The Official Simpsons Griefing Thread -

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
Dear Lisa,

As I write this, I am very sad. Our president has been overthrown and REPLACED BY THE BENEVOLENT GENERAL KRULL

ALL HAIL KRULL AND HIS GLORIOUS NEW REGIME

SINCERELY,
LITTLE GIRL

I will do it! I am strong! I am the great humongous!

horrorfan89

Now I'm Playing With Power!
Fuck, the Simpsons is terrible. It feels like Bernie Sanders' America. The music is just dull. They bought back the A/B storyline in the last few episodes, which was a mistake. It's like eating a bowl of government rationed bran flakes.
Yeah pretty much every adult animation save maybe south park and half of as has really fallen from Grace. The simpsons in particular has become prepackaged media propaganda in the last three elections they've recycled a voter fraud joke in the openings of their treehouse of horrors to make an anti republican statement.

Not to go off into the wrong show but family guy recently made a joke about their gay character Bruce saying he ended up gay because "no one would sit next to me at lunch in high school." And the immediately it cuts to Peter Seth telling the twitter mobs to "cork up those inkpots we know that's not how it works." The family guy of like a decade or so ago wouldn't spoil a joke like that by cowering to cancel culture,

Cardenio

Sponsored by Grubhub
True & Honest Fan
I want to share this old article. So old in fact the original website has gone defunct and now only survives thru archive. http://archive.vn/hogs

Bill Oakley explains how the classic episodes were written. It was clearly a tough process to a pitch an episode. And it shows without a doubt why the show went downhill. Because they simply stopped this process in addition to the veteran Simpsons writers moving on to other projects or retiring.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Scream for your cream
I want to share this old article. So old in fact the original website has gone defunct and now only survives thru archive. http://archive.vn/hogs

Bill Oakley explains how the classic episodes were written. It was clearly a tough process to a pitch an episode. And it shows without a doubt why the show went downhill. Because they simply stopped this process in addition to the veteran Simpsons writers moving on to other projects or retiring.
This really shows why the storytelling went downhill over time I think. This part right here stuck out to me.

You wanted to have a story that had a beginning, middle, and end. You didn't necessarily have to have the act breaks, but you couldn't go into the retreats with just one sentence, you know, something like "Bart vs. Australia."

One of the big problems modern Simpsons episodes have is how disposable a lot of their stories are. Sometimes the episode's beginning plot would either resolve or be dropped altogether halfway through before the "real" story starts and it feels cheap. It would happen occasionally in the classic episodes (Fear of Flying is a particularly egregious example), but what started as a once-in-a-while thing became the norm. And when the storytelling weakens, so too do the jokes because there's nothing for them to latch onto.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
Fuck, the Simpsons is terrible. It feels like Bernie Sanders' America. The music is just dull. They bought back the A/B storyline in the last few episodes, which was a mistake. It's like eating a bowl of government rationed bran flakes.

Yeah pretty much every adult animation save maybe south park and half of as has really fallen from Grace. The simpsons in particular has become prepackaged media propaganda in the last three elections they've recycled a voter fraud joke in the openings of their treehouse of horrors to make an anti republican statement.

Not to go off into the wrong show but family guy recently made a joke about their gay character Bruce saying he ended up gay because "no one would sit next to me at lunch in high school." And the immediately it cuts to Peter Seth telling the twitter mobs to "cork up those inkpots we know that's not how it works." The family guy of like a decade or so ago wouldn't spoil a joke like that by cowering to cancel culture,
“Mmm kids, could you lighten up a little?”

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
"WE DON'T CARE IF THE JOKE IS NOT FUNNY"
Maybe "funny" is "problematic" in 2020?

Phil Hartman
Like I said, that's why I consider season 10 the last good season - it was the last season with Hartman in it. There's still some good stuff a little after, but the decline in quality after 10 is like a steep dropoff. Although had Hartman not passed away, the show's decline in quality would've likely happened anyway.

Sinner's Sandwich

Eid Nedib Eid !
I remember one particulary bad joke that actually made me actually angry because how bad it was. In a Halloween episode Moe got his head cut off and his blood spells the name of the episode and he says "My blood is so smart numerals & everything,"

I cringed because omg that was so fucking bad and for me it's one if the worst "jokes" in the series (another one is: "Spider poison is people poison?") I even wasted 2 minutes of my life to come up with a a little less bad joke. That's how unfunny that shit was,

So the blood spells the name of the episode and Moe says something like:
"Uhm...can I get my blood back? I kinda need it!"

I know it's still a bad joke but for me it's at least a bit more satisfying then what we actually got.

Maybe "funny" is "problematic" in 2020?

Like I said, that's why I consider season 10 the last good season - it was the last season with Hartman in it. There's still some good stuff a little after, but the decline in quality after 10 is like a steep dropoff. Although had Hartman not passed away, the show's decline in quality would've likely happened anyway.

Had Phil Hartman lived longer, I wonder what he would have think of episodes like "Homer vs Dignity" and "The Boys of Bummer" ?

ExceptionallyExceptional

GET OFF MY LAWN!
True & Honest Fan
I was reading about the death of Phil Hartman and whenever i see him on the show i get really sad. What a terrible loss to the world.
I kinda feel the same, but at the same time his absence from later episodes always made me even sadder. Springfield just isn't the same without it's resident washed up celebrity fishfucker and incompetent shyster lawyer.