The Mysterious Mr. Enter / Jonathan Rozanski's "Growing Around" - IndieGoGo Campaign Failed, John going off the deep end

Buddy

Angry midget
kiwifarms.net
What I don't get is why Enter has such a large child fanbase when 90% of his videos contain swearing. I mean, sure, kids love that shit, but their parents don't!
Parents will buy their kids PG18 games and never bother to check the contents. A sad truth, but most parents can't be bothered to check if the shit their kids consume is too inappropriate for them.

Piga Dgrifm

Pita Griffin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What I don't get is why Enter has such a large child fanbase when 90% of his videos contain swearing. I mean, sure, kids love that shit, but their parents don't!
"YouTube kids" has been full of cussing and sexual content for years and no one really cares. Every so often people will complain about it, but most of the time parents don't give a shit what their kids are looking at so long as they aren't bugging them.

Chromeo

Put a record on
kiwifarms.net
WHAT context? When it is okay to be a total dick to your fans? Not somebody who was being a stalker or a weirdo, but a guy who just wanted to tell you he likes your stuff.

I can understand that sometimes people just have bad days and get snippy with people. It's not right but it's forgivable. But Enter is like this ALL THE TIME. THAT'S the context.
From what I could tell in the video, it was a common troll tactic to ping him (after the rules you had to read expressly said "don't ping Enter directly") and say "Mr. Enter I love your videos." Super low-effort trolling. So this person was virtually indistinguishable from a troll who doesn't actually care about Mr. Enter, breaking a rule of the chat room immediately. So I can kind of understand being curt in this situation, even though it doesn't seem to have turned out to be necessary.

Now if he wasn't curt literally all the time....

Piga Dgrifm

Pita Griffin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From what I could tell in the video, it was a common troll tactic to ping him (after the rules you had to read expressly said "don't ping Enter directly") and say "Mr. Enter I love your videos." Super low-effort trolling. So this person was virtually indistinguishable from a troll who doesn't actually care about Mr. Enter, breaking a rule of the chat room immediately. So I can kind of understand being curt in this situation, even though it doesn't seem to have turned out to be necessary.

Now if he wasn't curt literally all the time....
Didn't it become a troll tactic only after the Star Wars Fan thing happened though?

Leghorn Foghorn

kiwifarms.net
Parents will buy their kids PG18 games and never bother to check the contents. A sad truth, but most parents can't be bothered to check if the shit their kids consume is too inappropriate for them.
"YouTube kids" has been full of cussing and sexual content for years and no one really cares. Every so often people will complain about it, but most of the time parents don't give a shit what their kids are looking at so long as they aren't bugging them.
Seriously? Back in the old days, it used to be that parents got offended over the most trivial stuff - that was the whole point of the South Park movie, for example. Hell - when I was younger, my own mother used to get pissed at me watching the Angry Video Game Nerd and the Nostalgia Critic just because they swear all the time. Granted, she didn't go parading in the streets to get them banned, but she at least cared about not wanting me to have a foul mouth myself.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Seriously? Back in the old days, it used to be that parents got offended over the most trivial stuff - that was the whole point of the South Park movie, for example. Hell - when I was younger, my own mother used to get pissed at me watching the Angry Video Game Nerd and the Nostalgia Critic just because they swear all the time. Granted, she didn't go parading in the streets to get them banned, but she at least cared about not wanting me to have a foul mouth myself.
The South Park movie was made when adult animation was a new thing for television and parents can easily see what their kid is watching on TV. A good portion of parents also don't care what their kids are watching on the computer only because they don't check or kids have gotten more crafty on how access internet content. But still remember that a good portion of Enter's fanbase are also cartoon spergs who are way too old to watch children's cartoons clearly aimed at entertaining younger kids rather than the entire family.

• Agree
Reactions: White bubblegum

The Old Lurker

Yaoi Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
People just aren't attentive, I had to stop a parent a couple weeks ago from buying Stick of Truth for her 8 year old's birthday since she couldn't be bothered to check beyond it being a cartoony game on a system they owned.

On Youtube though there really isn't a good way to moderate your child's viewing habits outside of sitting besides them watching with them the entire time, and at that point you might as well do some more productive activities together. The flagging system in place for IDing children's content is terrible, and even when in that sphere the algorithm can push children out to the actual "cartoon community" where they end up exposed to people like Enter.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Pachyderm Patriarch

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just don't get why parents let their kids use the Internet anyway. Like, aren't there all sorts of weirdos they could bump into on there?
The internet is just the new TV. It's a free babysitter that they can shove their kids in front of so they can go drink and forget that they ever had them. It's depressing, and I fucking hate it, but that's why they do it.

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, it should be illegal to have kids if you're just going to abandon them like that.
As much as I hate it, I don't think it should be illegal if only because it would completely overpopulate our already overfull and abysmal prisons and foster care systems. I think if anything, we should be holding parents more accountable by public shaming, and the like.

I don't think it would do much, but it would be something.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
I’m curious if Enter has been doing some dumb shit on his discord as of late or he’s keeping quiet cause he is paranoid of the KiwiFarms spies

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Mr. Awesome Man

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
I’m curious if Enter has been doing some dumb shit on his discord as of late or he’s keeping quiet cause he is paranoid of the KiwiFarms spies
I wouldn't know. The channels where he's usually the most obnoxious are the ones on lockdown. Unless one of us is crazy enough to go through the "citizenship" process and leak info from there, we won't be hearing much.

CoconutCat

kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't know. The channels where he's usually the most obnoxious are the ones on lockdown. Unless one of us is crazy enough to go through the "citizenship" process and leak info from there, we won't be hearing much.
I have an account that's a citizen. Enter added a bunch of new "general" channels, including one called #the-dunn-house which is for discussions about Growing Around even though #summerway-park still exists.

Enter himself is becoming less and less active. He was completely inactive from Friday until last night, where he posted "I'm too sick to answer questions today" in the Q&A channel.