The Official Simpsons Griefing Thread -

The Pink Panther

The Dumb Squash From Lugash
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit. Tonight's Simpsons episode was decent. It was a mockumentary parody on the Simpsons solving the mystery of their stolen 600 bucks. The jokes were alright, the parody was okay, the story and the structure of it was okay, and there were no major moments of bad things or r/fellowkids shit. So yeah.

Sometimes...they pull an okay one out of the trenches.

• Informative
Reactions: SkeletonBias420

Baldur's Gait

Huh, you're a queer fellow!
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit. Tonight's Simpsons episode was decent. It was a mockumentary parody on the Simpsons solving the mystery of their stolen 600 bucks. The jokes were alright, the parody was okay, the story and the structure of it was okay, and there were no major moments of bad things or r/fellowkids shit. So yeah.

Sometimes...they pull an okay one out of the trenches.
You know the saying a broken clock is right twice a day? That could easily apply to unfunny shows. Sometimes they get it right by some miracle. And I'm pretty sure The Simpsons has been operating off of that for years now, which is how people think "Maybe this time The Simpsons will be good again?"

The Pink Panther

The Dumb Squash From Lugash
kiwifarms.net
You know the saying a broken clock is right twice a day? That could easily apply to unfunny shows. Sometimes they get it right by some miracle. And I'm pretty sure The Simpsons has been operating off of that for years now, which is how people think "Maybe this time The Simpsons will be good again?"
Yeah. Optimism is a drug for something like this. Imagine someone saying that when the show hits Season 60. I'd like to see that.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Damn you bitches. I'm now watching the latest episode. Marge still sounds like she's dying.

Edit: I finished watching it and it was pretty mediocre like the rest of the episodes for the past 15-20 years.

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: Trilby

UnKillFill

I'm sorry you had to go through this son...
kiwifarms.net
Doesn't anyone realize that health care in Canada isn't fucking free?! We pay taxes to pay for it for fuck sakes. It's like saying the roads get paved for free.

Also, next time Canada has a Conservative government, I wonder if shows like The Simpsons will still make these "OMG CANADA ROCKS!" episodes. In Canada, TV shows have a different opinion on Americans depending on who's the president. During the Clinton and Obama years, it was all "Americans are our friends even if we have disagreements sometimes!", and during the Bush and Trump years, it was/is all "OMG AMERICANS ARE OUR ENEMIES! THEY'RE A BUNCH OF EVIL BIGOTS!!!!!!11" and anyone except NPC's notice it. It's really fucking ridiculous, especially from people who claim to be peaceful and friendly.
I found your take interesting. I'm obviously not Canadian, and I have absolutely no idea how your political system works... But I was under the impression that cuckTrudeau had somehow managed to piss most of you off. Did I imagine that, or what? If I was right, has that changed anything?

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
kiwifarms.net
I found your take interesting. I'm obviously not Canadian, and I have absolutely no idea how your political system works... But I was under the impression that cuckTrudeau had somehow managed to piss most of you off. Did I imagine that, or what? If I was right, has that changed anything?
You are correct and according to opinion polls, this will likely change a lot during the next election (Which is this year.). Simpsons picked a really bad time to showcase Trudeau as his popularity probably cannot recover.

As for the fellow you quoted, Simpsons still did the Canada rocks thing during the Harper (Conservative) era, so they'll continue to do that unless the Conservative leader goes completely insane. But the Conservative leader is really more of a Jeb than a Trump.

UnKillFill

I'm sorry you had to go through this son...
kiwifarms.net
You are correct and according to opinion polls, this will likely change a lot during the next election (Which is this year.). Simpsons picked a really bad time to showcase Trudeau as his popularity probably cannot recover.

As for the fellow you quoted, Simpsons still did the Canada rocks thing during the Harper (Conservative) era, so they'll continue to do that unless the Conservative leader goes completely insane. But the Conservative leader is really more of a Jeb than a Trump.
Thanks for the clarification.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Would you say that Trudeau was better or worse than Stephen Harper?

Commander X

kiwifarms.net
The Simpsons, the ultimate example of a show that is mostly background noise now after several seasons. No one except for the really committed and desperate fans still watch regularly. For the past several years there's been nothing to distinguish it from many other mediocre animated sitcoms. You know the sort, you can't even call them bland or mediocre, though.. Those shows that are just "there". Occupying schedule space. It's become like one of those animated series that maybe coast along for a season or two with no real acknowledgement and is mainly used as time slot filler for those spots a network doesn't really have anything else for, but they have to air 'something'. The sort of shows Comedy Central etc. would attempt to spackle in gaps in their schedules with, animated "comedies" most people didn't realize existed, other networks' leavings like when [adult swim] kept airing reruns of stuff like "Baby Blues".

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
kiwifarms.net
The Simpsons, the ultimate example of a show that is mostly background noise now after several seasons. No one except for the really committed and desperate fans still watch regularly. For the past several years there's been nothing to distinguish it from many other mediocre animated sitcoms. You know the sort, you can't even call them bland or mediocre, though.. Those shows that are just "there". Occupying schedule space. It's become like one of those animated series that maybe coast along for a season or two with no real acknowledgement and is mainly used as time slot filler for those spots a network doesn't really have anything else for, but they have to air 'something'. The sort of shows Comedy Central etc. would attempt to spackle in gaps in their schedules with, animated "comedies" most people didn't realize existed, other networks' leavings like when [adult swim] kept airing reruns of stuff like "Baby Blues".
I am willing to bet that at least half of the episode views are people leaving their TV running on FOX, not actually watching it.

Would you say that Trudeau was better or worse than Stephen Harper?
I'll just answer this one and avoid derailing the topic further. If anyone wants to ask my opinion about Canadian politics or spam me with Day of the Rake memes, go ahead and spam my profile or something. I'm passionate about the topic so I'll sperg like nuts on here and I don't want to do that.

Trudeau is almost exactly the same as Harper except with a veneer of wokeness. Almost every controversial law that Harper passed, the Liberals, including Trudeau, voted for.

Trudeau legalized marijuana, which I honestly thought he was going to slip-up doing, so that's one positive.

The thing that clinches Trudeau as being worse than Harper though is the fact that Trudeau doesn't seem to believe Canada is a country and sees no point in trying to assert ourselves at any moment. He's a post-national, whatever that means, and I know you guys make all sorts of Canada jokes, but I think Trudeau has damaged the international reputation of Canada as a sovereign nation. Harper at the very least believed we were a country.

Last edited:

Trilby

I got stupid cool hip-hop style!
kiwifarms.net
The thing that clinches Trudeau as being worse than Harper though is the fact that Trudeau doesn't seem to believe Canada is a country and sees no point in trying to assert ourselves at any moment. He's a post-national, whatever that means, and I know you guys make all sorts of Canada jokes, but I think Trudeau has damaged the international reputation of Canada as a sovereign nation. Harper at the very least believed we were a country.
I'm glad you said this. I felt that way about what has happened to Canada since the start of the century. Went to a hockey game recently where the visiting team was from Ontario and had to hear the newly-altered anthem because they had to be inclusive.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino