The Official Government Shutdown Thread

An Ounce of Vagina

kiwifarms.net
Teabaggers make Chris look like a pillar of intellect and insight. President Obama should be applauded for standing up to these hateful bullies. We can't let them think that they can just hold the country hostage whenever they don't get their way. No more appeasement.

random_pickle

kiwifarms.net
I was working at Dollar Tree today and I was told that we've already had 14 customers get their food stamps rejected yesterday because the government was shut down.

What the fuck is going on here?! I thought that food stamps weren't affected!

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
random_pickle said:
I was working at Dollar Tree today and I was told that we've already had 14 customers get their food stamps rejected yesterday because the government was shut down.

What the fuck is going on here?! I thought that food stamps weren't affected!

I work in retail and got the same situation. Frustrating when the customers had to return the items.

PvtRichardCranium

kiwifarms.net
I don't know if I'm going to be able to get an apartment and move out of my mother's house next month (which I really want to do because I'm 18), because they're still processing my disability case and it got stuck at the department of labor. I need to be eligible for disability to be eligible for low income housing, which is the only kind of housing I can afford.

That, and if I lose disability, than I lose Medicaid, which means I won't be able to afford my extremely expensive psych meds. Which means I'll probably literally lose my mind and kill myself or something. I'm serious. It doesn't look good for me or anyone else in a similar position.

PvtRichardCranium

kiwifarms.net
GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN ENDS

http://news.yahoo.com/compromise-or...breakthrough-on-debt--spending-150123572.html

At the end of the 16th day of the government shutdown, the Senate and House passed a bill that would reopen the government and avert a potentially cataclysmic default on U.S. debt payments by raising the federal government's debt limit.

The Senate voted 81-18 to pass the measure, and the House voted 285-144.

And nothing of value was lost...

...except about 3 billion dollars.

random_pickle

kiwifarms.net
PvtRichardCranium said:
GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN ENDS

http://news.yahoo.com/compromise-or...breakthrough-on-debt--spending-150123572.html

At the end of the 16th day of the government shutdown, the Senate and House passed a bill that would reopen the government and avert a potentially cataclysmic default on U.S. debt payments by raising the federal government's debt limit.

The Senate voted 81-18 to pass the measure, and the House voted 285-144.

And nothing of value was lost...

...except about 3 billion dollars.

Who the fuck were the 18 and 144 against it?!

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Dad went back to work today. Had me stop by the store before dropping him off. He asked if I was registered to vote and straight up told me to do him a favor and vote out every Republican in office.