The Official Simpsons Griefing Thread -

Jozef

kiwifarms.net
That's an official "remaster"?! holy shit it looks like some shitty upload on one of those sketchy watch series sites. I said earlier, at least we have DVD box sets so we can watch the old episodes... but I guess another reason is that we can watch them properly mastered without looking like someone ripped them with the wrong settings, and then applied the "sharpen" tool in Windows Movie Maker, then cropped it to 16:9.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2102293
Fantastic remaster, guys. I'm really enjoying all the horizontal tearing, and the unnecessarily, pointlessly cropped footage to fit a 16:9 ratio really puts the cherry on the shit sundae. I also like how you kept all the drop shadows from the cells to give it that really dated, blown up from 240p look. Give a big thumbs up the ass to whoever is responsible for this quality rework.
View attachment 2102308
lol paying for things

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I miss when Futurama and The Simpsons were fiction in the settings of eachother. Then again, the crossover is in Zombie Simps?

Last edited:

TopCat

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2102293
Fantastic remaster, guys. I'm really enjoying all the horizontal tearing, and the unnecessarily, pointlessly cropped footage to fit a 16:9 ratio really puts the cherry on the shit sundae. I also like how you kept all the drop shadows from the cells to give it that really dated, blown up from 240p look. Give a big thumbs up the ass to whoever is responsible for this quality rework.
View attachment 2102308
Take a look at this to see why a true Simpsons remaster is very likely not possible:

This is why you might never see your favourite TV shows remastered

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
I just don't think Disney cares about those old episodes much. FOX didn't either. We begged FOX for Blu-rays of the good seasons, but FOX refused. They came to the boneheaded conclusion that because Zombie Simpsons DVDs weren't selling, that meant that there was no more demand for Simpsons on physical media.

That's just baffling. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE says that the older episodes are better. How far in the sand does your head have to be to not understand that?

Admiral Mantoid

Griffith and Israel did nothing wrong.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What if steamed hams was combined with sneedposting? Is the world ready for that?

:thinking:
"What if I were to purchase Sneed's gummi bears and disguised them as my own feed? Delightfully devilish Seedmour!"
steamed.png

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
Another future episode, another look at them as teens. Ho-hum.
ugghhh it was mediocre at best before what makes them think it'll work this time?

also it's pretty much ancient history at this point but Can i just say the ending to what used to be the show's only two parter, Who shot mr burns sucked big time? Really going by what we know now and how much of a bts nightmare that episodes production was, It feels like a cop out to make maggie the shooter. Forget principal and the pauper that episode is where the shows first crack in the hull appeared.

right on down to how the chalkboard gag was " i will not complain about the solution when i hear it." Guess Old man Al has always been condescending to anyone who criticizes him. Since that is almost word for word what they said at the end if episode 500. "to those of you who didn't like this episode go complain about it on the intenet." Yes boomers like Al and Seth Mcfarline are always quick to blame that dang new fangled internet for bad reception.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ugghhh it was mediocre at best before what makes them think it'll work this time?

also it's pretty much ancient history at this point but Can i just say the ending to what used to be the show's only two parter, Who shot mr burns sucked big time? Really going by what we know now and how much of a bts nightmare that episodes production was, It feels like a cop out to make maggie the shooter. Forget principal and the pauper that episode is where the shows first crack in the hull appeared.

right on down to how the chalkboard gag was " i will not complain about the solution when i hear it." Guess Old man Al has always been condescending to anyone who criticizes him. Since that is almost word for word what they said at the end if episode 500. "to those of you who didn't like this episode go complain about it on the intenet." Yes boomers like Al and Seth Mcfarline are always quick to blame that dang new fangled internet for bad reception.
I get a feeling there's a lot more to this than what I just read.

Admiral Mantoid

Griffith and Israel did nothing wrong.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

FriendlyPrimarina

kiwifarms.net
Lisa's face in the first image makes me wish they'd do an episode where she suddenly finds out that getting a meme degree and protesting won't pay the bills and is brought down to Earth with a thud as an adult. I know they'd never do it but it would make a change from "Lisa is a high-powered executive/the President when she grows up."