• “George has a different buzzer for every single logical fallacy“
  1. New Rule: If you declare your post is against the rules, it will be deleted.

The Mysterious Mr. Enter / Jonathan Rozanski's "Growing Around"IndieGoGo Campaign Failed, John going off the deep end

Discussion in 'Internet Famous' started by 2odastream, May 21, 2018.

Forum Guidelines

This board may be used for any YouTube content creators and livestreamers big and small. New threads should be made in the Proving Grounds.

• Archive everything! Nail these people to the fucking cross. Learn how to archive everything. I can't stress this enough.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. Failtrolls will be ridiculed mercilessly.

@Null (especially if you need to archive content)

Check out the Running Commentary thread for talking about ongoing or upcoming straems.

1. No... I have no idea about that... but the woman who I am 99% certain is Robobuddies, was his co-host in his first go-fund-me stream. I am fairly certain that she was presented as his storyboard artist. (seemingly most, if not all of the pictures in that stream were by her)

(Time stamp 23:24 is when she joins.)

I just checked, and Robobuddies apparently deleted the stream where she and her soyboy friends got "triggered" by reading Enter's published novel, but here is a random video from her channel for vocal comparison, make of it what what you will:

Again, I just checked, and Enter seems to concede that Robobuddies *was* a part of the "Growing Around" team in his post about why they're no longer friends... Admittedly, seemingly not as much of the process as I had previously thought... I admit, I could be mistaken.
    https://www.deviantart.com/mrenter/journal/Talking-about-the-Robobuddies-livestream-757282433
    (relevant quote) "The stream was originally a reading so people could donate so Robo could build up enough to purchase the $500 dollar perk of having one of her characters in the pilot. She had even asked me to be an animator on twitter, and had joined the DeviantArt group. Seriously or not, I do not know."

• 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    UnKillFill

UnKillFill I don't know what's going on either.

kiwifarms.net
  2. I may be wrong, but I believe that woman is ABwingz (Ava Leanne Berman). She makes comics about a gay girl (that I guess represents herself) and has a different account than Robobuddies on Deviantart. And I doubt it's an alt account since Robobuddies real name is Catherine Van Buskirk and this is her DeviantArt with different artwork.

Based on her art style, I'm honestly more inclined to believe she was asked to color or draw some GA storyboards/comics years ago rather than her being a current character designer. And remember, she wasn't credited in the later live streams just like Megan, Kyle, and the previous animator/environment artists weren't. So that may be proof she wasn't a current member of the team.

Someone should honestly look into Enter's creepish post about their conversation because there maybe more in there about her "contribution" to the project.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    RaisinBrandChad

RaisinBrandChad GottaSmash

kiwifarms.net
  3. The girl in the stream is Ava. She goes by the moniker ABwingz. Some of the art on Enter's deviantart credits her as both Ava and ABwingz. Here's her deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/abwingz

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. I will of course admit it if I'm wrong... (and you both offer valid proof that I might be)... But I still say they both sound eerily similar.. (do listen please)
    Hell, If I was mistaken, then I do indeed apologize.

• Like Like x 3
    UnKillFill

kiwifarms.net
  5. Or how about that Twilight Zone episode where the one kid gets God powers and basically makes everybody's life hell because he can make people vanish or die (or worse) if they even annoy him just a little bit?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Resident KF Transformers Expert

kiwifarms.net
  6. That is half-right; the book's not really making a commentary on children and more on society as a whole. However, the use of children wasn't mere convenience. The whole point of using kids was to show that even people who were raised in civilization can still succumb to the darkness in their hearts. That's why the sailor at the end is appalled that the kids didn't "know better" and why the kid who becomes the symbol of darkness in man's heart is Jack, who is basically the English equivalent of a boy scout leader.

The book proposes that even though the characters were children, the events in the book could very easily extend to grown-ups as well. The children angle was there to show even innocent people can, given the right circumstances, become murderous savages in the absence of proper authority and civilization.

Sorry for the little sperg-out, I'm a big fan of the book and seeing people misinterpret it annoys me.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Baldur's Gait

Baldur's Gait Huh, you're a queer fellow!

kiwifarms.net
  7. my guess mr enter hasn't seen it, since it isn't animated

• Winner Winner x 10
    andr0id psycho sho(ker

andr0id psycho sho(ker I destroy internet memes with my creepy stare!

kiwifarms.net
  8. Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 11.53.00 AM.png
    Educate yourself, Shitlord.

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Piga Dgrifm

Piga Dgrifm Where are those good old fashioned values?
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. But what if they were girls? Lol.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    UnKillFill

kiwifarms.net
  10. I'll admit I kinda jumped the gun in my post, considering I haven't even read the book. I'll take your word for it that that's what the book is about. Really I should have criticized Enter's juvenile handling of bringing up Lord of the Flies. He basically calls people mouth-breathing exceptional individuals who think reality and fiction are the same (ironic), then he acts like kids could never act like savages because Lord of the Flies was just being contrarian and people in the wild if left to themselves would totally become civilized 100% of the time.

"Get educated dumbass." Yeah because Enter is such a well educated guy with reasonable and sound opinions and he always does his research.

