, Enter is heavily inspired by Walker, so it’s no surprise he’s also dabbling in a Nickelodeon month.

Actually, the back to back episodes on network television is usually reserved for a popular show during syndication to drum up network viewership rather than show viewership. When Two and a Half Men was hot, and we all hate to remember that it was once the most popular show on tv, air an hour or two of it in the middle of the day could drum up viewership in a normally anemic time slot
that makes sense! that was sort of in the back of my head because i thought "what about spongebob", but what i was thinking of specifically was those "steven bombs" cartoon network did for a while at awkward times

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 6.20.28 PM.png

Funny. 18,000 words is about three times the length of a typical "Growing Around" script. So that's about one hour of content down; three to go.

Speaking of "Growing Around" scripts, here's the latest one he somehow had free time to write...

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 986313

Funny. 18,000 words is about three times the length of a typical "Growing Around" script. So that's about one hour of content down; three to go.

Speaking of "Growing Around" scripts, here's the latest one he somehow had free time to write...
If we take any sort of average for this, 18,622 words across 41 pages is about 454 words per page, divided about 13 shows is like 35 words per show. No matter how you slice it, the majority of these shows are being glossed over in favor of others.
My guess is super long sponge bob and fairly odd parents episodes and super short ones for other shows.

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
If we take any sort of average for this, 18,622 words across 41 pages is about 454 words per page, divided about 13 shows is like 35 words per show per page.
Fixed it. To be a little more fair, 18,622 words discussing 13 shows would be over 1,400 words per show, or about three pages per show. Even if he discussed SpongeBob way longer than other shows (and it's very likely he will), he can still give everything else some room to breathe. Not saying that he WILL do this, but he can.

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net
Fixed it. To be a little more fair, 18,622 words discussing 13 shows would be over 1,400 words per show, or about three pages per show. Even if he discussed SpongeBob way longer than other shows (and it's very likely he will), he can still give everything else some room to breathe. Not saying that he WILL do this, but he can.
This is the guy who’s skipping Doug, the actual first nicktoons simply because it was bought by Disney. Even though reruns airs on The Splat, implying that even Nick still considers it canonically a nicktoon

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
This is the guy who’s skipping Doug, the actual first nicktoons simply because it was bought by Disney. Even though reruns airs on The Splat, implying that even Nick still considers it canonically a nicktoon
Citation, please? If he's counting the DreamWorks cartoons despite Nickelodeon not owning the characters, I don't see why he'd skip Doug.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino