The Official Adult Swim Griefing Thread - Now With Potentially Less Bob's Burgers and Family Guy

Gordon Cole

Yep, he's dead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still watch Adult Swim for my "turn your brain off" shows, but it's definitely not the same as it used to be.

Unpopular opinion: I actually don't mind the live-action shows. Eric Andre and Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell are hilarious.

The last cartoon of theirs I truly loved was China, IL. Maybe with 12. oz Mouse coming back, the Birdgirl spinoff and (probably) Close Enough, something I can really like will come back? :optimistic:.

EDIT: Just remembered Primal's coming out. Can't wait for that.

Also give Dino something to do.

Last edited:

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I'm enjoying Joe Pera Talks with You though I'm having a hard time believing that he was born in, according to many sources, 1989, since he talks like a boomer. A few other sources claim that he was born in 1980, which I have an easier time believing though, even then, I still have trouble accepting he's several years younger than I am.

• Feels
Reactions: Y2K Baby

Samoyed

lol im god
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if they still play this on Adult Swim, but The Boondocks was pretty good up until season 4. Eric Andre was also pretty great too.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Adult Swim was huge for me as a preteen and teenager, I was there the night it premiered in fact.

Mostly I watched the anime, the other stuff, save Venture Bros, was secondary but I enjoyed it all.

However I dropped off hard after 2008 when it became clear they didn't really like anime and Venture Bros lost me when Brock ceased to be a regular character and I've just never been able to get back in the groove of being a regular watcher since.

In most recent years I have seen a few episodes of Rick & Morty, which I enjoyed and have been meaning to watch more, but I'd be lying if I said the cringiness of the fanbase hasn't kept me away, although it's not really fair to judge something by it's fanbase, every fanbase has lunatics these days.

I think the way forward would be to make adult versions of CN's own shows, much like how they spoofed Hanna Barbera cartoons for so long, which they've already done with the Samurai Jack miniseries.

I remember that. Some of the voice actors (the twin comedians that voice the conjoined twin character) confirmed that a new season was being worked on but the project died a quiet death. Adult Swim really wanted to do something with John K but John K being John K is most likely what killed that off. Sans the bumpers he made for them with George Liquor and Hank Hill.
I was always amazed that a John K Adult Swim show never happened, although it makes perfect sense as to why nowadays.

Now I want a third and final season of The Big O.
This needs to happen.

This is also total pie in the sky dreaming, but I wish they'd also fund a revival of Read or Die.

We could've had Korgoth of Barbaria, but no, let's do live action anti-comedy shows instead for a few years.

Cocksuckers.
It's always completely flabbergasted me why that never got a full series, they dropped the ball big time with that.

Ballzmasterz 9009
I haven't even heard of that, but whoa, it looks awesome, will have to check it out.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Adult Swim was huge for me as a preteen and teenager, I was there the night it premiered in fact.

Mostly I watched the anime, the other stuff, save Venture Bros, was secondary but I enjoyed it all.

I was always amazed that a John K Adult Swim show never happened, although it makes perfect sense as to why nowadays.
Same. I was a little too young to "get" the absurdist humor of Sealab or Aquateen but I watched it just because and I wanted to check out Cowboy Bebop.

Adult Swim openly courted John really hard even in the bumpers. Too bad a new season of Oblongs never happened.

Megaroad

Space Adventure
kiwifarms.net
I still remember that night, a week or two before 7th grade started. Cowboy Bebop was there main selling point but I grew to like Aqua Teen, Harvey and early Sealab.

I really enjoyed, and still do, Tim and Eric.

I'll only give AS any of my time if a new season of Check it Out appears.

Such a shame because I had hope for the program would lead to more adult cartoons that were more than some slapstick flash comedy or animated sitcom.

Now I want a third and final season of The Big O.
Wasn't season 2's ending definitive?

Senor Cardgage Mortgage

...Hot Pooey
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still watch Adult Swim as my "turn your brain off" shows, but it's definitely not the same as it used to be.

Unpopular opinion: I actually don't mind the live-action shows. Eric Andre and Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell are hilarious.

The last cartoon of theirs I truly loved was China, IL. Maybe with 12. oz Mouse coming back, the Birdgirl spinoff and (probably) Close Enough, something I can really like will come back? :optimistic:.

Also give Dino something to do.
Last time I bothered checking, Dino's in the middle of a mid life crisis and is busy with his band "Sorry For Everything" or something

I do want more comedy from him though, his Mr Show sketches were great.

Last edited:

Phallacies

kiwifarms.net
Man, adult swim brings back memories. I remember back when it first started and it was actually pool-themed. Good times. Do they do anything interesting now that Aqua Teen is dead and Venture Bros. airs new episodes only once every 20 years?
Your Pretty Face is going to Hell is currently a sleeper hit. Mr. Pickles can be fun if you don't mind mindless violence, and Mike Tyson Mysteries is hilarious with Jim Rash and Norm MacDonald.

Also some specials like "This House Has People in It" and "Unedited Footage of a Bear" are fucking great and are really showing off some of the underground film scene.

Tags
None