He doesn't seem to understand that people bring up Lord of the Flies because it's the most similar thing to Growing Around that people are generally aware of, so naturally questions arise about how Enter's world is supposed to be different. Because children aren't suited to being in charge. Shocker, I know. He can use the "but it's fiction!" excuse all he wants but the reality is that his world has neither internal logical consistency nor the tone to pull off a wacky scenerio you can just hand wave away. The comparisons to dystopia novels only escalate when Enter threatens to ban you for daring to question if the children run hospitals or if they're all just primitive savages who are unable to form a society that could actually function.

• Agree Agree x 12
    kiwifarms.net
  11. "Get educated dumbass" ...Coming from the one who despises College and refuses to go based on a campus rape statistic concocted by Feminists that is a falsehood.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  12. Weren't they making an all-girls adaptation film some time ago?

• Informative Informative x 2
    Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Resident KF Transformers Expert

kiwifarms.net
  13. Yes.
    thatsthejoke.jpg

• Feels Feels x 4
    UnKillFill

kiwifarms.net
  14. Kids are cruel, i though enter would understand better than most of us :hah:

• Agree Agree x 9
    the autist of dojima

the autist of dojima JUDGEMENT.HAS COME.TO YOU

kiwifarms.net
  15. I wonder if Enter ever read the Judy Blume book Starring Sally J. Freeman as herself, as that book and Growing Around are eerily similar. Both Sallys are utter unlikable cunts who behave reprehensibly, the family structure is similar and the scenarios between the two books are eerily close. If Enter has read it, then he should know that it is generally considered to be one of Blume's worst books due to Sally being a Mary Sue for her (She admits this in the afterward by the way)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    8777BB5

8777BB5 Keep her Sexy and Straightforward

kiwifarms.net
  16. So I'm watching Mr. Enter's review on the Adventures of Kid Danger and it's a typical "hurr low-effort cash grab cartoon is bad" episode but one part of the review stuck out to me. I don't mean to defend the cartoon because it is in fact garbage, but Mr. Enter's reasoning and analysis are also garbage. Anyway, there's a Back to the Future reference in the show where a monster grabs the Delorean and throws it, and it leaves a trail of fire and the car disappears through a portal. So why does Mr. Enter think this is bad? One of the reasons he gives is because Back to the Future doesn't take place in a universe with superheroes whereas the Adventures of Kid Danger does, which is a contradiction. Because creative liberties don't exist apparently. He then makes a point that this reference would have been clever 3 years ago but it just sucks now. I'm not sure why, he doesn't elaborate on it. "Thirdly, in the future the DeLorean have the ability to fly." I don't really know what this means either. Is he criticizing how the car in the cartoon traveled through the air as it was thrown by a giant monster? "Fourthly, Doc Brown abandoned the DeLorean at the end of the third movie." Ok? Who cares? "Fourthly (again) they drove directly toward the monster." Even though they were braking as they noticed the monster in front of them.

This is a trend in his reviews where he just nitpicks minor things that nobody could possibly give a shit about and acts like he's deconstructing what's fundamentally flawed with a given work. He also does the thing where he complains about characters acting spastic and having poor dialogue, failing to make the connection that Growing Around is infinitely worse. Finally, he just doesn't get that these shows are made for small children. You know, the people who have underdeveloped brains and very little experience with the world yet Mr. Enter thinks are capable of controlling the world. Children will laugh at and enjoy this kind of show which is all the producers are aiming for. There is a such thing as a target audience. It'd be like watching Dora the Explorer and complaining that it insults your intelligence. No shit, it's just supposed to be something you turn on to keep your kids busy and entertained for a while. It's not gonna kill them to watch a below average cartoon once in a while.

EDIT: I just want to add on something else I noticed. Enter loves to bitch and moan every time a character is introduced and their motivation and life story isn't explained right that very second. Like, there's a character who we're introduced to as he's searching for 2 identical pieces of popcorn. Ok sure, fine. That's really all we need to or care to know about him at them moment. But no, Enter has to accuse this of being the worst writing ever (another thing he does as of late is call every little thing the literal worst way to do something) because we don't immediately know WHY he's searching for identical pieces of popcorn. Even though anyone with a brain could assume that he's just doing it out of a spontaneous interest.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #836 mooo, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  17. “Doc Brown abandoned the DeLorean at the end of the third movie.”

...And? Did he seriously think this mattered?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Piga Dgrifm

Piga Dgrifm Where are those good old fashioned values?
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. People left to their own devices in the wild will form primitive societies. These societies are not necessarily civilized.

• Agree Agree x 14
    Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Bravokin

kiwifarms.net
  19. “Doc Brown abandoned the DeLorean at the end of the third movie.”

...just, what? In what universe does that matter?

• Agree Agree x 8
    kiwifarms.net
  20. Clearly he never watched the cartoon:

As for that review, I'll give him devil's advocate because the show makes it obvious that Schneider can't write cartoons for shit (especially later down the line). But to just focus on that part for a whole 3 minutes like anyone gives a fuck besides himself is just r.etarded. Not to mention the show makes it clear there aren't no rules in it, as in the first episode alone there's a popcorn monster and later there's a Kool-Aid man clone. So to complain about a Seltzerberg-tier cameo and not address that fact is very hypocritical given Enter's own cartoon expects us to do the same as Kid Danger wants us to- suspend disbelief.

• Agree Agree x 6
    Jewelsmakerguy

Jewelsmakerguy (Cheesy 80s music intensifies)

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.