The Official Simpsons Griefing Thread -

*Asterisk*

Five-Percenter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Homer and Marge Simpson are getting divorced (again).

Homer's leaving Marge for Lena Dunham. You can't even pretend this is going to last more than one episode.

Oh, and Sideshow Bob also finally gets to kill Bart in the Halloween special. Family Guy ran the exact same plotline a decade ago, and at least they had the decency to actually get some mileage out of it before revealing the whole thing was a computer simulation.

I never thought the Simpson'd find a lamer gimmick than killing off Krusty's Dad. Now they've found two, and they'll happen a month apart from each other.

My kingdom for this fucking show's euthanasia.

Edit:
This thread has taken on a life of its own since the initial posts. From now on, this is the official Simpsons griefing thread. You may now bitch to your heart's content.

The thread title has likewise been changed to reflect this.

Last edited:

*Asterisk*

Five-Percenter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Status quo is god. Everything will be normal after an episode or two. Like almost every show always does.
Assuming you stopped watching television back when the first Bush was President. Even then, there's still no other show in history that has clung so desperately to keeping things exactly the same as America's former favorite cartoon family. Mostly because in live action shows not named Happy Days, characters eventually start aging. But even by cartoon standards, the Simpsons refusal to mix things up is ludicrous. The Flinstones did a better job avoiding zombification than the Simpsons, and that show came out back when you could still sell cigarettes on TV.

scorptatious

It only gets worse from here on in...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember a few years back something similar happened in South Park. Stan becomes depressed and ruins his friendship with the others due to how pessimistic and negative he became. Add that with his parents divorcing and him moving away, the show gave the impression that Stan wasn't going to be with the others anymore. Sure enough though, the next episode has them making things up and reverting back to the status quo.

And I don't even need to mention the whole Brain dying thing.

It's a really cheap way to get ratings, and it's a pretty good indication that a show is losing steam I feel.

Frank Rizzo

kiwifarms.net
I remember a few years back something similar happened in South Park. Stan becomes depressed and ruins his friendship with the others due to how pessimistic and negative he is. Add that with his parents divorcing and him moving away, the show gave the impression that Stan wasn't going to be with the others anymore. Sure enough though, the next episode has them making things up and reverting back to the status quo.

And I don't even need to mention the whole Brain dying thing.

It's a really cheap way to get ratings, and it's a pretty good indication that a show is losing steam I feel.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Seth pretty much admit that Brian dying was basically an experiment to see how many hardcore FG fans he could piss off and alienate?

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Seth pretty much admit that Brian dying was basically an experiment to see how many hardcore FG fans he could piss off and alienate?
When even the show creator hates it enough they want to piss off and alienate their fans so they can just stop doing it some time before they die, it's time to put it to rest.

Frank Rizzo

kiwifarms.net
When even the show creator hates it enough they want to piss off and alienate their fans so they can just stop doing it some time before they die, it's time to put it to rest.
Seth's pretty much made it clear at this point that he hates doing Family Guy and that he's in it mostly for the money. Trey Parker and Matt Stone said the same thing about the last few years of South Park.

Truck Rockfort

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Every time I see news about how the Simpsons are going even further down the drain, It makes me hope dearly that the network will finally see the writing on the wall and will finally put the series out of its misery like a terminally sick animal and this is coming from a fan who loved and grew up with the show for most of their life, but even then I just know the series is probably going to keep on languishing for years.

NegaCWC

kiwifarms.net
I never thought the Simpson'd find a lamer gimmick than killing off Krusty's Dad. Now they've found two, and they'll happen a month apart from each other.
I'm sure they'll manage to outdo themselves and come up with an even more exceptional gimmick, like Bart and Milhouse taking their relationship to the next level, revealing that the sea capatain is actually an alien or having Flanders become a muslim.

*Asterisk*

Five-Percenter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is news?

The show's crap and the fact that people still watch it shocks me.
I haven't watched the show regularly in a decade, but when a previously healthy man has spent the past decade battling diabetes and cancer only to contract Ebola, it's still worth reading about if only to learn a lesson about what not to do with your life.

Darwin Watterson

Holy fuck, the site looks like hot garbage now
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember him saying one time that it was to show that "anyone you love could die at any time" or something like that. But that message kinda goes out the window when you bring the character back, like, two episodes later. Personally, I don't like Brian and would've liked to see where they could've gone with Vinnie.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino