• ”What's wrong with being subhuman?”
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)

The Mysterious Mr. Enter / Jonathan Rozanski's "Growing Around"IndieGoGo Campaign Failed, John going off the deep end

Discussion in 'Internet Famous' started by 2odastream, May 21, 2018.

Forum Guidelines

This board may be used for any YouTube content creators and livestreamers big and small. New threads should be made in the Proving Grounds.

• Archive everything! Nail these people to the fucking cross. Learn how to archive everything. I can't stress this enough.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. Failtrolls will be ridiculed mercilessly.

@Null (especially if you need to archive content)

Check out the Running Commentary thread for talking about ongoing or upcoming straems.

1. And yet, one of the side characters has gay parents.
    How did they get a kid is left unexplained

• Informative Informative x 3
    Someone

Someone Stop gendering genitals!

kiwifarms.net
  2. Well he made it a point to say that adoption still exists in this universe, so my guess is that parents constantly die as a result of the faulty infrastructure the kids make

• 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    LiquidKid

LiquidKid Same Management, New Name

kiwifarms.net
  3. But why would kids need parents?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Someone

Someone Stop gendering genitals!

kiwifarms.net
  4. I assume so they don’t live without a slave...
    Oh god, what happens in the situation when a 12 year old starts hitting puberty? Do they force their parents to take dirty pictures that they can then swap for pictures of other kids parents?
    fuck I hate that I had this thought, this whole thing gets more disturbing by the second

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net
  5. Your dirty thought just gave me another dirty thought: In this fucktard universe Do kids bathe their parents? Also do parents run around naked after they get done with their baths?

8777BB5

8777BB5 Keep her Sexy and Straightforward

kiwifarms.net
  6. I think Enter said that parents have the traditional role until their kids are old enough to walk and talk. There’s a comic that showed Linda (Autumn) and Robert being miserable taking care of toddler Timmy (Max) and baby Sally.

Though I wonder why the parent gives up their authority just because the kid can talk now? Are there nazi police kids patrolling houses to see if parents are obeying their kids? Why not just be a parent behind closed doors and outside act like the child?

• Feels Feels x 2
    RaisinBrandChad

RaisinBrandChad GottaSmash

kiwifarms.net
  7. You know how this could work? Make it a cabbage patch kids type thing where the kids are born from a seed or something and they only grow up in some rare circumstance, so the kids are actually older than the adults. It still be stupid, and that would make them Sprites or Fairies, but it would be easier to explain and raise less questions

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net
  8. This whole story and concept behind it is a huge headache. I'm not sure how Enter thinks any of this makes sense.

I question how many people will call him a hypocrite for using common plots that he normally frowns upon?

Edit: when growing around goes live, I mean, and has an episode or two out. Like that'll happen...

FreyaDerp

FreyaDerp beep beep im a sheep

kiwifarms.net
  9. Honestly I'm past the point of caring about the concept of Growing Around. There are cartoons with wackier concepts that turned out good. The only problem is that focusing so much on the lore highlights the flaws. Ideally Enter would just roll with the idea and have its shortcomings be carried by high quality writing. But that's exactly why I keep coming back to all this, because I know he's never going to improve his writing to a good enough standard.

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  10. He won't improve on something he likely feels he's already great at, but that's why having editors is nice or having more than one opinion. I still question the odds of him trying to do the kickstarter again...

FreyaDerp

kiwifarms.net
  11. This kind of Freaky Friday shit only works as a one-off because it makes no sense anyway. You might as well just say lol it's magic I don't have to explain shit because the moment you do the explanations just get creepier and creepier.

• Agree Agree x 2
    AnOminous

AnOminous sittin in the fabled catbird seat
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
    • Informative Informative x 1
    dunbrine47

dunbrine47 Rumpy Fish's Brother: Grumpy

kiwifarms.net
  13. why is enter now talking about facebook

• 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    Woomy

Woomy drinks all your Pepsi and calls you a bitch

kiwifarms.net
  14. The whole Technocracy series is basically his rationalization of his fear that he won't be able to get youtubebucks anymore one day.

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  15. he also seemingly doesn't realize that Technocracy = Scientists and the sciences dictate social and economic policies and thinks it means that Social Media/technology has Undue social influence.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. Are you really surprised the man who hates college yet never has been to one doesn't understand anything about science?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    SpergPatrol

SpergPatrol You're a faggot Harry

kiwifarms.net
  17. The wackier concepts still have adequate writing.
    Honestly, at this point if truly wants to put out a quality product, he should quit trying to write or direct and just become a producer. That way he can put together a team who could hopefully do a better job while still getting the final say on everything.

I doubt he’ll try Kickstarter again. The big problem with it originally was that he was too arrogant. Asking for $100k for one pilot episode is insane, especially when Long Gone Gulch showed up with an original concept that had better art and actual sample animation for their pitch and only asked for like $35k. His patreon and youtube money could finance a low budget pilot, but I don’t think Kickstarter will ever give him enough for a full budget episode.

It could work in theory if it were to take a muppet babies approach where it was well established that it was all make believe, but he doesn’t want that

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net
  18. I doubt it as well, but if he does...he needs to aim for a lower goal. 100k was just crazy. Personally, I wish he did have some sort of pilot for us to go by, so we can understand this idea alittle better. But like you said, it's probably not going to happen.

I don't get why he couldn't use his own funds to provide the animators for a simple pilot...it doesn't have to be anything spectacular. We just want to see the story and how it plays out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    FreyaDerp

kiwifarms.net
  19. It was $350k for the one episode with no plans on how to make more lol. It was funny how he justified the cost by saying Long Gone Gulch had cheaper animation costs because the creator was an animator. Which may be true to an extent, but they weren't saving $350k. What's funny is that if Enter enabled flexible funding or whatever it's called, he'd have $10k right now that he could use to fund a short animation or a series of graphic novels.

What animators? He was never in contact with any animators as far as I know. His plan was to wait for money to come in then hire multiple animation studios to make short clips, then decide which one he liked best and go ahead with them but he couldn't name any animation studios when he was asked. Man, now I want to rewatch the indiegogo streams because of how absurd and ignorant they were.

kiwifarms.net
  20. The plan he gave was that Growing Around would get its own separate Patreon, and that it would pay for the next episodes.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Piga Dgrifm

Piga Dgrifm Where are those good old fashioned values?
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.