The Official Adult Swim Griefing Thread - Eventually With Less Bob's Burgers and Family Guy

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Not really sure how to feel about this. Feels like a lot of media recently is trying to target the mid 30's - 40's mom demographic for whatever reason.

Whelp. Adult Swim is dead to me. Aside from Primal of course. No more Aqua Teen Hunger Force, no more King of the Hill reruns, no more Family Guy reruns, the faggots didn't make Smiling Friends a series. They're done.

Edit: Smiling Friends might still be happening? No one knows. COVID may have delayed episodes. We don't know.

Last edited:

frozenrunner

Pride month is gay as fuck.
kiwifarms.net

Not really sure how to feel about this. Feels like a lot of media recently is trying to target the mid 30's - 40's mom demographic for whatever reason.
Jesus Christ. Not a single laugh in the entire trailer! And I wanted to like it.

Is this entire channel run now by humorless, lesbian, leftist women with pink hair in their late 30s? It's like they made the entire show to follow the Bechdel test or something.

I'll tune in for Primal and the Shenmue anime when that gets released, but Adult Swim is legitimately dead to me after insulting the original Birdman: Attorney at Law like this.

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
Is this entire channel run now by humorless, lesbian, leftist women with pink hair in their late 30s? It's like they made the entire show to follow the Bechdel test or something.
You Know you pretty much summed up a majority of western animation with that bub? If its not that kinda people it's 38 year old bald or man bun sporting soyboys who can't keep their mouths closed.

Syaoran Li

Born To Raise Hell
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's the April Fools prank night again.

I'm not going to spoil anything but the prank itself is decent but not as iconic as some of their previous pranks. It's still a lot better than the ones from 2019 and 2020.

Titos

Your smile makes my heart explode :3
kiwifarms.net
If these morons are really not gonna greenlight Smiling Friends at least let Zach do bumpers or a talk show or something. Smiling Friends was the first good thing AS put out since Bushworld and World Peace. Helps that screaming goblin man is able to make anything funny with his fucked up voice.

Cardenio

Earthrocker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Amazing. The creators of this spinoff don't understand what made Harvey Birdman amusing, taking the silly child friendly Hannah Barbera TV characters and putting them in absurd legal dramas.

Thank god no one has the nerve yet to touch Space Ghost.

Flexo

Don't blame me. I voted for HK-47.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I'm not going to spoil anything but the prank itself is decent but not as iconic as some of their previous pranks. It's still a lot better than the ones from 2019 and 2020.
I for one fully support the new weebfarms look! Nicely done, null.

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net

I'll admit that [adult swim junior] was a good joke. Now that it's been a couple days, for those that missed it, the prank was rebranding the channel as a kids' station, adding new bumps, redubbing shows with child voice actors, and rewriting some dialogue to make it kid-friendly.

Thing is, it would have worked better if they'd actually committed to the gag for the whole night, instead of only doing a single Rick and Morty and ATHF episode, repeating each one once, and then going back to the regular schedule. Effectively 45 minutes of April Fool's content. Compared to their better pranks (and even some of their worse ones), it was a letdown.

My friend brought up the point that child actors generally can't work nearly as long hours as adult actors can, so that might partly explain why they only did two shows. Perhaps they came up with the idea too late to finish more, not taking into account how much time they needed for the child voice actors. But it's equally possible, or more, that they just got lazy and gave up after putting out the bare minimum effort.

Still, there were some good laughs to be had. "I'm raising my fist in anger at you. I am not extending my middle finger because this show is intended for children."
Amazing. The creators of this spinoff don't understand what made Harvey Birdman amusing, taking the silly child friendly Hannah Barbera TV characters and putting them in absurd legal dramas.

Thank god no one has the nerve yet to touch Space Ghost.
Missing the point feels like an understatement. It doesn't feel remotely similar to Harvey Birdman at all, not even visually. The animation looks stiff and low-budget, which isn't uncommon for [as] but is a clear downgrade from Harvey Birdman. The only returning character shown is Birdgirl with a dumpy redesign, and the rest are donut steel knockoffs or literally who's. Not even a single chuckle or grin from any of the "jokes." If this is what they have for their trailer, the actual show has got to be a nightmare.

Hell, Harvey Birdman: Attorney General was better than this, even with all the Orange Man Bad posturing. It also showed that they still have rights to parody Hanna-Barbera characters, so there's really no excuse not to show some in the trailer. Sorry, but I do not care about watching Original the Character navigating the corporate world.

As for Space Ghost, I doubt we'll ever see any more of it ever again, thankfully. I know Mike Lazzo's no longer with the network, but he was pretty adamant about being long done with it, and I doubt anyone else there wants to do anything with it again. C. Martin Croker is dead, and George Lowe doesn't really get any attention from them anymore. And considering [as] really only seems to greenlight shows from Diverse™ creators these days, a SGC2C reboot just wouldn't fly. It'll likely remain as it always has, a time capsule of 90's and early 00's adult animation.

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
first they dig tuca and bertie out of the grave now this birdgirl spinoff....I know someone on here said Adult Swim wasn't necessarily a "boy's club" back when it first started. but I really miss the days where it felt like one.

Now it's quickly becoming the angry; feminist, lesbian, troon, all men are pigs network.

Life is Hell...

kiwifarms.net
first they dig tuca and bertie out of the grave now this birdgirl spinoff....I know someone on here said Adult Swim wasn't necessarily a "boy's club" back when it first started. but I really miss the days where it felt like one.

Now it's quickly becoming the angry; feminist, lesbian, troon, all men are pigs network.
Doesn't help that the current SVP looks like this
1617424520547.png

The Last Stand

Be very, VERY gay.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Adult Swim is a shell of itself because AT&T wants to eventually move all of the really good content to HBO Max.

Same goes for Cartoon Network and everything that WarnerMedia/AT&T owns. It's sad to see those channels change to incubators for HBO Max content, especially in far cry to the glory days of Adult Swim where they had far more community interaction, much better shows (RIP ATHF, The Boondocks, Stroker & Hoop, 12 Oz. Mouse) and much more personality than the Adult Swim of today.
How did HBO Max gain rights of several adult cartoons? People watch HBO for original programming and movies.