The Official Adult Swim Griefing Thread - Eventually With Less Bob's Burgers and Family Guy

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's another thing that made loose interest was the lack of returning characters, what is even the point then?
I mean, you can do good anime sequals based in the same universe but not having the original characters…but those typically happen in a different part of the world. Not the same exact town, but then go to ridiculous lengths to make sure I one from the original is still around.

Like I remember seeing the trailer and thinking the teen guy with glasses was Naota, since he kinda looked like a mix of him and his dad, but nope!

Dom Cruise

Spooky!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean, you can do good anime sequals based in the same universe but not having the original characters…but those typically happen in a different part of the world. Not the same exact town, but then go to ridiculous lengths to make sure I one from the original is still around.

Like I remember seeing the trailer and thinking the teen guy with glasses was Naota, since he kinda looked like a mix of him and his dad, but nope!
You can, it just depends on the property, but in the case of FLCL it seems pointless, in a very fundamental way it was Naota's story and the other characters were a key part of it as well.

But the fact that they even set in the same town but still don't have the original characters makes it even more dumb.

It's just really too bad.

Cardenio

*YAWN*
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just wish we had Macho Man Randy Savage.
Going off topic but I got major feels watching WWE's documentary on Randy. Post retirement he seemed to have really mellowed out from his controlling roided d-bag ways (he wouldn't let Miss Elizabeth be by herself at any time) and he just liked having a quiet life in Florida delighting the neighborhood kids. Shame he had to go out so soon.

Dom Cruise

Spooky!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Going off topic but I got major feels watching WWE's documentary on Randy. Post retirement he seemed to have really mellowed out from his controlling roided d-bag ways (he wouldn't let Miss Elizabeth be by herself at any time) and he just liked having a quiet life in Florida delighting the neighborhood kids. Shame he had to go out so soon.
One way of looking at it is at least Macho Man Randy Savage didn't have to live to see the steep, sharp decline things took after his passing.

On the flip side to that maybes guys like Macho Man Randy Savage is what we need right now, as silly as that may sound, but you never know what potential people really have.

George Carlin, Michael Crichton and Hunter S Thompson are a few figures I really wish we had today and could get their input.

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
One way of looking at it is at least Macho Man Randy Savage didn't have to live to see the steep, sharp decline things took after his passing.

On the flip side to that maybes guys like Macho Man Randy Savage is what we need right now, as silly as that may sound, but you never know what potential people really have.

George Carlin, Michael Crichton and Hunter S Thompson are a few figures I really wish we had today and could get their input.
We already have Carlin's, he took his earrings out because it stopped being something to wear to piss off your boss and started being something your boss wore. Thats enough for me to know his opinion.

horrorfan89

Linda you asshole!
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone know what else David cross did for adult swim? The only notable role I remember him doing was voicing happy time Harry.

"cause my parole officer isn't gonna like it when I tell him I was spending all day dickin around on the fucking moon! "

Digger10

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone know what else David cross did for adult swim? The only notable role I remember him doing was voicing happy time Harry.

"cause my parole officer isn't gonna like it when I tell him I was spending all day dickin around on the fucking moon! "
Funny you should ask. Yesterday I rewatched "Bible Fruit" where he plays Bert Banana.

Dom Cruise

Spooky!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
does that scooby doo halloween special count? I know it initally aired on CN but it aired again on adult swim in the hopes that it could start a new gag dub audlt version of scooby doo similar to sealab 2021.
I would definitely count that as proto-Adult Swim.

TerminalTryHard

Use your fucking blinker
kiwifarms.net
does that scooby doo halloween special count? I know it initally aired on CN but it aired again on adult swim in the hopes that it could start a new gag dub audlt version of scooby doo similar to sealab 2021.
That had originally been planned but they decided to do one last normal Scooby Doo movie as a send off before the parody, the Movie Scooby Doo on Zombie Island was such a massive success they decided to scrap the parody and just bring normal Scooby Doo back.

horrorfan89

Linda you asshole!
kiwifarms.net
Necro of the thread but on case anyone forgot adult swim resurrected a turkey (no pun intended) that even Netflix was embarrassed about.

Almost every single comment is sucking AS off for bringing this shit back, though you can practically hear the animators gnashing their teeth now that they can't draw casual nudity anymore or have the characters swear freely

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Necro of the thread but on case anyone forgot adult swim resurrected a turkey (no pun intended) that even Netflix was embarrassed about.

Almost every single comment is sucking AS off for bringing this shit back, though you can practically hear the animators gnashing their teeth now that they can't draw casual nudity anymore or have the characters swear freely
Well I guess something nice came out of that restriction!

cactus

Cactus Juice Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net

My friend said I would like this, it looks like hot garbage and the art is ugly. Commercials for it turn me off even more, they both come off as so annoying.

Syaoran Li

Coal Miner's Grandson
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Were it not for "Current Year" and the woke regime at Warner as a whole, I'd normally write off Tuca & Bertie as a one-season wonder for Adult Swim where they get the rights to it and promote the fuck out of it right before it airs, but once they air a full run of it, that's the end of that.

They've done it before with some of their rerun acquisitions like the short-lived Clerks cartoon or God, The Devil, & Bob and it turned out those were acquired mainly so they could get the rights to some other project and they had to air those as part of some contractual obligation.

I'd like to think Tuca & Bertie Season 2 is a similar scenario but I am not that optimistic. Did they also get the rights to Season 1 or is it just this new season?

horrorfan89

Linda you asshole!
kiwifarms.net
Were it not for "Current Year" and the woke regime at Warner as a whole, I'd normally write off Tuca & Bertie as a one-season wonder for Adult Swim where they get the rights to it and promote the fuck out of it right before it airs, but once they air a full run of it, that's the end of that.

They've done it before with some of their rerun acquisitions like the short-lived Clerks cartoon or God, The Devil, & Bob and it turned out those were acquired mainly so they could get the rights to some other project and they had to air those as part of some contractual obligation.

I'd like to think Tuca & Bertie Season 2 is a similar scenario but I am not that optimistic. Did they also get the rights to Season 1 or is it just this new season?
Just this new season, it's done weird custody battle between Netflix and adult swim where Netflix retains the rights to season one which means as can't air any episodes from that season. Just whatever they have for this one. It's gonna be a real cluster fuck once the licsening expires.

cactus

Cactus Juice Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
Just this new season, it's done weird custody battle between Netflix and adult swim where Netflix retains the rights to season one which means as can't air any episodes from that season. Just whatever they have for this one. It's gonna be a real cluster fuck once the licsening expires.
So like with the Big O. They only retain the rights to season 2... which they would rerun long after the rights to season 1 expired and make no sense if you were a first time viewer.

MF ALBERT

Novice computer programmer celebrating Halloween
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This apparently was a thing on TikTok

What is the deal with this very long word salad of a title?

Product Placement

kiwifarms.net
Why did Adultswim do this, I get they want to grow their market out from just males in the 20s and 30s and nothing wrong with that in itself, but picking up a show that did poor on Netflix and its rights fuckary is beyond idiotic. Also worth noting they cancelled their longest-running show Ventrue Bros to cut costs around this time as well.

The show does look shit but just can't get over how poor a move this was for Adultswim. Why didn't they just make an original show instead, that surely would have been cheaper.