The obesity question - In search of a final solution

Penis Drager

the Supreme Pedophile of Pedophile Island
It says a lot about a country where one of the biggest, if not the biggest health concerns you're facing is that we are eating too much. This is a global trend that seems to find its epicenter in the US. Food is so damn plentiful and cheap that starvation is no longer an expected outcome for the hardest hit in times of strife, but a sign of a government system failing at nearly every level. More people die from over-consumption of cheap food worldwide than die from the lack of it. The opposite has been the norm for nearly 10,000 years if not longer.
The mark of prosperity that this is, and it certainly is, it presents a new problem with a new solution. The pseudo-libertarian approach has been fine, perhaps optimal, until now where our main food problems had to do with scarcity. If you let business do what business does (with maybe an extra leg up from the government where it is needed), production increases and price drops. But in this new world that we find ourselves in, we're facing a problem of human behavior. We are hardwired by natural selection to seek out calorie rich foods and consume as much of them as we can. It's only through education and self control that we don't all become the Globglobabgalab sans the books.

So my question is: what is the final solution to the lolfat question?

Penis Drager

Don't forget it's eating too much coupled with a lack of exercise.
We've only somewhat recently had such a sedentary lifestyle.
Well yeah, calories in/calories out and all that. But most of the calories used is metabolic rather than exercise related. That's not to say exercise doesn't help (eat same, exercise more, and you will lose weight). But exercise makes you hungry so focusing on that is actually a bad strategy if you're focused on losing weight. Exercise is still good for a million other reasons so definitely do it but the biggest indicator is how many calories you take in.
Slight power level, I've never weighed more than 170lbs and that was when I was playing sportsball in high school. I typically weigh in the 150-155 range and, being a hair over 6ft, that makes me a skinny fuck. These days, I never want to be fat, so I make it a bit of a point to wait 15 mins or so if I get hungry. If I'm still hungry, I eat. If the hunger passes, I wasn't really hungry, was I? My fat friend comments on how much more I eat than him and stay skinny despite being generally lazier than him, but it's because I gorge myself a few times a day rather than constantly taking in little "snacks" all day. Don't know what a nutritionist would say about that, but it works.

The problem is for most of human history, hell, most of life in generals history, there was never enough to eat. So we evolved cravings for high energy fatty foods and natural selection favoured those who found it hard to lose weight rather than those who shed it easily. But now, for the first time in history, we can eat as much as we like and the old animal instincts are killing us. Natural selection will eventually solve the issue, but there'll be a lot of pain and suffering in the meantime. And of course, when we eventually evolve the ability to eat an entire cow without putting on a single pound there'll eventually be a food shortage and people will drop like flies.

Penis Drager

Global trend? No it's not, unless you assume that the globe consists of North America and Oceania, you fucking shitskull.
Hey retard: Obesity is now a bigger problem than starvation globally.
To be fair, It's hard to get hard numbers on these things. DVT's cause heart attack, pulmonary embolism, and stroke which are very common causes of death. And DVT's are generally associated with fat fucks. But DVT's can happen to literally anyone, just to a varying degree.
"Starvation" is generally associated with malnutrition (which is counted under the "death by hunger" label) but malnutrition can happen in fat fucks who don't eat right too.

It's more complicated than how I presented it in the OP, for sure. But get fucked.

Global trend? No it's not, unless you assume that the globe consists of North America and Oceania, you fucking shitskull.
Looks like someone doesn't know how much junk food has now reached the third world and we now have some fat as fuck forest natives who can't fucking hunt anymore so they just wait by the river for the candy boat to come on down.

There now exists a sizable amount of fat as fuck people in many African countries. So we defeated starvation, but at what cost?

Ponchik

Death.
Reminder: this is what America does. It uses unprecedented and unsustainable prosperity to import illegals to slaughter animals and fry their meat so that we can stuff it down niggers' throats until they're too fat to walk. It literally trains people in the cutting edge of math, science, finance and management to erect offshore platforms to suck up the carbonized remains of extinct species in order to provide the necessary fuel for the spic-nig cycle.
I guess I never really grasped the goal of civilization before. Why did Newton discover calculus? What are Maxwell's equations for? Why did Mendeleev deduce the periodic properties of elements? The answer to these and to all questions: to stuff nigs with fried meat until they become crippled from overeating, then to provide them with heroic medical care until they gracelessly expire.

Penis Drager

the only way to hope to turn things around is returning to bullying fat people.
Consider, for a second, how much exercise they could get by going to camp. At camp, they could learn to concentrate on their personal health. I personally don't know of any time in history where people were sent to camps where they were intended to concentrate on something en masse. But maybe if we put a large concentration of certain people in a camp, there may be less of those people in the general population.

Nothing meaningful will be done, because you will never sell such a program to women even if you manage to sell it to men. What you care about from a health perspective is essentially body fat % and measures of belly fat, and those measures indicate female obesity in terms of health risks occurs almost always at a BMI of 24 which is "normal/skinny" now, and that's obesity not being overweight/overfat. Can you imagine a program where women are encouraged to have a BMI below 22 and probably below 21?

Idiotron

The last sane person on Earth
Monetary punishment won't do shit when the fat people are the poor. Really, the only way to hope to turn things around is returning to bullying fat people.
If that's the case then why is obesity mostly a problem in either English speaking countries or Arabic countries that have oil?
Poor countries don't seem to have these problems.
I think monetary punishment would do a lot.
Nobody wants to pay more than the neighbor, people would get mildly fit out of habit.
You would offer tax breaks and scholarships to the fittest and healthiest families, you would have an alpha nation in no time.

JudgementKazzy

That's Rad!
You would offer tax breaks and scholarships to the fittest and healthiest families, you would have an alpha nation in no time.
I think this combined with decreasing subsidies of wheat, corn, and other carbohydrates would at least fix the United State's unbearable fatty problem. As well as simply berating people for being obese.