The Official Simpsons Griefing Thread -

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
Of course you Kiwi Farms idiots cant like anything
I'd like to ask you some honest questions.

First, who is your favorite character on The Simpsons?

Two, how much are Al Jean or the suits at Disney paying you to shill the newer seasons and if you're doing it for free, are they at least giving you a handjob on your birthday or some free Hot Pockets coupons or something?

Because I still can't understand why anyone would defend Zombie Simpsons unless they were part of the company that makes it, or were getting compensated by them.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've never known of anyone other than the AV Club or Al Jean who actually likes Zombie Simpsons.
I think CWC likes Zombie Simpsons.

favourite Simpsons character
I like Bumblebee Man, sea captain, and the Hartman characters.*

Also Doctor Nick (hi everybody!).

*(Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure)

Last edited:

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's quite possible lolcows are the only real Zombie Simpsons fans left now. The "humor" is painfully obvious and direct, not to mention how Current Year the show got - the woke factor.

As others said, if MovieBob likes Zombie Simpsons, it should be about as surprising as the announcement that water is wet.

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
While I do believe some people get way too spergy in their hatred of Lisa Simpson in the later years, it's easy to see why she has so many detractors.

When you look back on the show's decline, Lisa was the canary in the coal mine. She's basically the Patient Zero of Zombie Simpsons.

The episode that's usually considered the moment where her character jumps the shark is Lisa The Vegetarian from Season 7, right in the very midst of Classic Simpsons and one of the seasons that's universally seen as part of the show's Golden Age.

But even in the later Golden Age and Silver Age seasons, she still gets some flak for her proto-woke views if it makes for a good joke, as seen during the football team tryouts scene in Bart Star.

Even in Bart To The Future where she is President of the United States and Bart is a washed-up failed musician, she's depicted as an ineffective leader and Bart ultimately saves the day for her at the end.

It isn't until after the movie that Lisa is fully cemented as the show's least liked of the main cast.

The worst part is that she was a genuinely likable character in Classic Simpsons and even after Lisa The Vegetarian, she had a lot of good moments.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
The worst part is that she was a genuinely likable character in Classic Simpsons and even after Lisa The Vegetarian, she had a lot of good moments.
The absolute strangest part about Lisa is the further back you go the more mischievous she is. There are episodes where she'll occasionally join in on Bart's antics and play tricks on him. You know, like an actual fucking child. She was smart, but the show was also quick to point out her flaws as jokes, such as her self-conceitedness, her social awkwardness, and her need for validation. Episodes like Lisa on Ice, Bart of Darkness, and Lisa's Rival all showcased this perfectly.

As time went on, her flaws fell by the wayside as she became more of an avatar for the writer's stupid opinions and less of an actual child who was smart but socially awkward. People like to point to Ned Flanders as the prime example of Flanderization (hell, it's named after him), but in my opinion Lisa suffers from it on a far worse degree.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The absolute strangest part about Lisa is the further back you go the more mischievous she is. There are episodes where she'll occasionally join in on Bart's antics and play tricks on him. You know, like an actual fucking child. She was smart, but the show was also quick to point out her flaws as jokes, such as her self-conceitedness, her social awkwardness, and her need for validation. Episodes like Lisa on Ice, Bart of Darkness, and Lisa's Rival all showcased this perfectly.

As time went on, her flaws fell by the wayside as she became more of an avatar for the writer's stupid opinions and less of an actual child who was smart but socially awkward. People like to point to Ned Flanders as the prime example of Flanderization (hell, it's named after him), but in my opinion Lisa suffers from it on a far worse degree.
That is all sadly true, and I liked what Lisa had been before the late 90's.

Brit Crust

Most Fashionable Bitch In Tremorton
kiwifarms.net
While I do believe some people get way too spergy in their hatred of Lisa Simpson in the later years, it's easy to see why she has so many detractors.

When you look back on the show's decline, Lisa was the canary in the coal mine. She's basically the Patient Zero of Zombie Simpsons.

The episode that's usually considered the moment where her character jumps the shark is Lisa The Vegetarian from Season 7, right in the very midst of Classic Simpsons and one of the seasons that's universally seen as part of the show's Golden Age.

But even in the later Golden Age and Silver Age seasons, she still gets some flak for her proto-woke views if it makes for a good joke, as seen during the football team tryouts scene in Bart Star.

Even in Bart To The Future where she is President of the United States and Bart is a washed-up failed musician, she's depicted as an ineffective leader and Bart ultimately saves the day for her at the end.

It isn't until after the movie that Lisa is fully cemented as the show's least liked of the main cast.

Adding onto this conversation about Lisa, another key difference between her Classic and Zombie incarnations is how much sympathetic she is as a character and as a person with leftist worldview. Sure, Simpsons writers may always have been left-leaning since practically the first season, but they weren't afraid of letting their mouthpiece Lisa fail in her earnest quest to do what she believed was right, in keeping with the generally cynical philosophy of the show's Classic Era. In episodes like "Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy" and "Lisa the Iconoclast," I find myself rooting for her, even though she doesn't quite emerge victorious in the end.

Contrast that with the Modern/Zombie Era episodes, in which she is pretty much served everything on a silver platter, and is now nigh unsympathetic despite my sharing a fair bit of similar sociopolitical views with the character.

It's also worth pointing out that Lisa was originally characterized as basically a female version of Bart in the Tracy Ullaman shorts. So yeah, she wasn't always politically active, let alone a mouthpiece for the writers.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hutz is better than Gil as a lousy lawyer and should had stuck being a salesman.
I mentioned it earlier, but I recall the first time I saw Gil as a lawyer. I was like "where's Hutz?" At that time I didn't know Hartman had died, and I really didn't know the show was permanently going downhill. This was likely during season 11 or 12, during what @Syaoran Li calls "the Silver Age," and the start of the episodes I would later call "crappingly new."

If Phil Hartman were still alive, the Zombie Simpsons writers would find a way to ruin Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure both.
So it's good that Lionel and Troy "live on" as good characters because they were never in Zombie Simpsons.

Last edited:
Tags
None