Votes: 45 81.8%

• Total voters

Absolutego

Burning in the Melting Pot
kiwifarms.net

Immortal Technique

©™
kiwifarms.net
Texans trade star WR DeAndre Hopkins to Cardinals for RB David Johnson and a 2020 2nd round pick.

Absurdly bad trade on the Texans' part. This is highway robbery to the extent that I feel like I'm getting bad karma after gloating about us stealing Clowney from them last year. Now the only other team in my division with a great quarterback has a top 5 WR1 in addition to his hall of fame receiver playing slot.
Yeesh, time to take the power away from ol' BoB. Nigga keeps getting fleeced in these trades. He's like the real-life Taco from The League.

• Agree
Reactions: Iron Hamster

Stormy Daniel's Lawyer

So it goes.
kiwifarms.net
Bill O'Brien is a complete idiot. He trades away arguably the 2nd or 3rd best receiver in the game for a over-paid, often injured flash in the pan, David Johnson who comes with a steep price tag.. I can't think of a team that wouldn't give up a first round pick to get Hopkins except for the Bunguls..

Army Burger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tom Brady will not be returning to the Patriots. Tampa Bay and the LA Chargers are the two teams most likely to sign him apparently.

Absolutego

kiwifarms.net
I guess that confirms Brady to the Chargers. No point moving to Tampa when his new production company is in Hollywood.
Plus if Brady has the reputation of doing things to benefit the overall org over just himself that he had before this free agency exercise, the NFL desperately needs at least one of the LA teams to look competitive to ring in the new stadium, and the Rams are currently falling over themselves after 2 seasons of trading away their future for missed Super Bowl titles.

Iron Hamster

Calculated chaos
kiwifarms.net
Someone was throwing around the rumor that Gisele hates Ca. so talking heads were scratching Chargers off the list. Haven't found where they got that story though.

GnomeofDoc

What? I like weird old guns.
kiwifarms.net
Someone was throwing around the rumor that Gisele hates Ca. so talking heads were scratching Chargers off the list. Haven't found where they got that story though.
Huh. Well guess my Chargers are fucked then, my daily fuck Dean Spanos goes out stronger this year. I am assuming that the talking heads are way off, but Bruce Arians is a way more experienced coach then Anthony Lynn but god damn I want a #12 in powder blue god damn.

Immortal Technique

©™
kiwifarms.net
Tampa just looks better on paper if I was QB; ya Evans, Goodwin, OJ to throw to with an offensive minded coach. I'm surprised the Chargers want him so bad when they're projected to be taking one of these QBs in the draft.

Army Burger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tampa just looks better on paper if I was QB; ya Evans, Goodwin, OJ to throw to with an offensive minded coach. I'm surprised the Chargers want him so bad when they're projected to be taking one of these QBs in the draft.
I imagine they'd want Brady to mentor whoever they drafted

Absolutego

kiwifarms.net
I can understand Rivers wanting to leave the Chargers because Fuck Spanos, but I thought he wanted to be close to where he grew up?
He moved his family already for his eventual retirement in Florida, my understanding (based entirely on occasionally watching Pat McAfee's show) is that he wasn't done playing football quite yet and was interested in playing another season with Frank Reich. Wasn't he basically the most successful OC the Chargers had during Rivers' time there?

Also Brady to Tampa remains weird enough I'll need to see his instagram post to believe it. The fact that the first sports journalist to claim he had the scoop was Colin Cowherd only reinforces that.

Army Burger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He moved his family already for his eventual retirement in Florida, my understanding (based entirely on occasionally watching Pat McAfee's show) is that he wasn't done playing football quite yet and was interested in playing another season with Frank Reich. Wasn't he basically the most successful OC the Chargers had during Rivers' time there?

Also Brady to Tampa remains weird enough I'll need to see his instagram post to believe it. The fact that the first sports journalist to claim he had the scoop was Colin Cowherd only reinforces that.
It's an interesting FA so far:

Brady to Tampa Bay
Witten to Las Vegas
Bridgewater to Carolina

And of course: LOL TEXANS

• Agree
Reactions: Wooo
Tags
None