The NFL Thread

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

Who's going to win Super Bowl 56?

• Cincinnati Bengals

Votes: 80 70.8%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 41 36.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Absolutego

Thunderdome Despot
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He is. The play-by-play guy keeps trying to set him up and getting nothing.

PbP - "Hey that catch was great, you were a cornerback, could you tell us what happened here." - as in "I saw something cool that the WR did in his route but I'm going to let you say it."

AT - "Oh, ya know man, he uh he got it done. He worked."

Fucking awful.
More than anything else, it gives me vibes of watching football with your "obviously peaked in high school as a lineman" uncle, where he keeps posturing about how much he knows about football, but when ever he's actually asked about something that happened in the game, mumbles platitudes into his beer and cusses out the refs.
Which is sad, because Talib obviously knows more about football than that dude ever did, but fuck me if he doesn't refuse to demonstrate it.

Techpriest

Praise the Machine Spirits
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
More than anything else, it gives me vibes of watching football with your "obviously peaked in high school as a lineman" uncle, where he keeps posturing about how much he knows about football, but when ever he's actually asked about something that happened in the game, mumbles platitudes into his beer and cusses out the refs.
Which is sad, because Talib obviously knows more about football than that dude ever did, but fuck me if he doesn't refuse to demonstrate it.
It’s more like, he knows it, he’s just terrible talking about it.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
He was spouting inflammatory rumors and speculation at a couple points like Uncle Dingus too.

"If this really is Russell Wilson's last home game as a Seahawk..."

Holy shit, shut the fuck up. You are a color commentator not some jackass in the comments on Pro-Football talk. Show some goddamn respect.

Absolutego

Thunderdome Despot
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He was spouting inflammatory rumors and speculation at a couple points like Uncle Dingus too.

"If this really is Russell Wilson's last home game as a Seahawk..."

Holy shit, shut the fuck up.
You had to know that was coming the millisecond we were eliminated from playoff contention. I've resigned myself to hearing about Russ/Pete rumors for the next two months, until one of them actually does something or the media finds a new shiny object. Any prospective outcome wouldn't surprise me at this point.
I take that back - Russ leaving and Pete not retiring would surprise me. That would really surprise me.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
You had to know that was coming the millisecond we were eliminated from playoff contention. I've resigned myself to hearing about Russ/Pete rumors for the next two months, until one of them actually does something or the media finds a new shiny object. Any prospective outcome wouldn't surprise me at this point.
I take that back - Russ leaving and Pete not retiring would surprise me. That would really surprise me.
Russ' contract and cap hit means he ain't getting cut. Nobody would trade for that contract and this year's play either.

It's so crazy unlikely but part of this "blow everything up" thing the internet rumor mill is fixated on. They think that's how teams rebuild. Rather than, y'know, using the poor placing to draft some talent that could replace the starters.

I was here during the 90's. I know how rebuilds don't work.

Goyaanisqatsi

I just want to go to the beach
kiwifarms.net
After glancing at Mannion's stat line for tonight, there's no way Kellen Mond couldn't have done any worse. Stronger, yet less accurate arm and far more mobile. You could actually get away with running your offense purely through Cook because Mond's legs would have been able to keep the Packers defense honest and not stack the line.

Zimmer is a fucking retard and so is Judge and Nagy.

Wallace

kiwifarms.net

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
I feel like Mike Glennon only throwing 11 passes to 40 rushing plays should be mentioned more. And that somehow underestimates the difference because I think he was 2 for 5 going into the 4th quarter. The Giants finished this game with NEGATIVE passing yards including sacks.

Why the hell not just give Fromm the ball after the first two turnovers?

Techpriest

Praise the Machine Spirits
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel like Mike Glennon only throwing 11 passes to 40 rushing plays should be mentioned more. And that somehow underestimates the difference because I think he was 2 for 5 going into the 4th quarter. The Giants finished this game with NEGATIVE passing yards including sacks.

Because Judge knows his job is secure. He isn’t really trying to win.

Dennis Rodman

kiwifarms.net

I truly can’t understand how ANYONE thinks Glennon is a capable NFL QB. He’s been a disaster at every stop in his pro career.

Goyaanisqatsi

kiwifarms.net
Jake Fromm struggles in his first start and he's a lost cause. Mike Glennon puts up similar numbers or worse in his 20th start and it's just a part of the game. Shit like that is what annoys me about the pro game.

Also, Baker has no business being on the field tonight. He's honestly had no business playing the rest of this season after that string of injuries. I don't see how a cripple gives you a better chance at winning than even Case Keenum. Still better than DeShone Kizer though.

spinal gas chamber

kiwifarms.net
Baker hasn’t been good. The Manningcast has been solid though.

E: how the fuck was goodell a better guest than snoop dogg. I expected something like marshawn but nope

E2: he was apparently supposed to play for the Patriots for their super bowl win when the helmet catch game happened and then called in sick lol, that was a good story. It was true also: https://www.bostonherald.com/2008/02/05/the-consolation-prize/

Last edited:

TowinKarz

Someone lied? On the internet? Really?!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On the one hand, it's amazing he lasted this long. On the other, could it have really ended any other way?
Nope, the dude has a hard-coded self destruct timer over his head that constantly counts down..... and people STILL sign him expecting him not to tardrage his way off the team when it hits 00:00.

Frankly, I don't know who's dumber at this point, AB, or those who keep giving him chances as his list of red flags just grows with every iteration.

Incompetent

kiwifarms.net
I'm still pissed that they listened to Rod Marinelli and picked 🌮 over TJ.
13543875648.png

Goyaanisqatsi

kiwifarms.net
My preseason pick of Bucs or Cardinals versus the Bills ain't looking too hot right now. The way the Packers are playing currently, kind of hard seeing any other NFC team standing in their way.

AFC looks wide fucking open right now. Bengals are on fire at the right time and the Titans will get Derrick Henry back most likely, so that just adds even more intrigue. All I know is that would be honestly surprised if the Chiefs were able to make their third straight Super Bowl this season.

Mullti Port RDRAM

my pronouns are cob/webs
kiwifarms.net