The NFL Thread

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

Who's going to win Super Bowl 56?

• Cincinnati Bengals

Votes: 80 70.8%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 41 36.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elwood P. Dowd

kiwifarms.net
Big Ben watching this game sweating like an 18 year old girl he just bought a drink for.
Hasn't he found Jesus now or something?

Edit:
1641820293693.png
Feel free to make fun of my picks. Patriots homer? Not me. I suppose the Bungles going to the Conference finals is probably my hottest take, since KC is kind of a beast at home, but I'm just not sold on them somehow. Still, I did this without even attempting to figure out who is hurt, when they're coming back and so on. (e.g. Patriots without Barmore is even more ominous than their shitty play in Miami yesterday.)

Last edited:

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
My Giants somehow managed to limpdick into the offseason in a more pathetic fashion than I expected.

However, the Steelers/Ravens game and Chargers/Raiders games were probably the two games I've enjoyed the most this season. Truly remarkable games filled with two teams that really wanted to win. It was amazing.

Cpl. Long Dong Silver

Mad Lad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel bad for you guys because it's clear at this point nothing will change until Mara dies, and unlike Virginia McCaskey, Mara's only in his late 60's, not pushing 100.
Yup just like the Bears. When you have an owner that treats the team like a small family business you get small family business returns.

Fuck that old bag Virgina. Just crack open red grange's grave and throw her in there then seal it up.

Absolutego

Lay Down Upon This Heap of Orange
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dude the Dolphins fired Brian Flores after winning 8 of their last 9, WTF is going on in Miami??
I expected Zimmer and Nagy to be casualties of Black Monday, but holy shit Miami came in with the upset.

Yup just like the Bears. When you have an owner that treats the team like a small family business you get small family business returns.

Fuck that old bag Virgina. Just crack open red grange's grave and throw her in there then seal it up.
See also: the Bengals and Mike Brown.

Goyaanisqatsi

I just want to go to the beach
kiwifarms.net
Dude the Dolphins fired Brian Flores after winning 8 of their last 9, WTF is going on in Miami??
I expected Zimmer and Nagy to be casualties of Black Monday, but holy shit Miami came in with the upset.
What's especially hilarious about it is that one of the reasons for firing him is the high turnover rate on his coordinators and assistants.

So their course of action was to further increase that turnover rate by firing the head coach and the rest of his staff.

Tua is never going to reach his full potential if he has to keep learning new offenses every year or two. Same thing crippled Vick in Atlanta before the whole pitbull debacle.

Techpriest

Praise the Machine Spirits
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

See also: the Bengals and Mike Brown.
Why the hell did they fire Flores?! He’s turned the Dolphins from a wreck to a playoff contender.

Techpriest

Praise the Machine Spirits
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even more impression given Miami's QB situation
At this point I think Grier has the owner's ear and drove Flores out because he wasn't willing to play ball with whatever FO shenanigans he had in mind.
Yeah this smells of either owner or GM meddling. Or Flores took an interview somewhere without permission. Only reason I could think for axing him now.

Goyaanisqatsi

I just want to go to the beach
kiwifarms.net
I've seen a lot of people bitching about Rhule staying put too but to be fair, who the hell could get a good product out of that current situation?

Dude made the jump to the pros because he thought he could have a team built around McCaffrey and he's only had him available for what, 12 games total in two years?

NFL NEEDS to make a ruling on the Deshaun Watson bullshit soon because I think he'd be a perfect fit for the Panthers. If I were the Broncos or Falcons, I'd keep an eye out on him too.

Absolutego

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've seen a lot of people bitching about Rhule staying put too but to be fair, who the hell could get a good product out of that current situation?

Dude made the jump to the pros because he thought he could have a team built around McCaffrey and he's only had him available for what, 12 games total in two years?

NFL NEEDS to make a ruling on the Deshaun Watson bullshit soon because I think he'd be a perfect fit for the Panthers. If I were the Broncos or Falcons, I'd keep an eye out on him too.
Rhule went all-in on Darnold and thought the constantly injury-prone McCaffrey was a good block to build a team around, he's earned his detractions.
The NFL isn't doing shit re: Watson until both the civil court and Houston PD do. Until then, he'll rightfully remain a radioactive piece of who-knows-what for every team in the league.

Iron Hamster

Days Twitch has waited for DSP apology: 363
kiwifarms.net
Yeah this smells of either owner or GM meddling. Or Flores took an interview somewhere without permission. Only reason I could think for axing him now.

Dolphins fire Flores after 3 seasons due to reported power struggle

BrianFlores is out in Miami.

The Dolphins fired the head coach after three seasons, the team announced Monday.

Miami posted a 9-8 record this season, marking its second straight winning campaign under Flores. The Dolphins won just one of their first eight games in 2021 but finished the season on an 8-1 streak.

The 40-year-old, who began his coaching career as an assistant for the New England Patriots, leaves Miami with a 24-25 record. The Dolphins didn't make the playoffs during his tenure.

Miami decided to move on from Flores due to his deteriorating relationships with general manager Chris Grier and quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, according to Jeff Darlington of ESPN.

The coach was involved in a power struggle with Grier, who'll remain with the AFC East team, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross seemed to confirm Monday that Flores and Grier weren't collaborating successfully.

"I'll take all responsibility," Ross said, according to Safid Deen of USA Today. "I am the owner of the team. If it's not working, it's up to me. That's why we're making a change."

Flores is expected to be a prime candidate for head coaching jobs this offseason, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Rumors linking the Dolphins' vacancy to Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh surfaced quickly after Flores was fired. Harbaugh is reportedly expected to entertain NFL offers during the offseason, but Miami has no interest in pursuing him.

"I'm not going to be the person to take Jim Harbaugh from Michigan," Ross said.

The Dolphins' next head coach will inherit a roster with plenty of question marks, especially on offense. Tagovailoa has yet to meet expectations since being drafted fifth overall in 2020. The 23-year-old, who's 13-8 as a starter, passed for 16 touchdowns against 10 interceptions through 13 appearances this season.

Miami was reportedly interested in acquiring Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson in 2021, but the two sides didn't reach an agreement before the trade deadline in November.

Ross said he has no plans to pursue Watson in 2022, but he'll let the team's next head coach make the decision.

"It will be up to the head coach in what he does with the quarterback," Ross said. "I have a lot of confidence in Tua. And it'll be up to the head coach in what he wants to do with the position."

Absolutego

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thank Christ Nagy and Pace are finally out in Chicago. I'll take Flores, he can have some fun with Fields.
I gotta be honest, while Flores is a great fit for the Bears Defense, he doesn't seem like a great coach for developing quarterbacks.
Really worried Fields is gonna wind up in the same QB purgatory so many other Bears QBs have been stuck in if they hire Flores.