The Official Adult Swim Griefing Thread - Now With Potentially Less Bob's Burgers and Family Guy

Commander X

kiwifarms.net
They started going downhill when they began putting too much emphasis on live action Tim & Eric lolrandom shit to cut costs (it was fine in small doses). Cancelling MDE and axing Metalocalypse were the last nails in it's coffin.
Hey, Tim & Eric are still, er.

These revolutionary avant-garde dadaist pranksters Tim and Eric are creating a devastating satire of mainstream America's most sacred cow: the tv sitcom.

Like, has not Adult Swim already aired at least three or four series based on the idea of satirizing dopey sitcoms? Tim & Eric have already done the postmodern sitcom...a lot. So they’ve admitted from every angle possible there’s no reason to make this but are leaning back, again, on their legacy as substance.

AVC: In the second episode, “Prunes,” you have one of the Beef Boys saying “LOL” and other hyper-modern jargon in a way that feels so hilariously unnatural. Was this a comment on the clash between the antiquated nature of the sitcom and the need to make it feel modern?

TH:
Yeah, that’s us pretending we’re these grizzled veteran TV sitcom writers that are completely out of touch with everything. They’re very wealthy and live in Brentwood and are like, “What do the kids say now?” These 50-year old sitcom writers writing for a millennial character and getting that mixed up together.
This is pure projection by two guys who are out of touch because they've been living in LA as successful TV comedy guys for 15 years.

I also just wanna say: Listen, we all know family sitcoms are a pretty big target. It’s not the hardest thing to do. So from the beginning we said [Beef House] can’t just be a joke about how sitcoms are bad; that can’t be the only reason to do this show. You look at some sitcoms—you can call them sitcoms—like Curb Your Enthusiasm or It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia or Seinfeld, and those are examples where they were able to tell a situational story based on the same group of people in a way that was original and inventive and funny. So we’re like, can we do both of those things? Parody the family sitcom, put it in that style, but also do it so we’re not just telling bad jokes. We’re telling jokes that make us laugh, that make our audience laugh. I didn’t want it to feel like we’re just sitting here shitting on family sitcoms.
They're self-aware enough to be defensive, in any case "I also just wanna say: we know this is low-hanging fruit and other comedians have already done post-modern sitcoms but ours is different because it will have that special Tim & Eric flavor that's definitely still relevant."

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I liked Tim and Eric Bedtime Stories or whatever it was? It was 2 seasons but focused on dark Lynchian comedy. The toes episode is great.

Reactions: TchPiKinmup

The Pink Panther

Looking At Your Stag Reel
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I liked Tim and Eric Bedtime Stories or whatever it was? It was 2 seasons but focused on dark Lynchian comedy. The toes episode is great.
I liked the Baklava episode that opened out the second season. Mostly because I remember the ending where death comes at the cost of getting the most sales by ignoring the person you've helped most.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wow, I can't believe we live in a world where Paranoia Agent is being broadcast on US television again, that's awesome.

While it's been a long time since I've actually watched it I remember it very well and the series is more relevant for the US now than it was when it originally aired, the whole idea of social contagion causing society breakdown is what's really happening in the US.
Would be nice if they could air the movie Paprika alongside the return of Paranoia Agent as a little homage to Satoshi Kon. But it will never happen.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm re-watching Mission Hill. It held up pretty well, it's hard to believe it came out in 1999. One thing I didn't get in the 3rd episode the Asian kid has a hot sister and it's heavily implied that Andy fucked her because she snuck out of his room after an unspecified amount of time and was buttoning up her shirt. And the episode continues like she might be more into Kevin? And then she may have ended things with both of them? But we saw her leave Andy's room. Andy clearly fucked her, so there's no ambiguity.

I liked the gag where all the nerds are terrified of approaching the Vampirella model.

Autumnal Equinox

I hope you relish it as much as I
kiwifarms.net
I'm re-watching Mission Hill. It held up pretty well, it's hard to believe it came out in 1999. One thing I didn't get in the 3rd episode the Asian kid has a hot sister and it's heavily implied that Andy fucked her because she snuck out of his room after an unspecified amount of time and was buttoning up her shirt. And the episode continues like she might be more into Kevin? And then she may have ended things with both of them? But we saw her leave Andy's room. Andy clearly fucked her, so there's no ambiguity.

