The New Fantastic Beast Film is Appearently Racist - She can't keep getting away with this!!

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
I think someone said that the actress who was originally going to play her was Indonesian, but she had to drop out when she found out she was pregnant.

omori

go the fuck to sleep
kiwifarms.net
Former Potter-tard here.

Looks like Rowling dipped her hand into the bag of fan theories and head cannons once again. I recall the "Nagini is actually an animagus (witch/wizard that can transform into an animal)" theory being around years before Deathly Hallows, possibly around Order of the Phoenix. It's almost as laughably bad as Cursed Child being discount My Immortal.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bumping because Jenny Nicholson did a video about the film listing the dumbest moments in it--and she takes a jab at the apparent racism in the film. The Nagini thing is one part of it, but there's another moment of apparent racism as part of a character's backstory which needs to be heard to be believed--or not because it's so fucking ridiculous and sounds like a hot mess. Timecoded:
Watch the whole thing regardless, but the timecode is relevant to this thread.

Also Grindlewald is apparently a Nazi but he actually wanted to stop the Holocaust from happening. And his crimes were never stated. She also said she saw it at an early screening for fans and people actually left the theater during the climatic battle.
:story:

Midlife Sperglord

Sperging over console gaming.
kiwifarms.net
I don't think that you'll have to wait years to forget about this movie. Hell they might not even finish the film series if they don't make any money. Lol

Hell, I saw it last weekend, but the thing is that all of those expensive CG special effects are now not as new and shiny as they used to be. Especially when they serve a story that is as..... well, average as this one. It is not even mediocre enough to be memorable.

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
Bumping this because I saw it today and I loved it. One thing that did strike me, is that it's a lot darker than the original HP movies -- it's not something I'd take a small child to, unlike the original HP movies.
I also think that a person would enjoy it even if they had never read the HP books, nor saw any of the movies, but having done so just adds to it.

The whole Nagini thing was much ado about nothing. Other than her turning into a snake, she had no stereotypical Asian accent, no "exotic aura" about her, she wasn't a villain (I'm assuming that'll come later), so everyone got themselves all worked up for no reason whatsoever.

(I don't care if it's popular with Kiwis not to like Harry Potter stuff. If I want to like something, I will, goddammit)

UnKillShredDur

Tonight I dine on Christmas soup...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't wizards in JK. Loling's world canonically own slaves? (Even well past the point where us lulggles have ended such silly notions?) How the hell can she pretend to still be woke when she's obviously racist as fuck? lul.