The Mysterious Mr. Enter / Jonathan Rozanski's "Growing Around" - IndieGoGo Campaign Failed, John going off the deep end

coach_mclurk

kiwifarms.net
Alright I can't wait for these idiots to realize Enter is not really supportive of gay causes and literally fetishizes crossdressing out of a sexual desire for self insertion.
Come to think of it, I've never heard Enter speak passionately about LGBT pride or struggles aside from that brief part in the indiegogo trailer Ava probably wrote. We've heard him rant on keyboard layouts, a pandemic that didn't affect him, cartoon characters being too mean, a random video game book he became obsessed with, website layout changes, etc. But where was Enter when gays were being disowned and beaten? Writing crossdressing fics with pedo undertones no doubt, but is that really enough for him to be dug in so deep with the LGBT community as shown on his discord?

CoconutCat

kiwifarms.net

Piga Dgrifm

Pita Griffin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Come to think of it, I've never heard Enter speak passionately about LGBT pride or struggles aside from that brief part in the indiegogo trailer Ava probably wrote. We've heard him rant on keyboard layouts, a pandemic that didn't affect him, cartoon characters being too mean, a random video game book he became obsessed with, website layout changes, etc. But where was Enter when gays were being disowned and beaten? Writing crossdressing fics with pedo undertones no doubt, but is that really enough for him to be dug in so deep with the LGBT community as shown on his discord?
He does claim to be asexual (Although the constant fetish-posting determined that to be a lie), and there is a lot of spergy debate about whether being asexual makes you LGBT or not. I don't know what Enter's stance on that whole argument is, but it's surprising he's never talked about it given his obvious desire to hide his kinks behind a veil of LGBT pandering.

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
Rule of thumb: Enter will never speak passionately about a subject unless it affects or used to affect him personally, Even the pandemic has a significant impact on his family (and by extension, his income.) I'm certain the only reason he bothers with LGBT stuff in his show is so he can check off another box on his "Things that good children's cartoons should do but the big bad corporate networks will never let them do" list. And every autist on the LGBT spectrum took his bait. Now, why they all seem to trust a bitter white male as their leader, I'll never know.

Last edited:

Bunny Tracks

You and I'll be safe and sound
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
Every time I think he's said the stupidest thing in the world, he keeps talking.

What the actual fuck?

Edit: Holy shit, I'm actually crying! This is hilarious!
So, according to this dumbass's worldview, every single girl on Growing Around (since IIRC not one of them are autistic or otherwise not "neurotypical" even though I personally think that's a dumbass term) above the age of thirteen should be pregnant because they never had this class about sex ed.

EDIT: I'm talking about that NNewt84 moron, not you Bunny Tracks. You're cool.

Piga Dgrifm

Pita Griffin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Rule of thumb: Enter will never speak passionately about a subject unless it affects or used to affect him personally, Even the pandemic has a significant impact on his family (and by extension, his income.) I'm certain the only reason he bothers with LGBT stuff in his show is so he can check off another box on his "Things that good children's cartoons should do but the big bad corporate networks will never let them do" list. And every autist on the LGBT spectrum took his bait. Now, why they all seem to trust a bitter white male as their leader, I'll never know.
Eh. There are gay characters is shows now. Enter's just doing it right and better by making the gay shit happen against the character's will in order to humiliate them.

Piga Dgrifm

Pita Griffin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
I'll give him points; That was actually a very good defense.

"I'm not giving this show another chance after three episodes of mediocrity!"

"You hypocrite! Don't you hate when people give up on your book after two chapters?"

"Not anymore. I completely understand them now. In fact, if you allow those critics to prematurely drop my book but not allow me to prematurely drop this show, I could say you're the hypocrite."

When you really think about it, in the back-half of Nick-O-Rama, he only treated those newer shows in the same way he thinks everyone treated Growing Around.

Reactions: The Decimator

coach_mclurk

kiwifarms.net
I'll give him points; That was actually a very good defense.

"I'm not giving this show another chance after three episodes of mediocrity!"

"You hypocrite! Don't you hate when people give up on your book after two chapters?"

"Not anymore. I completely understand them now. In fact, if you allow those critics to prematurely drop my book but not allow me to prematurely drop this show, I could say you're the hypocrite."

When you really think about it, in the back-half of Nick-O-Rama, he only treated those newer shows in the same way he thinks everyone treated Growing Around.
I don't really follow you on this one. Enter isn't even addressing the question, he's just agreeing that his book sucks. He could have just said he changed his mind whether its ok to drop a series after a bad start but instead it comes across like he's saying "it's ok when *my* series has a bad start because I agree that it did, but fuck anything else that had a bad start." The moment he published and charged money for that godawful book of his, he signed up to have his series mocked like this. If he says it's never ok to have a bad start, then it's never ok for him to pretend his bad start didn't exist.

