The Mysterious Mr. Enter / Jonathan Rozanski's "Growing Around" - IndieGoGo Campaign Failed, John going off the deep end

New age retro hippie

NO SKATEBOARDS ARE ALLOWED ON THIS SACRED LAND!
kiwifarms.net
He's never even used the community tab on his youtube channel. He's awful at communicating with his fans in general, not just the discord ones. He could easily update his subscribers on video progress, or even update them on growing around via this thing but he never does.
View attachment 1467437
Didn't know that he never used it but I'm not surprised.
One thing I was thinking about is if, after advertising it, he actually told his fans in a proper way that the Madoka review isn't coming anymore. He said so in a comment of one of his journals but now that his Deviantart has been nuked there's no way to find it anymore.

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
You're right about everything but the last part. In "Flip Flopped," the kids acted exactly like adults and the adults acted exactly like kids, dodging the moral in favor of an extended visual gag. I can agree with Mr. Enter that it was an incredibly stupid cartoon, but for a world where kids rule over adults, "incredibly stupid" is the only way it can function. The smarter you try to make it, the faster it falls apart.
Go figure the one thing that does against the grain (in addition to likely being shit in general, I've never bothered watching it which is why I didn't even remember its name) is the one Enter latches onto despite calling it stupid.

It also explains why he has so much of a reliance on extended and poorly executed visual gags I.E. the "Are we there yet" where the kid is driving the car. I know CWCville comparisons are a dime a dozen here but it seems to be extending into 'just like CWC ripping off the American Rabbit with the whole 'Thank you father' cover" territory.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Grumpy Pickle Rick

m62259

Master lurker.
kiwifarms.net
Its especially ironic given the entire basis of GA reversing age roles is based on a standard trope that many episodes do essentially to prove the exact opposite - namely, why kid-first utopia would collapse like a house of cards (and the only reason they don't immediately fall apart is because a lot of real world issues are stripped out for children to even understand the message, you can't just have crazy Iranian child bombers smashing 747s and A380s into playgrounds and shit because children probably don't understand the reasoning behind suicide attacks in the first place).
Has John ever read lord of the flies? i'm assuming not...

Optimus Prime

kiwifarms.net
Has John ever read lord of the flies? i'm assuming not...
He'd argue that Lord of the Flies would not apply because that was a bunch of kids that survived an airplane crash arguing over pigs heads and sea shells, whereas with GA it's been the way of the world because kids could beat in the heads of dinosaurs in some incredibly dumb and simplistic way where Enter apparently assumes humans lived alongside the fucking dinosaurs, who also all only had long thin necks.

Yeah, let's see a neanderthal kid beat in a fucking T REX head with a rock. That'll go well.

• Winner
Reactions: Grumpy Pickle Rick

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the late reply, but what exactly do you mean by that?
It’s a special kind of passion that only a sperg can have. While non-autists will tire of routine, autists despise change and prefer to remain comfortable in the mundane.
This, autistics (particularly children) like to have a routine of familiar activities to keep them from sperging out.

If he's been at this for so long that's become a comfortable, familiar part of his daily life, he's probably still doing it just to be doing it, as opposed to feeling obligated.

Corsola

kiwifarms.net
He'd argue that Lord of the Flies would not apply because that was a bunch of kids that survived an airplane crash arguing over pigs heads and sea shells, whereas with GA it's been the way of the world because kids could beat in the heads of dinosaurs in some incredibly dumb and simplistic way where Enter apparently assumes humans lived alongside the fucking dinosaurs, who also all only had long thin necks.

Yeah, let's see a neanderthal kid beat in a fucking T REX head with a rock. That'll go well.
Didnt he say that kids became dominant because they could crawl through holes to get away from dinosaurs or something? Like the prehistoric world was set up like a fucking Metroidvania with convenient shortcuts and morph ball passages wherever you need them.

tamago

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hate that mod. Cerra.

When I went on Enter's server a few months ago for the lulz, he banned me for persisting on asking questions. You ask too many questions about Daddy Enter and criticize the mod, he'll ban you for wrongthink.

He's also a degenerate that cosplays Growimg Around characters. Fuck that guy.
Does he cosplay the female ones?

• Horrifying
Reactions: Master Shake

Optimus Prime

kiwifarms.net
Didnt he say that kids became dominant because they could crawl through holes to get away from dinosaurs or something? Like the prehistoric world was set up like a fucking Metroidvania with convenient shortcuts and morph ball passages wherever you need them.
The kids crawled into holes...so that when the dinosaurs stuck their heads in, the kids beat the dinosaurs to death with rocks.

This is legitimately the in-universe excuse for why its a kid-first society.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
The kids crawled into holes...so that when the dinosaurs stuck their heads in, the kids beat the dinosaurs to death with rocks.

This is legitimately the in-universe excuse for why its a kid-first society.
There are multiple holes with that shit:

1. Why would values from the fucking Jurassic era still hold up to the modern day?

2. How the fuck would literal children kill dinosaurs with rocks? Unless they had convoluted traps with boulders (which is highly unlikely), they wouldn't even deal with them.

3. Why would the kids who killed the dinosaurs with rocks give children more rights than them especially as they get older?

4. Why would there even be fully evolved humans in the same age as the dinosaurs?

Of course most of these points can be waived off as just a cartoon but it's only an issue given how seriously Enter takes Growing Around and how he wants it to be viewed in the same vein as Bojack Horseman.