I liked the gag where all the nerds are terrified of approaching the Vampirella model.
This was always one of my favorite shows on Adult Swim. Shame it only lasted 13 episodes. But I suppose that's for the....

Penis! Penis penis penis penis penis!

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
Slightly off topic but I had a random though about AS.

So a remaster of Saints Row 3 is due out this month and as some of you know there's a radio station in the game that's actually called adult swim radio. It consists of covers of themes or song made to promote the network, And has a character from delocated as a DJ and appearances by other adult swim characters like Carl from aqua teen calling in.

Where am I going with all this? Well I have to wonder if deep silver renewed the licensing with adult swim or if they didn't and as a result the stations been cut from the game. Cause playing Saints Row 3 while listening to a remix of the theme to aqua teen hunger force was the best part of my freshman year of high school.

ReeferRoach

Eat Gumbo
kiwifarms.net
Whats with the Venture Bros hate? I completely agree the show was more drama focused than action oriented after season 4, but the only pointless addition to the story was probably the who's the real mother of the venture bros and the orb arc and that's it (Which if you think about it isn't a pointless addition, because Rusty has lied many times about family related affairs unless its about himself.). Everything else up to this point has fleshed out the entire series without breaking any rules or destroying the shows continuity.
Also Home movies is kino at being low effort high quality.

Last edited:

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Slightly off topic but I had a random though about AS.

So a remaster of Saints Row 3 is due out this month and as some of you know there's a radio station in the game that's actually called adult swim radio. It consists of covers of themes or song made to promote the network, And has a character from delocated as a DJ and appearances by other adult swim characters like Carl from aqua teen calling in.

Where am I going with all this? Well I have to wonder if deep silver renewed the licensing with adult swim or if they didn't and as a result the stations been cut from the game. Cause playing Saints Row 3 while listening to a remix of the theme to aqua teen hunger force was the best part of my freshman year of high school.
Oh wow, I forgot about that radio station.

Yeah, here's hoping they kept it in the remaster.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
If they're willing to sell Rick and Morty for a pringles commercial that's only a few seconds long for the Superbowl I'm sure st3 remastered will be OK. Unless deep silver REALLY ships the bed and cheaps out on the budget
2011, the year Saints Row 3 released, was also the year of the Fallout New Vegas DLC Old World Blues that, while I'm not sure if it had an official connection to Adult Swim, cast a voice actor from and had a few homages to Venture Bros.

2011 was just the year of crossovers between games and Adult Swim I guess.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whats with the Venture Bros hate? I completely agree the show was more drama focused than action oriented after season 4, but the only pointless addition to the story was probably the who's the real mother of the venture bros and the orb arc and that's it (Which if you think about it isn't a pointless addition, because Rusty has lied many times about family related affairs unless its about himself.). Everything else up to this point has flashed out the entire series without breaking any rules or destroying the shows continuity.
Also Home movies is kino at being low effort high quality.
I liked Venture Bros more as a funny Johnny Quest type joke thing, less as an exercise in complicated backstories and continuity.

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
2011, the year Saints Row 3 released, was also the year of the Fallout New Vegas DLC Old World Blues that, while I'm not sure if it had an official connection to Adult Swim, cast a voice actor from and had a few homages to Venture Bros.

2011 was just the year of crossovers between games and Adult Swim I guess.
Eh I'm sure it was more coincidence they just happened to cast Dr venture's voice actor and he ended up using the same voice as the good Dr. The voice of Dr Klein sounded almost exactly like Chet ubetcha from fairly odd parents. Hell you know what would be cool? OK its just a remaster but what if they added more music and call ins from the shows that been on as since 2011? Say what you want about Mr Pickles its theme would be kick ads to have playing while going on a tank mayhem

• Informative
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Eh I'm sure it was more coincidence they just happened to cast Dr venture's voice actor and he ended up using the same voice as the good Dr. The voice of Dr Klein sounded almost exactly like Chet ubetcha from fairly odd parents. Hell you know what would be cool? OK its just a remaster but what if they added more music and call ins from the shows that been on as since 2011? Say what you want about Mr Pickles its theme would be kick ads to have playing while going on a tank mayhem
It wasn't a coincidence, Old World Blues specifically had a reference to the "walking eye"

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li
Tags
None