The Official Adult Swim Griefing Thread - Eventually With Less Bob's Burgers and Family Guy

Syaoran Li

Oh, What a Night! Late December back in '63!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How did HBO Max gain rights of several adult cartoons? People watch HBO for original programming and movies.

It's because HBO Max is meant as a catch-all for the various shows and movies owned by Warner, including all the stuff from the Turner networks like Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, TBS, TNT, and CW/WB.

The only reason why Disney doesn't do the same is because they keep Hulu around to keep a lot of their R-rated and TV-MA rated stuff they got (both from the Fox buyout and their own stuff from Touchstone Pictures and Buena Vista) away from Disney+ since they try to promote Disney+ as more "family friendly"

Dom Cruise

How is she when she doesn't surf?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Adult Swim seems pretty dead to me, if they're going full Woke/muh feminism then it's dead.

Sad it didn't even make it to 20 years.

But 20 years is a long time and it can be argued that it had a good run for as long as probably could have realistically done, but between Adult Swim and Cartoon Network evidently becoming for preschoolers this seems to mark the end of the whole CN/AS lineage over the last 25+ which is definitely a real end of an era and it's sad to think it's ending, but nothing lasts forever and 25+ years is a run to be proud of.

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Adult Swim seems pretty dead to me, if they're going full Woke/muh feminism then it's dead.

Sad it didn't even make it to 20 years.

But 20 years is a long time and it can be argued that it had a good run for as long as probably could have realistically done, but between Adult Swim and Cartoon Network evidently becoming for preschoolers this seems to mark the end of the whole CN/AS lineage over the last 25+ which is definitely a real end of an era and it's sad to think it's ending, but nothing lasts forever and 25+ years is a run to be proud of.

I mean, at this point, I'm only tuning into Adult Swim for Toonami, the annual April Fools' prank, and to see what happens once they lose Family Guy and Bob's Burgers. That could very much be one of those make or break moments for the block. Especially if the woke Birdgirl show flops badly enough.

Aside from the ultra-cringe BLM promo they did in 2020, Toonami as a whole seems unscathed and isolated from the rest of Adult Swim.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean, at this point, I'm only tuning into Adult Swim for Toonami, the annual April Fools' prank, and to see what happens once they lose Family Guy and Bob's Burgers. That could very much be one of those make or break moments for the block. Especially if the woke Birdgirl show flops badly enough.

Aside from the ultra-cringe BLM promo they did in 2020, Toonami as a whole seems unscathed and isolated from the rest of Adult Swim.
Toonami is the one X factor I was thinking of but what wasn't sure what to say at first.

For one thing though to be frank how many people in the US actually still consume anime through broadcast television? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Toonami the last thing on US TV to air anime in live broadcasts? (unless Disney XD still does, but I can't think of anything, I'm not even sure if Disney XD is even still a thing, but maybe some other network airs something), seems like most people have switched to streaming, blu ray or yo ho ho ho (he took a bite of Gum Gum) to spite Woke US publishers like Funimation.

I am aware Toonami was supposed to be funding original shows like Uzumaki, but whatever the hell happened to it? Seems like it's vaporware.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Toonami can soldier on, but it does seem like a pretty archaic concept now, I hope at the very least if it ends for good it ends with something special like a third season of Big O (which oh shit, I'm just now realizing the first season of premiered exactly 20 years ago on Toonami), that'd be a perfect way to close the circle.

But on a personal note, I have been watching HBO Max and while I hate to sound like such a normie the convenience is pretty amazing (people should still sail the high seas if anything is removed or censored due to Wokeness though, don't get me wrong), the future ain't looking bright for broadcast TV but I have noticed that while Adult Swim, Crunchy Roll and even Ghibli is on there, Toonami shows don't seem to be.

Syaoran Li

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Toonami is the one X factor I was thinking of but what wasn't sure what to say at first.

For one thing though to be frank how many people in the US actually still consume anime through broadcast television? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Toonami the last thing on US TV to air anime in live broadcasts? (unless Disney XD still does, but I can't think of anything, I'm not even sure if Disney XD is even still a thing, but maybe some other network airs something), seems like most people have switched to streaming, blu ray or yo ho ho ho (he took a bite of Gum Gum) to spite Woke US publishers like Funimation.

I am aware Toonami was supposed to be funding original shows like Uzumaki, but whatever the hell happened to it? Seems like it's vaporware.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Toonami can soldier on, but it does seem like a pretty archaic concept now, I hope at the very least if it ends for good it ends with something special like a third season of Big O (which oh shit, I'm just now realizing the first season of premiered exactly 20 years ago on Toonami), that'd be a perfect way to close the circle.