Mr Roboto

kiwifarms.net
Hate that mod. Cerra.
He's also a degenerate that cosplays Growimg Around characters. Fuck that guy.
I want to see photos just for the autism, but I know it will be horrifying
I think he has mentioned LOTF before in one of his journal entries and I think he was critical of it. Growing Around will just be LOTF but done right

CoconutCat

kiwifarms.net
He'll either label it "made for kids" and accept the lack of comments or ad revenue (This cartoon was "not made to be profitable," after all,) or his stubborn ass will take the risk, say "not made for kids" and challenge the FTC to deliver on their "shooting fish in a barrel" claim. To my knowledge, no channel has ever been fined or taken down by the FTC directly, so Enter might just try to call their bluff.
Looks like we have an answer:
NFK.png

Of course, if Enter actually did his research, he'd know content that's "for kids, but not exclusively" still counts as kids' content: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9684541
Mixed audience content, on the other hand, is considered a type of Made for Kids content. This is content that targets children as one of its audiences, even if it's not the main or primary audience, and that qualifies as child-directed after balancing the factors described above.
If you're going to act all superior and make snarky remarks towards your fans, you should at least know what the fuck you're talking about.

DickMain

The day Dick graced your village
kiwifarms.net

1. Why would values from the fucking Jurassic era still hold up to the modern day?

2. How the fuck would literal children kill dinosaurs with rocks? Unless they had convoluted traps with boulders (which is highly unlikely), they wouldn't even deal with them.

3. Why would the kids who killed the dinosaurs with rocks give children more rights than them especially as they get older?

4. Why would there even be fully evolved humans in the same age as the dinosaurs?

Of course most of these points can be waived off as just a cartoon but it's only an issue given how seriously Enter takes Growing Around and how he wants it to be viewed in the same vein as Bojack Horseman.
But what happens when kid gets big?

Also, there were smaller dinosaurs. And lots of other, smaller, not-dinosaur things that could kill just as easy. But dinosaurs.

Optimus Prime

kiwifarms.net

The whole stupid concept itself actually does present some insight to how Enter answers uncomfortable questions, because obviously the real answer is 'he didn't think about how this society was set up'.

Primarily, I'm almost certain he went with this answer because the first thing that came to mind about what kids have that actually an advantage over an adult (since we were all pretty clueless, needy little shits as children) is kids can fit into small spaces.

Secondly, he wanted to back date this hard so that it was always this way in the world of GA, so he went all the way to the beginning of man's existence on the face of the Earth.

But what could children do in small spaces? Maybe they crawl in there and prove their dominance by killing big things. What are big things back then that in numerous cartoons (remember who we're talking about here) seemingly existed alongside cavemen? DINOSAURS.

Thus, kids beating dinosaurs to death in small holes was the answer.

I think he has mentioned LOTF before in one of his journal entries and I think he was critical of it. Growing Around will just be LOTF but done right
If Piggy had only worn a dress, then he wouldn't have been beaten to death!

(Arrested Development narrator: Actually, it is more likely that Piggy would have died even sooner if he had in fact been a crossdresser).

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
Looks like we have an answer:
View attachment 1470150

Of course, if Enter actually did his research, he'd know content that's "for kids, but not exclusively" still counts as kids' content: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9684541

If you're going to act all superior and make snarky remarks towards your fans, you should at least know what the fuck you're talking about.
"Not just for kids"
You got it backwards, Mr. E. The "for all audiences" defense only works when you have an adult-oriented show that some children can enjoy; not the other way around. If you had gone into this show with a "Simpsons" approach, aimed for a high "PG" rating on primetime, then maybe it could work (Hell, it could even excuse some of the darker shit in your show because, if kids are disturbed, they're not the target anyway,) but no. You made your "compete with Nick and CN" bed, and now you have to sleep in it.

Last edited:

LiquidKid

If Lions Like It, You Know It’s Bad.
kiwifarms.net

The whole stupid concept itself actually does present some insight to how Enter answers uncomfortable questions, because obviously the real answer is 'he didn't think about how this society was set up'.

Primarily, I'm almost certain he went with this answer because the first thing that came to mind about what kids have that actually an advantage over an adult (since we were all pretty clueless, needy little shits as children) is kids can fit into small spaces.

Secondly, he wanted to back date this hard so that it was always this way in the world of GA, so he went all the way to the beginning of man's existence on the face of the Earth.

But what could children do in small spaces? Maybe they crawl in there and prove their dominance by killing big things. What are big things back then that in numerous cartoons (remember who we're talking about here) seemingly existed alongside cavemen? DINOSAURS.

Thus, kids beating dinosaurs to death in small holes was the answer.

If Piggy had only worn a dress, then he wouldn't have been beaten to death!

(Arrested Development narrator: Actually, it is more likely that Piggy would have died even sooner if he had in fact been a crossdresser).
The three biggest flaws are
1-any hole big enough for a dinosaur head to fit in would be big enough for an adult human to fit inside, especially since it would take multiple kids to kill each dinosaurs
2-how did the kids get out of the cave/hole after they trapped the entrance with a dead dinosaur
3-why would those kids arbitrarily give up power to other kids once they became adult age instead of just maintaining control until they died like most primitive civilizations

John's thinking doesn't even go that deep. He's a brony, My Little Pony had adult fans, therefore whatever work he makes has to be "for all audiences."
Ah yes, “there’s a ton of adult fans therefore it’s valid adult entertainment” the call of every autistic man-child in the brony community. At least most other cartoons aren’t made exclusively to sell toys to 4-8 year old little girls.