The obesity question - In search of a final solution

It's a genetic propensity to higher hunger drives.

The cure will probably be something that blocks the effects of ghrelin, which would actually be able to stunt appetite and therefore reduce your caloric intake. Ghrelin mimetics cause the opposite effect and make you absolutely stuff your face (e.g. GHRP-6).

Creating a 500 calorie deficit with exercise alone is very difficult. Often approaching 45 mins to an hour of steady state cardio or the StairMaster. You're talking running about 5 miles. For me this is hard and I will be panting.

Killing appetite is at first best handled by food choices but then later even with low calorie dense foods it becomes torturous. Supplements like sibutramine are helpful then. Stimulants work but you're awake for longer and tend to overeat when the effects wear off as if to compensate. I used to weigh 240 lbs untrained and am 162 rn, but every member of my family on both sides is morbidly obese and I have a similar drive and preoccupation with eating.

Sleeping aids are the best tool overall. You're not eating while you're asleep. Knocking yourself out for 12 hours when you're starving near bedtime is just about the best way to restrict calories.

Absolutego

Middleman who didn't do diddly
True & Honest Fan
It's a genetic propensity to higher hunger drives.

The cure will probably be something that blocks the effects of ghrelin, which would actually be able to stunt appetite and therefore reduce your caloric intake. Ghrelin mimetics cause the opposite effect and make you absolutely stuff your face (e.g. GHRP-6).

Creating a 500 calorie deficit with exercise alone is very difficult. Often approaching 45 mins to an hour of steady state cardio or the StairMaster. You're talking running about 5 miles. For me this is hard and I will be panting.

Killing appetite is at first best handled by food choices but then later even with low calorie dense foods it becomes torturous. Supplements like sibutramine are helpful then. Stimulants work but you're awake for longer and tend to overeat when the effects wear off as if to compensate. I used to weigh 240 lbs untrained and am 162 rn, but every member of my family on both sides is morbidly obese and I have a similar drive and preoccupation with eating.

Sleeping aids are the best tool overall. You're not eating while you're asleep. Knocking yourself out for 12 hours when you're starving near bedtime is just about the best way to restrict calories.
Going for a half hour long walk every day and abstaining from empty calories like alcohol and soda/having reasonable sized meals is all it takes. This is an entire paragraph of fatty cope.

Going for a half hour long walk every day and abstaining from empty calories like alcohol and soda/having reasonable sized meals is all it takes. This is an entire paragraph of fatty cope.
Half hour long walks are shit. You will manage about 150 kcal. Useless. You need to be jogging for half hour to make a reasonable dent.

Cutting alcohol, soda, milk (e.g. coffee), and sugar (substitute that for fakes) is the easy stuff literally anybody can do without even trying.

Some people have very high appetites, then after the dirt simple token weight loss from that, hormones kick in hard in a deficit to stimulate appetite. That's when supplements are useful. Natty control over appetite is zero, you can only control yourself to not eat even though you will indeed be absolutely starving.

Some "healthy" foods like nuts are absolute conjobs.

I've starved literally every day of my life for at least 5 years now, it's the only way to maintain 150 to 160s in weight. This is how you do it. I only eat chicken, carrots, and Quest bars every single day, cutting at 1600 kcal 'cause I want to hit 155 lbs. Those bars are very good for satiation, the fibre content is pretty wild and the macros better than most meat. Oh also drink a fuckton of water, downing a litre or 1.5 litres of water can stave off a meal for an hour or two.

If not cutting I maintain at 2000 kcal and might make up the difference with plain popcorn kernels I pop with a machine, since I don't like eating TOO many Quest bars or the sodium content seems a bit dodgy.

Last edited:

ClownBrew

Drink the brew!
If that's the case then why is obesity mostly a problem in either English speaking countries or Arabic countries that have oil?
Poor countries don't seem to have these problems.

Mexico and the Philippines have some of the world's worst problems with obesity and beetus.