The NFL Thread

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Who's going to win Super Bowl 56?

• Cincinnati Bengals

Votes: 80 70.8%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 41 36.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
First Wildcard Weekend under the new system is almost in the books.

• Raiders Vs. Bengals was a bit of a heartbreaker as the Raiders were my sentimental favorites coming into the playoffs. After everything they went through and all the bad press, that interim head coach and the players that made it to the playoffs held together and managed to stay solid despite having enough drama that would have tanked most teams. They almost pulled another rabbit out of the hat, but congrats to the Bengals for their first playoff win in over three decades.
  • Bills Vs. Pats was a complete prison raping. I picked the BIlls to win, but I had no idea it would be that bad.
  • Buccs Vs. Eagles went about exactly how I expected it to go. Buccs looked like they were coasting through this.
  • 49ers Vs. Cowboys had probably the most heart attack inducing final two minutes I've seen in a dog's age and it was entirely because of both teams constantly fucking up. It was like they were trying to out do each other in giving the game away. I was wrong about who the winner was, but I"m glad I was. I am always up for Cowboys losing in spectacular fashion.
  • Chiefs Vs. Steelers also went about how I expected it. Once KC got rolling, I knew there was no way the Steelers could stop them. Not the most glamorous sendoff for Big Ben, but that's how it goes more often than not.
The three teams I wanted eliminated because of personal hatred are the Eagles, the Cowboys, and the Rams (because fuck Odell). Two are gone and one more to go! Lets go Cards!

As for the new system, this is the first time we've gotten to see it in action, and to be honest, I'm not a fan. Adding a week 18 and a 17th game to all the schedules is just the NFL oversaturating themselves. As for the new wildcard system, there are two positives I do like. One is that it is kind of neat to have a Playoff Game on Monday Night. Second is that now, only one team gets a first round bye, so it makes that number 1 seed a bit more coveted.

The downside though is that it adds two more teams to the playoffs that have absolutely no business being there. The Eagles were the most unworthy team to make it, and the Steelers weren't too far behind. They got in because SOMEBODY had to be in those spots. That would happen sometimes in the old system, but it was rare. This new way of doing things increases the chances of mediocre teams limpdicking their way into the playoffs, and I'm not a fan.

The only thing I would have changed would have been to find a way to keep 7-9 or 6-10 divisional champions from making the playoffs. If you lead your division with a less than 50% win record, then your spot should go to a wildcard with a better record. But even that situation I just laid out is extremely rare.

This was a case of the NFL wanting more money which they knew they could get by having more games, but to me, its a case of fixing something that wasn't broken.

Fat Gay Riker

kiwifarms.net
The only thing I would have changed would have been to find a way to keep 7-9 or 6-10 divisional champions from making the playoffs. If you lead your division with a less than 50% win record, then your spot should go to a wildcard with a better record. But even that situation I just laid out is extremely rare.
Both Carolina and Seattle won their first playoff games with a losing record, and we got the BeastQuake out of it, so I'm fine with a playoff game for teams that win their division, since that's the entire reason to have them. I understand ot liking the 7th seed though, and I don't see the league being good enough to have a 7th seed make a run anytime soon, let alone pull a Giants and win the Super Bowl.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Both Carolina and Seattle won their first playoff games with a losing record, and we got the BeastQuake out of it, so I'm fine with a playoff game for teams that win their division, since that's the entire reason to have them. I understand ot liking the 7th seed though, and I don't see the league being good enough to have a 7th seed make a run anytime soon, let alone pull a Giants and win the Super Bowl.

Sure, they won playoff games under this system. Any team can win on any given Sunday. As they say, that's why you play the games. And once you make the playoffs, I guess everyone is 0-0 anyway, and its back to square one. I'm just bothered of a below 500 team winning a division (how bad does that division have to be for that to happen???) and making the playoffs and even getting to host a game, when better teams with better records can miss the boat. The same year that the Seahawks went in at 7-9 (and to their credit beat the defending SB champs in the first round), my Giants were 10-6 and missed the playoffs. It sucked, lol. There was also the season Brady went down, but the Pats were still 11-5, but they missed the playoffs.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
And at least the Seahawks and Panthers both at least won their first playoff game, with the Seahawks taking down the Defending Champion Saints, and Beastmode happening in that game.
They were better than their record. It happens. That's why they get automatic seeds. Sometimes divisions just wail on each other and everyone is broken.
The same year that the Seahawks went in at 7-9 (and to their credit beat the defending SB champs in the first round), my Giants were 10-6 and missed the playoffs. It sucked, lol. There was also the season Brady went down, but the Pats were still 11-5, but they missed the playoffs.
That's different. See above. You are just asking for more situations like this year where the NFCE sent two teams and they both were hot garbage. The NFCW sent three and only one looks like it belongs there.

I can't abide it.

spinal gas chamber

kiwifarms.net
They were better than their record. It happens. That's why they get automatic seeds. Sometimes divisions just wail on each other and everyone is broken.

That's different. See above. You are just asking for more situations like this year where the NFCE sent two teams and they both were hot garbage. The NFCW sent three and only one looks like it belongs there.

I can't abide it.
Yeah the 49ers should be fucked next week. But the Rams probably are too, as I don’t think they’re as good as they’re looking right now. I think the Cards are as bad as they look though.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
Yeah the 49ers should be fucked next week.
They are going to get absolutely wrecked.
But the Rams probably are too, as I don’t think they’re as good as they’re looking right now. I think the Cards are as bad as they look though.
Tough to judge by this game. They play each other all the time and know each other's tricks. But I do know that the Rams, namely Aaron Donald, are not something to be underestimated. They can be big trouble. They are a team better than their record. Better than the Cowboys, anyways.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
So were any of the six games this weekend objectively good? Bengals-Raiders was probably the best one and 49ers-Cowboys was the most hilarious one, but I think the other four were just straight blowouts.
Bengals-Raiders was good. Not memorable, well maybe if you a a cursed Cincy fan, but overall a pleasant football game to sit and watch.

Sitting through Niners-Cowgirls hurt my soul. How were these playoff teams? How was this the best the NFL had to offer?

The rest? Terrible. Blowouts. Non-competitive. I don't want to see good teams risk injury clubbing baby seals. I want to see good football.

Was this the worst Wildcard Weekend on record for what a snoozefest it was? It's gotta be close.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Was this the worst Wildcard Weekend on record for what a snoozefest it was? It's gotta be close.
It's amazing how it had 2 more games than any other year (except last year) but was more boring than any I can remember.

Which 1 or 2 seed is gonna lose this weekend? There's usually one. My bet is on Tampa

Shirō Ishii

War crimes? What war crimes?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Which 1 or 2 seed is gonna lose this weekend? There's usually one. My bet is on Tampa
I believe Tampa has the best chance at losing also despite it being QB'd by Brady. Their offensive line is banged up, their receiving corps is also banged up, and pair that up with the Rams defense and I can see them giving Brady a terrible time. As long as Stafford doesn't give the game away like he did against the Titans, then I think they have a shot.

I can see the Chiefs losing as well but I'm expecting that game to be a shootout. Hopefully Buffalo didn't put all of their energy into squashing the Patriots and saved it for this week