The Official Adult Swim Griefing Thread - Now With Potentially Less Bob's Burgers and Family Guy

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net
Adult swim should stop rerunning family guy and just air toonami more than once a week
I've wanted weeknight anime back ever since they pulled it from the schedule over a decade ago. I don't know when their rights to Fox shows expire, but whenever they do, I doubt the Rat will want to renew their contracts, and that means two to four hours of time every night will need to be filled almost immediately. They still have American Dad because Turner picked up the show and produced new seasons after Fox canceled it, but I don't think they can rely on one show to carry the weight.

Adult Swim does have a much bigger back catalog now than they did a decade ago, but even so, I think it would make sense to pick up some cheap licenses for older shows and air them to fill time. Toonami's still going strong over eight years after the revival, but they tend to shy away from broadcasting older series, focusing on the new flavor-of-the-month shows most of the time (and Naruto for some reason). Weeknight anime would be a perfect opportunity to showcase some classics. And failing that, they can always rerun Bebop for the umpteenth time.

Uncanny Valley

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've wanted weeknight anime back ever since they pulled it from the schedule over a decade ago. I don't know when their rights to Fox shows expire, but whenever they do, I doubt the Rat will want to renew their contracts, and that means two to four hours of time every night will need to be filled almost immediately. They still have American Dad because Turner picked up the show and produced new seasons after Fox canceled it, but I don't think they can rely on one show to carry the weight.

Adult Swim does have a much bigger back catalog now than they did a decade ago, but even so, I think it would make sense to pick up some cheap licenses for older shows and air them to fill time. Toonami's still going strong over eight years after the revival, but they tend to shy away from broadcasting older series, focusing on the new flavor-of-the-month shows most of the time (and Naruto for some reason). Weeknight anime would be a perfect opportunity to showcase some classics. And failing that, they can always rerun Bebop for the umpteenth time.
Naruto really is the best and worst thing to happen to Toonami

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net
Anybody remember those bumps Adult Swim used to do? Very catchy music and backgrounds. A couple examples.

This one in particular I remember Adult Swim starting their block with this music.
Yeah, a lot of 'em bring back nostalgia whenever I hear them, especially the old ACTN bumps. You can have a nice stroll down Memory Lane on BumpWorthy, which catalogs a lot of bumps going back to the early days. Still using a Flash player, so I dunno how well that's gonna work a few months from now.

• Feels
Reactions: Syaoran Li

The Last Stand

I need more gin.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mike Tyson Mysteries got canceled. This season is its last, sadly.
I liked the concept of it. It was quite entertaining. You know how Scooby-Doo would have celebrity cameos from time to time? The cameo is the star of the show. But you wouldn't even notice.

The pigeon was the funniest character. I'm surprised it lasted that long. It was Scooby-Doo done right. I'll miss it very.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I liked the concept of it. It was quite entertaining. You know how Scooby-Doo would have celebrity cameos from time to time? The cameo is the star of the show. But you wouldn't even notice.

The pigeon was the funniest character. I'm surprised it lasted that long. It was Scooby-Doo done right. I'll miss it very.
Norm MacDonald is a treasure and deserves more work.

Tags
None