• San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 50 79.4%

• Total voters

Iron Hamster

Calculated chaos
kiwifarms.net
It's never worth paying big bucks for a running back. They are the most injury-prone position in football, and have the shortest average careers out of any position, if my memory serves me correct. You're much better off drafting a new RB and investing that cap space elsewhere.
Does Cook remember he's already missed the equivalent of a full year?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Army Burger

FadeIntoBolivian

kiwifarms.net
It's about that time of year again where I start thinking "Shit, I really want football to come back"

It's too bad that on top of everything else, this is going to be such a massive dumpster fire election (if it happens) and the results of it either way will have half the country foaming at the mouth, probably rioting some more, etc - because that's basically at the peak of the football season and really has a lot of potential to derail the shit. Also I wouldn't be surprised if the quality of play goes down because players haven't had a full offseason to be at training facilities, work with new coaches where teams have gotten them, etc. The NFL as is practices less than it did in the past and I'm pretty sure penalties/shitty lineman play etc are more common because of it. Regardless, I remain optimistic that I'll be able to squander at least a few beautiful fall afternoons on the best sport this year.

• Feels
Reactions: Least Concern

Elwood P. Dowd

Gone Daddy Gone
kiwifarms.net
MLB still have a team in Toronto for now.
There's some strange idea kicking around that one of the Florida teams play half their home games in Montreal and half in Florida. I can't see the players going for that, but one never knows.

Cam Newton signs a 1 year contract with the Patriots

Stidham defenders, bitter Carolina fans and the entirety of the AFC East in shambles
The Patriots have next to no cap space, IIRC. Complete mystery to me how they pay somebody like Newton what he would expect. Strange incentive clauses that somehow aren't counted, perhaps? That's an aspect of the NFL I know little about.

Odd to think the AFC East might be Buffalo's to lose this year. Assuming there is a season this year.

FWIW, Brady going to TB was kind of whatever to me, even though I'm a Patriots fan. That's business. It is Gronk unretiring that kind of pisses me off. All that shit about injuries, and ... oh, wait.

Last edited:

Absolutego

Middleman who didn't do diddly
kiwifarms.net
There's some strange idea kicking around that one of the Florida teams play half their home games in Montreal and half in Florida. I can't see the players going for that, but one never knows.

The Patriots have next to no cap space, IIRC. Complete mystery to me how they pay somebody like Newton what he would expect. Strange incentive clauses that somehow aren't counted, perhaps? That's an aspect of the NFL I know little about.

Odd to think the AFC East might be Buffalo's to lose this year. Assuming there is a season this year.

FWIW, Brady going to TB was kind of whatever to me, even though I'm a Patriots fan. That's business. It is Gronk unretiring that kind of pisses me off. All that shit about injuries, and ... oh, wait.
The explanation I heard re: cap space is that there's two different categories of incentives, "likely to be beaten" and "not likely to be beaten", based entirely on the player's previous stats, and the "not likely" incentives count towards 2021's cap instead of 2020. Cam's contract is essentially the league minimum salary with $7.5 million in unlikely incentives, as sports journalists have reported on it. But the name is misleading, as you can set incentives literally 1 point higher than the player's stat record the previous year and it counts as "unlikely". Speaking of Gronk, apparently his 2018 contract was literally them adding a point to his total yardage, total catches, total TDs, and total snaps from 2017 and marking the whole shebang as unlikely incentives to be paid in 2019.

I think given the clouds of uncertainty around a season happening or not and the way the Panthers kind of screwed him in the offseason, Cam doing a prove-it-or-lose-it contract with a team that has most of what he would need to prove it makes sense.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Going back to the Redskins thing, the way I would handle it would to just be a sarcastic prick about it.

I would either:

A) Change the name into the most generic sounding thing ever. Like "The Washington Football Players" or the "DC Pro Football Athletes" or go for colors "The Washington Burgundy and Golds". Something completely innocuous, generic, and stupid, and when I announce the change, I'd go "Everybody's okay with this, right?" and when they boo I'd go "Well, its either this or Redskins and we already ordered jerseys with the new name, so tough cookies".

or

B) Pull a Cleveland. Sell the team to new owner and move theme out of town and let the new owners name them whatever they want. I would leak that the new name is being discussed, then call a press conference, and trick everyone into thinking I'm announcing a name change, and then go "I have sold the team and this franchise will be moving to Oakland/San Diego/Whatever and the team name will be decided by the new owners" and I would walk out of there the most hated man in DC, lol. The funniest part is, if it works out like it did with the Browns becoming the Ravens, they'll win a Super Bowl in 5 years!

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I hope they rename the team after Rosa Parks

because then it would make sense to have all of them sit on the bus instead of winning.

Poop A Loop

kiwifarms.net
Funny that a league filled with domestic abusers, abortion addicts, and just generally people who get away with assault because they're black and have money is now concerned about social justice and violence perpetuated by "The System".

The NFL is responsible for perpetuating more violence against women, children, and poor people simply because they enable their players to get away with more shit than the police ever were.

Last edited:

Absolutego

Middleman who didn't do diddly
kiwifarms.net
The NFL subreddit is hilarious now because of this. Everyone blamed it on "ignorance" initially to let him off the hook, and when him and a bunch of other players came out and said "we're sorry we quoted Hitler, but the quote is correct" it was like watching a whole room of robots kick off a defragmentation cycle.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Elwood P. Dowd
Tags
None