But on a personal note, I have been watching HBO Max and while I hate to sound like such a normie the convenience is pretty amazing (people should still sail the high seas if anything is removed or censored due to Wokeness though, don't get me wrong), the future ain't looking bright for broadcast TV but I have noticed that while Adult Swim, Crunchy Roll and even Ghibli is on there, Toonami shows don't seem to be.

Honestly, I think a lot of the Toonami shows are kept off HBO Max and Crunchy Roll precisely to keep the block alive.

I don't think the Uzumaki miniseries is vaporware quite yet, since it got delayed due to COVID-19 and my guess was that they originally meant to air it as an October event since Halloween 2020 was on a Saturday but the initial lockdowns mucked up the production on both sides of the Pacific.

Mainly I'm tuning in because I want to see Uzumaki and see how AS handles losing Family Guy later this year in the fall.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I think a lot of the Toonami shows are kept off HBO Max and Crunchy Roll precisely to keep the block alive.
That was my point, but I think Toonami could live on as a "brand" to curate a certain type of anime even if it's literally just a menu option on a Streaming service as so many things are on HBO Max.

Heck, they could even spin TOM off into his own actual animated series.

I don't think the Uzumaki miniseries is vaporware quite yet, since it got delayed due to COVID-19 and my guess was that they originally meant to air it as an October event since Halloween 2020 was on a Saturday but the initial lockdowns mucked up the production on both sides of the Pacific.
Makes sense but how long has it been since we've heard anything about it? I worry it might have been canceled.

I would love to see Toonami help get more original anime made though, like I said a third season of Big O or, dare I dream? Some kind of continuation of Cowboy Bebop would certainly get my attention.

Isn't there also supposed to be a Blade Runner anime airing on Toonami?

Mainly I'm tuning in because I want to see Uzumaki and see how AS handles losing Family Guy later this year in the fall.
The loss of FG + the loss of ratings in general as it goes full Woke feminist might kill it off entirely, as sad as that would be.

Them canceling Venture Bros was a really bad sign to me.

Why in the hell does almost everything in American media have to explicitly cater to a female audience now? What's wrong with a programming block geared towards males? We literally can't have one single thing now? Show me the law where all media has to be gynocentric now, American culture is so fucking bizarre these days.

Bloody bunny

kiwifarms.net

They will be fine. Family guy is now some gay ass sjw shit. The venture bro’s need one last good season.

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
Wow birdgirl was pain even to hate watch. Birdgirl and her friends are all fumpy and dumpy, she's a workaholic more focused on a career and her alter ego and it repels men from her, and she tries to pick up a cat without caring about her dead dad.

Hey at least they know their audience.

No eggs! empty egg carton! you don't have any eggs!

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know this is stating the obvious about a controversy which has dragged on for years.

But there really is something wrong with the fact that nothing can be a "boy's club" anymore, women today have an embarrassment of riches to choose from media wise, but guys can't have one single thing that could even vaguely be described as "male oriented"

The irony is, Adult Swim shows have always had noteworthy female followings, especially Venture Bros and if we're going to include anime fucking Fullmetal Alchemist probably had more female fans than male fans or at least an equal number.

I would say Adult Swim was more neutral than it was explicitly geared towards a male audience, though it did lean that way, but it was just that, a lean, fuck this attitude now that everything has to go out of it's way to avoid being even remotely what could be described as a "boy's club" and forcefully trying to feminize everything.

Put it to you this way, making some firm stand either way of "FOR GUYS ONLY" or "FOR GIRLS ONLY" almost always does nothing but stifle creativity, people make fun of Lifetime movies and Spike TV was never all that great either, forcing Adult Swim to go into some firm direction toward a female audience is only going to ruin what it was and what drew audiences of both male and female to begin with, it's only going to shrink your audience.

This is of course a perfect microcosm of what happened to video games, but it's sad to think like dominoes, yet another aspect of US culture falls to the feminist plague, fuck off already.

draggs

Kyle Avgvstvs, Antifvs Maximvs. AVE KYLE
kiwifarms.net
We got ATHF, Venture Bros, and Metalocalypse all coming back in the form of movies.

Shake, Rusty, Brock, Phantom Limb, and the boys in the band will finally pay for their crimes against wahmens and minorities. Especially Skwisgaar and his male gaze at GMILFs

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net