The Official Simpsons Griefing Thread -

The Pink Panther

Why Can't Man Be More Like Animals?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think we can blame Coronavirus on the Asians, OAKLEY. It came from China and it's because they eat bats, apparently, so therefore the blame can be placed on Asian culture.

Not to be petty, but don't make me remove $pringfield from my top 10, Oakley. I know you're a cliche ORANGE MAN BAD motherfucker, but don't try to remove your authenticity away because you choose not to offend.

UnKillFill

Blue skies, shining on me.
kiwifarms.net
I think we can blame Coronavirus on the Asians, OAKLEY. It came from China and it's because they eat bats, apparently, so therefore the blame can be placed on Asian culture.

Not to be petty, but don't make me remove $pringfield from my top 10, Oakley. I know you're a cliche ORANGE MAN BAD motherfucker, but don't try to remove your authenticity away because you choose not to offend.
It's a bio weapon. Bats have nothing to do with it.

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
It's a bio weapon. Bats have nothing to do with it.
Genetic testing indicates it probably came from bats.

If COVID-19 really is the result of a Chinese biological weapons program, it's entirely possible that they were using bats as test subjects, and some unscrupulous lab worker could've sold some infected bat carcasses to some butcher or chef that was working in the market where the virus was first discovered.

Last edited:

UnKillFill

Blue skies, shining on me.
kiwifarms.net
Genetic testing indicates it probably came from bats.

If COVID-19 is the result of a Chinese biological weapons program, it's entirely possible that they were using bats as test subjects, and some unscrupulous lab worker could've sold some infected bat carcasses to some butcher or chef that was working in the market where the virus was first discovered.
Yes, and?

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
Yes, and?
I've gotten so used to everyone panicking about the coronavirus, I forgot I was in the Simpsons thread for a moment. That was dumb of me, I know.

Back on topic, I'm not too surprised Bill Oakley is virtue-signalling about the virus but it could always be worse.

The Simpsons have yet to do an episode about it...but I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do and it airs long after everyone else stopped giving a shit about it

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yo, check this out: black guys drive a car like this.
[Leans back, as though his elbow were on the windowsill]
Do, do, ch. Do-be-do, do-be-do-be-do.
Yeah, but white guys, see, they drive a car like this.
[Hunches forward, talks nasally]
Dee-da-dee, a-dee-da-dee-da-dee-da-dee.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Big brain thinking: when the final season finally happens do you think that everyone will just go through the motions or will everyone -including the voice actors- will give it their all and do a proper finale?

I don't see Disney looking the other way with such a huge IP like the Simpsons and letting whoever it is that remains at Fox to have final say over a final season. It is possible that it just ends out of the blue, no great send off, we get one end title card saying something to the effect of "Thanks for the all the memories but fuck the haters." But promoting a final season, especially one exclusive to Disney+ would get a lot of people on board. Just saying.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Big brain thinking: when the final season finally happens do you think that everyone will just go through the motions or will everyone -including the voice actors- will give it their all and do a proper finale?

I don't see Disney looking the other way with such a huge IP like the Simpsons and letting whoever it is that remains at Fox to have final say over a final season. It is possible that it just ends out of the blue, no great send off, we get one end title card saying something to the effect of "Thanks for the all the memories but fuck the haters." But promoting a final season, especially one exclusive to Disney+ would get a lot of people on board. Just saying.
I hope they come up with something crazy and worthwhile for the finale, Simpsons has been going for too long for it to just stop out of the blue.

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net

Honestly, I'm not sure yet. Disney still hasn't burned through the episodes ordered from the last Fox renewal, and I think we'll have a clearer picture of the franchise's future after Season 32 is done airing. So, I'd ideally expect some kind of announcement from Disney in Spring 2021.

If COVID-19 hadn't happened, I'd expect Disney to just do another "Fuck You!" to the fans that even Al Jean would consider excessive, either by renewing the series perpetually or quietly announcing Season 33 as the final season and having it be a normal Zombie Simpsons season with maybe a title card at the end credits of the last episode.

But now Corona-chan has taken a baseball bat to the Rat's fortunes, and after how badly Episode IX under-performed combined with how their competitors at Paramount made bank with Sonic just by listening to the fans, while Warner made bank with Joker despite the attempts to cancel it while Birds of Prey bombed hard, I think Disney is at least paying attention to the potential shift in the cultural zeitgeist, even if they won't acknowledge it to the public

The question now is what will they do now that this pandemic has put them between a rock and a hard place.

Their MCU gravy train may be running out of steam and is also under a temporary hiatus until after the summer blockbuster season is over thanks to the ongoing pandemic while their parks are also completely shutdown thanks to it as well. They've already killed the golden goose that was Star Wars, and if the Marvel golden goose is cooked, then the Rat will end up getting taken over by Apple or some other group of Silicon Valley technocrats.

If Disney is smart, they will make Season 33 the very last season and go above and beyond in promoting it, and try to get as much of the old writers from the Golden and Silver Age seasons on board, while removing Al Jean as the main show runner.

Have Season 33 be promoted as the last season and make the entire season sans the series finale a Disney+ exclusive and also have a grand "Every Simpsons Ever" marathon on FXX starting on the day Season 33 launches on Disney+.

I'd time it so the end of the Season 32 episodes would be on a Sunday night, and then at 8:00 PM, the series finale would be availble on Disney+ and there would be a simulcast of the series finale on Fox, FX, FXX, ABC, and Freeform while FS1, Nat Geo, A&E, and History Channel are replaced with a thirty-minute long bumper like TV Land did with the Seinfeld finale.

Make it a big event and even if the rest of Season 33 would be just going through the motions of another Zombie Simpsons season, put in the effort to have the finale be a truly good episode

Last edited:
Tags
None