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
I don't really follow you on this one. Enter isn't even addressing the question, he's just agreeing that his book sucks. He could have just said he changed his mind whether its ok to drop a series after a bad start but instead it comes across like he's saying "it's ok when *my* series has a bad start because I agree that it did, but fuck anything else that had a bad start." The moment he published and charged money for that godawful book of his, he signed up to have his series mocked like this. If he says it's never ok to have a bad start, then it's never ok for him to pretend his bad start didn't exist.
I know, it's a stretch. I'm just trying to understand his logic. "No, it's not okay that my series has a bad start. That's why I don't sell the book anymore. My cartoon is going to have a better start." Let's not inflate the criticism. His complaint is exclusively toward shows where you're required to trod through a few mediocre introductory episodes to understand and appreciate the rest of the series. You have to watch the first seven episode of "Bojack Horseman" before moving on to the rest. You have to watch Steven Universe be an idiot for 50 episodes before the lore war kicks in. You don't have to watch the first three generations of "My Little Pony" before jumping into "Friendship is Magic" (the only "good" generation.) You don't have to read the "Growing Around" book before following the cartoon. In fact, Enter strongly recommends you don't do that.

Don't get me wrong. The book still sucks, and everything about the cartoon says it will suck too. I've already said before that Enter has learned nothing from the book, and the only reason his disavows the book is so he can deflect any criticism. The only part I agree with him on is that hypocrisy only applies if Enter still agrees with what he wrote. That's why I only address problems with the book when such problems could repeat themselves in the cartoon.

Last edited:

coach_mclurk

kiwifarms.net
I know, it's a stretch. I'm just trying to understand his logic. "No, it's not okay that my series has a bad start. That's why I don't sell the book anymore. My cartoon is going to have a better start." Let's not inflate the criticism. His complaint is exclusively toward shows where you're required to trod through a few mediocre introductory episodes to understand and appreciate the rest of the series. You have to watch the first seven episode of "Bojack Horseman" before moving on to the rest. You have to watch Steven Universe be an idiot for 50 episodes before the lore war kicks in. You don't have to watch the first three generations of "My Little Pony" before jumping into "Friendship is Magic" (the only "good" generation.) You don't have to read the "Growing Around" book before following the cartoon. In fact, Enter strongly recommends you don't do that.

Don't get me wrong. The book still sucks, and everything about the cartoon says it will suck too. I've already said before that Enter has learned nothing from the book, and the only reason his disavows the book is so he can deflect any criticism. The only part I agree with him on is that hypocrisy only applies if Enter still agrees with what he wrote. That's why I'll only address problems with the book if they could still be present in the current scripts.
Fair points but I'm still inclined to believe Enter is only changing his point of view when it's convenient for him. He of all people should understand that not everything is gonna be perfect and that there are several reasons why a creator would release a product in an imperfect state. Deadlines, inexperience, executive meddling, budget issues, etc. It's all a part of learning to become a better creator. He has first hand experience with this concept so I don't get why he's showing no sympathy other than being an angry reviewer is what makes him money.

What's even funnier is that the pilot script of GA is not only awful but is one of the worst scripts in the series. But this is the one Enter chose to represent his show front and foremost because it includes themes he feels are essential for understanding the whole series.

Last edited:

Piga Dgrifm

Pita Griffin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Really, the issue is that he acts like since he took the book down, the problems with it no longer exist even though they still permeate the series to this day. It would be one thing if he disavowed it and actually applied the critique and whatever he learned from it, but instead he just pulled it down so that there would be one less thing to criticize while he continues to make the same mistakes and ignore what anyone has to say.

Aurora

kiwifarms.net
First of all, Growing Around was never going to succeed in the first place. John was just scamming you into paying for his crap cartoon. Anyone that worked this cartoon never got payed upfront for anything, not even the composer got paid. Plus, despite John saying that he'll give out refunds, it never happened and he closed his indiegogo down. I supported his campaign, slapping down $50 for it and i still have never recieved any refunds.
As for the donations, Indiegogo does do refunds but i still have not be refunded, even after Enter ended the campaign.
This is something I've never understood. I remember when his indiegogo campaign started and couldn't believe anyone would give him a dime. Why did anyone donate to this garbage?
Why does Enter attract SO MUCH hyper-fueled autism to this board!? I get that these kinds of people were why the Entersphere closed down all those years ago, but I'd have thought that after it got downsized to the one thread this shit would stop or that these people'd take a hint after so many years and so many instances of it happening to other users, but no: they just keep pouring in to grandstand against him, and it never stops!
Most kids see the trenchcoat and hat, then bolt by pure instinct. Autism reverses instincts.
Every time I think he's said the stupidest thing in the world, he keeps talking.

What the actual fuck?

Edit: Holy shit, I'm actually crying! This is hilarious!
This is something you make people held in Guantanamo Bay read over and over again.

The Pink Panther

Speechless
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, I fucking hate Discord jannies, what assholes. He was not being "homophobic", all he said was that he was uncomfortable with the parades. Even showing uncertainty with something instead of blindly accepting it is enough to make you get called homophobic and blacklisted from the server and then if you defend the guy that got banned from the server, you get knocked out. That's fucking totalitarian right there, holy shit.