The Official Simpsons Griefing Thread -

TowinKarz

Muhahahahahah!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They're also censoring the crap out of new properties they buy up, not for aspect ratio issues, but, to make them more "audience friendly" by removing anything too edgy.... and any corner not rounded down with 5000 grit sandpaper is "too edgy" for the likes of Disney.

So even if they didn't accidentally snip something out of shot that ruins a joke through carelessness, rest assured, they'd have probably cut it out eventually anyway as some D-grade executive argued that a joke about fat people treating bowling as serious exercise had to go since Disney, through 4 degrees of merger, now owns 80% share in a bowling equipment company and we can't be knocking our own stuff with off-brand messaging like that.... sheesh....

When the fantasy version of Trump that lives in my head finishes tearing Google apart with antitrust law, DIsney should be next....

Also, the reason Groening never revisited Life in Hell was probably because after he'd made his fuck-you money, what purpose would be served by developing an old property like that into a medium it wasn't intended for and inevitably having to suffer some kind of executive meddling? More money? More fame? What could it bring that he didn't already have without risking someday regretting he sold himself out? It's like, if one-shot time travel was possible, would you go back and redo your 5th birthday party to make it "perfect"? Probably not because, well, there's more important things in your life to deal with.

Last edited:

Duncan Hills Coffee

Pees out the side of his dick
kiwifarms.net
Before the Disney buyout fox was legit considering launching a full on "the Simpsons channel " nothing but all the episodes and the movie 24/7 with behind the scenes tidbits in between as bumpers
That's kind of a neat idea actually. Despite the fact The Simpsons has more bad seasons than good at this point, there is enough Simpsons content to sustain a channel. The series reached 600 episodes by 2016. With a little planning and with the addition of the behind-the-scenes material, there's plenty of material to work with.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know what bugs me? Matt Groening is probably one of the richest cartoonists alive. He has a personal net worth of over a half billion dollars. Why the fuck did he never finance a Life in Hell animated project himself? He could have resisted the corporate meddling and made the show/film however he liked, and yet he never did. You'd think if it was something he was so passionate about that he was at one point willing to turn it into a show but only stopped out of fear of losing creative control and ownership, he'd be willing to finance it himself.

Too bad, really. I'd have liked to see LIH translated to animation.
There's a saying among the rich: never spend your own money.

Francis E. Dec Esc.

kiwifarms.net
They're also censoring the crap out of new properties they buy up, not for aspect ratio issues, but, to make them more "audience friendly" by removing anything too edgy.... and any corner not rounded down with 5000 grit sandpaper is "too edgy" for the likes of Disney.

"As the Disney censor, it is my job to protect you from reality."

Hello? Old lady from Titanic?

YOU STINK!
"Mr. Plow? No, this is Tony Dow, from Leave it to Beaver.
Yeah, they were gay."

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
The bee bit my bottom and now my bottoms big.

Treehouse of horror V Nightmare Cafeteria "In fact, you might even say we just ate Uter, and he's in our stomachs... right now. Wait... scratch that one". Also ends with a nightmarish gas that turns the family inside out.
Early divorce episode where Marge drives though marriage street.
The episode Homer skips out on giving Abe a kidney transplant.
You know, it was a good sign when a show's creators outright allowed the writers to make fun of them.
his Lawyers called it heat exhaustion

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, it was a good sign when a show's creators outright allowed the writers to make fun of them.
Of course, what Matt meant to say, according to his attorneys, is that he couldn't possibly do it alone. And he insisted that we make time to acknowledge the hard work of everyone who makes "The Simpsons" possible.

Tags
None