The NFL Thread

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

Who's going to win Super Bowl 56?

• Cincinnati Bengals

Votes: 80 70.8%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 41 36.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InteracialBowelSyndrome

Speak of the Farmer, and he shall appear.
kiwifarms.net
Why isn't Mond starting? Personally, I never thought he was all that great at A&M overall but jeez, at least see what the rookie's got.

Wish I knew. We drafted him. We're not winning anything this year, so may as well see what the new kid can do. We know what we are getting with Mannion. A billion handoffs to RBs.

Fuck I hate Zimmer.

Sex Cannon Lupa

kiwifarms.net
Kirk Cousins has the Kung Flu and Sean "Never Threw a Touchdown" Mannion is starting. If I thought we had a chance at making the playoffs I'd be mad. Instead I'm just gonna enjoy the circus.
Go to r/nfl if you want to be reminded that left-wingers aren't human. They are literally a hair's breadth away from calling him a plague rat.

Techpriest

Praise the Machine Spirits
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Go to r/nfl if you want to be reminded that left-wingers aren't human. They are literally a hair's breadth away from calling him a plague rat.
I mean he is a god damn idiot and should have gotten the shot, and now he's completely thrown away a wildcard game chance. Nice going Kirk.

Iron Hamster

Days Reddit has waited for DSP apology: 46
kiwifarms.net

Former NFL coach, player Dan Reeves dies at 77​

The Associated Press
13h ago

ATLANTA (AP) — Dan Reeves, who won a Super Bowl as a player with the Dallas Cowboys but was best known for a long coaching career highlighted by four more appearances in the title game with the Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons, died Saturday. He was 77.

A statement released by his family through former Falcons media relations director Aaron Salkin said Reeves died of complications from dementia. The statement said he died “peacefully and surrounded by his loving family at his home in Atlanta.”

“His legacy will continue through his many friends, players and fans as well as the rest of the NFL community,” the family said.

Reeves was a versatile player who played a key role in the Cowboys becoming an NFL powerhouse in the 1960s under Tom Landry, but his own coaching career — stretching over three teams and 23 seasons — is where he truly left his mark on the league.

Just 37 when he took over as coach of the Broncos in 1981, he built a team around quarterback John Elway that made three Super Bowl appearances over his 12-year tenure.

But Denver never won a title under Reeves, getting blown out in all three of its trips to the title game.

After a bitter parting from the Broncos, Reeves moved to New York to coach the Giants in 1993.

He was fired after four seasons but quickly caught on in 1997 with the Falcons, a homecoming for the Georgia native who grew up in Americus.

In just his second season with a franchise that had experienced little success, Reeves guided a team known as the “Dirty Birds” to a 14-2 record in the regular season and their first trip to the Super Bowl.

Reeves again came up short of a championship, losing to Elway and the Broncos to leave him with a 0-4 mark as a Super Bowl coach.

Reeves engineered a trade that brought Michael Vick to the Falcons and remained as coach until the 2003 season, when he was fired after the team won just three of its first 13 games.

He ended his coaching career with a record of 190-165-2.

Reeves remained in Atlanta after his retirement, most notably serving as an adviser to Georgia State when it launched a football program that now plays in the Sun Belt Conference.

___

Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at https://twitter.com/pnewberry1963
_________________________________________________________________________________________

God I hate dementia

BSC

Legendary Respecter of Women
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
:story: :story: :story:
In the 3rd quarter of the Bucs-Jets game, AB chimped out, ripped off his shirt, and ran into the locker room.

edit: a couple of memes I stole from twitter
disconnected.jpg
ride.jpg

edit 2: AND HE'S GONE LMAO [L/A]
gone.png

Last edited:

Absolutego

Thunderdome Despot
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In the 3rd quarter of the Bucs-Jets game, AB chimped out, ripped off his shirt, and ran into the locker room.

View attachment 2851696

View attachment 2851842
On the one hand, it's amazing he lasted this long. On the other, could it have really ended any other way?
EDIT: I really hope some other sucker team gets the Johnson/Talib duo for their games next year, Talib is fucking awful at sportscasting and just about never has a good idea about what to say.

Last edited:

Goyaanisqatsi

I just want to go to the beach
kiwifarms.net
On the one hand, it's amazing he lasted this long. On the other, could it have really ended any other way?
EDIT: I really hope some other sucker team gets the Johnson/Talib duo for their games next year, Talib is fucking awful at sportscasting and just about never has a good idea about what to say.
Talib as in Aqib Talib? Good lord, just the thought of that sounds horrendous.

I didn't think it could get any worse than RGIII on college games this year.

Speaking of commentary, I really like Mark Sanchez surprisingly. The way he talks about the game clearly illustrates why so many fucking teams kept giving him a shot after the Jets. He knows what he's talking about.

Iron Hamster

Days Reddit has waited for DSP apology: 46
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2851696

View attachment 2851842
lol. Yeah. As soon as he pulled the pads he was done.
End of KC-Cincy was fucking wild. 6 shots from the 1, managing the clock, last second chip shot. They got lucky but made it work.
The Burrow injury was odd too.

Absolutego

Thunderdome Despot
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I didn't think it could get any worse than RGIII on college games this year.

Speaking of commentary, I really like Mark Sanchez surprisingly. The way he talks about the game clearly illustrates why so many fucking teams kept giving him a shot after the Jets. He knows what he's talking about.
Yeah, Fox has decided Aqib Talib makes for a good color commentary guy. He does not.

thyme's up

kiwifarms.net
Is he worse than Witten?

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
He is. The play-by-play guy keeps trying to set him up and getting nothing.

PbP - "Hey that catch was great, you were a cornerback, could you tell us what happened here." - as in "I saw something cool that the WR did in his route but I'm going to let you say it."

AT - "Oh, ya know man, he uh he got it done. He worked."

Fucking awful.