The Official Adult Swim Griefing Thread - Now With Potentially Less Bob's Burgers and Family Guy

Syaoran Li

Clown World on PCP
kiwifarms.net
Anybody remember the short-lived Adult Swim spin-off Too Funny To Sleep on TBS?

I remember staying up to watch it every Friday night back in 2005 and it was pretty good. Back when Cartoon Network still did Cartoon Cartoon Fridays, Adult Swim didn't air on Friday nights at all but since TBS and Adult Swim were owned by the same company, they decided to make the late-night Friday programming hours on TBS into a mini-Adult Swim as part of the continuing push to re-brand TBS as a comedy-oriented channel in the 2000's. I think it lasted for a year at the most before it was abandoned.

Basically it was comprised of the syndicated comedy reruns that Adult Swim had the rights to at the time, with the two main headliners being Family Guy and Futurama, supplemented by Mission Hill, The Oblongs, Baby Blues, and Home Movies.

I think they also added edited reruns of Mr. Show at one point as well and the block usually ended with a program called Blotter, a weird live-action parody of COPS which was sort of like a prototype of Reno 911.

IIRC, Blotter first aired back in the 90's when TBS was still The Superstation and had a more general format of old movies and reruns.

The show also had the fifteen-minute run time that Adult Swim's original comedies are famous for, so it may have been an early Williams Street production.

Dom Cruise

Smug vampire
kiwifarms.net
I found something really cool on Youtube, a collection of bumpers and commercials from Adult Swim circa 2005 and 2006.

I recognized a few of the commercials, but what really tripped me out was the bumpers, which I remembered instantly, it's incredible to remember something after 13/14 years and it really brought me back.

The Pink Panther

Scared Pink
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I found something really cool on Youtube, a collection of bumpers and commercials from Adult Swim circa 2005 and 2006.

I recognized a few of the commercials, but what really tripped me out was the bumpers, which I remembered instantly, it's incredible to remember something after 13/14 years and it really brought me back.

Bumpers for shows still exist on AS, they're just a little less common than they were back in DA GOOD OL' DAYS.

Dom Cruise

Smug vampire
kiwifarms.net
I mentioned this in the anime/manga thread, but should anime on Adult Swim/Toonami be retired? It just seems pretty dated by this point, the whole idea of anime on broadcast US television complete with commercials and censorship (with censorship being the main issue)

But there's of course tons and tons of sentimental value attached to the idea, not to mention that maybe it's good to have it out there for the "stumble upon" factor for someone who may not have known what anime is otherwise.

But if it is ever retired, I have a great idea for what would be the perfect "finale" for it...

Big O, season 3, finally we could get closure and that would be a pretty poetic "capstone" for 20+ years of anime on Toonami/Adult Swim.

What do you think?

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
I mentioned this in the anime/manga thread, but should anime on Adult Swim/Toonami be retired? It just seems pretty dated by this point, the whole idea of anime on broadcast US television complete with commercials and censorship (with censorship being the main issue)

But there's of course tons and tons of sentimental value attached to the idea, not to mention that maybe it's good to have it out there for the "stumble upon" factor for someone who may not have known what anime is otherwise.

But if it is ever retired, I have a great idea for what would be the perfect "finale" for it...

Big O, season 3, finally we could get closure and that would be a pretty poetic "capstone" for 20+ years of anime on Toonami/Adult Swim.

What do you think?
Honestly, I just want Adult Swim itself to retire.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
I think it should get stuff for ADULT SWIM that Crunchy and Funimation won't run but who havent signed a deal with Netflix

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So through Toonami aftermath I've finally watched a couple episodes of Space Ghost Coast To Coast and its pretty fucking hilarious. My favorite character would have to be Zorak
That is pretty much what a majority of us think! That show was a darling for memorable moments like this...

Autumnal Equinox

Welcome to prime time, bitch!
kiwifarms.net
So through Toonami aftermath I've finally watched a couple episodes of Space Ghost Coast To Coast and its pretty fucking hilarious. My favorite character would have to be Zorak
Always loved this show. You gotta check out some of the first episodes where the guests don't know what to make of it, and either get awkward or pissy. Donny Osmond, Slash, David Byrne and Michael Stipe's episodes are great for that.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino