The NFL Thread

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Who's going to win Super Bowl 56?

• Cincinnati Bengals

Votes: 80 70.8%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 41 36.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
That was a tough roughing the passer penalty, but I can see that one going either way. It's a ticky-tack call from the Eagles side because he did pull up, but from the Bucs side, you can see Tom Brady's left leg (right on the TV) buckle in that weird way that causes ligament tears that the NFL is trying to prevent in the first place.

As an aside, wasn't the rule first created because of Brady's 2008 ACL tear, or am I thinking about a different type of hit? The one where a defender on the ground "leaps up" towards the QB?

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Are the Bucs this good or are the Eagles this bad?
It's both. Honestly, the Bucs don't even look 100% right now. The Eagles are THIS bad. They got into the playoffs by winning 6 out of 7, but it was two wins against Washington, one against the Giants (AND one loss), one against the Jets, one against the Saints with Siemian starting, and one against the Broncos. They also beat the Lions, Falcons, and Panthers.

Their win against the Broncos was probably the "best" win of the season, and their win against the Siemian Saints was their only win against a .500 or better team.

They lost both games to the Cowboys by 92-47, although one of them was a Week 18 "resting starters" game.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
Well, that's the game. It being a blowout and boring did inspire me to look up this Busch Light Clash at The Coliseum though. A bunch of Cup guys blasting around a 1/4 mile oval like the weekend-warrior Hobby Stocks should be entertaining.